What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese yunnan indica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had an unfortunate mishap which cost me 5 of the 6 Yunnan seeds I sprouted a few weeks ago. :cuss:

I planted the sprouted seeds in cups of coco that I had flushed very well and moistened with RO water and a tiny, tiny bit of Hygrozyme. They all came up strong in a matter of days, and then started to damp off. I carefully extracted them from the coco and re-planted them in Foxfarm Ocean Forest (the only other medium I have available aside from large Hydroton).

Although they're all still green and technically still standing, only one appears strong enough to make it. It's getting its second set of leaves, and is standing tall and proud. The rest are just pathetic little shriveled cotyledons with two tiny little leaves poking out. To paraphrase John Doe, "not what you'd call living, really, but they're still awake". Oh well, I still have 4 seeds. Doesn't leave me much for selection, I think I need to bite the bullet and buy another pack.

So please, nobody buy up the ones up on Seedboutique until I can get more. :violin:

Sorry to hear it,

I dont like to start seedlings in coco. Coco is very well airated and seed germinates fast, it grows but then stops because coco has no food. Then you must use liquid fertilizer which is a dangerous thing with very early seedlings. It's better start them in a well airated and (a little bit) rich soil, so they have all the nutrients they need in the first days straight from soil.

I hope it helps. If you have any doubt, please ask it. We are here to help.
Best wishes.

el gordo

Sorry to hear it,

I dont like to start seedlings in coco. Coco is very well airated and seed germinates fast, it grows but then stops because coco has no food. Then you must use liquid fertilizer which is a dangerous thing with very early seedlings. It's better start them in a well airated and (a little bit) rich soil, so they have all the nutrients they need in the first days straight from soil.

I hope it helps. If you have any doubt, please ask it. We are here to help.
Best wishes.

what i do is fill the pot with regular soil and put and inch or half of coco at the top where the seed is sprouted but just as the seedling starts going down into the soil finds the food easily... it's the method that have worked better for me...

K

kittykronic

i just got a pack of OE..i think it's a very interesting cross..out of all my seed purchases the last few eeks this one gets me most excited..i love earthy kinda musty foresty smell and taste..any suggestions dubi on it..i read the oe thread it looks like a great plant..peace

K

kittykronic

i use rapid rooter plugs soaked in superthrive..works everytime..when root sticks out of bottom of plug right into ffof..never had a problem...peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
what i do is fill the pot with regular soil and put and inch or half of coco at the top where the seed is sprouted but just as the seedling starts going down into the soil finds the food easily... it's the method that have worked better for me...

That's a good tip :wink: Thanks gordo!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i just got a pack of OE..i think it's a very interesting cross..out of all my seed purchases the last few eeks this one gets me most excited..i love earthy kinda musty foresty smell and taste..any suggestions dubi on it..i read the oe thread it looks like a great plant..peace

Welcome kittykronic,

If you are looking for that kind of tastes/aromas then you are going to enjoy Orient Express :smile:

We always recommend high levels on nutrients from late veg till mid flowering. If you feed her correctly she produces huge yields.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for post your chinese female xpresso_one,

looks beautiful and healthy, let's she how she flowers!

E

elmanito

Yunnani Red Orange

picture.php

Pic seeded flower from last year

picture.php

Namaste :canabis:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful purple yunnan manito :smile:

Should be interesting to grow them side by side with our chinese yunnan and to see how related/different they could be. It's always interesting to see people in the community exploring landraces from this zone. Thanks for share it and best wishes for new outdoor season.

E

elmanito

This one germinated spontaneously outside this year and is probably a female.
I think this is a combination of indica and sativa, but the leaves are large as you can see.The height of the plant is about 50-60 cm.We had a big storm the night before with a lot of rain & thunder.:yoinks:

picture.php

E

elmanito

Little update of the Yunnan indica, pic taken today.

picture.php

Here is another pic of the Yunnani Red Orange, smells already very sweet

picture.php

E

elmanito

Update of the Yunnan indica.Preflowering is still difficult to see, but it is beauty.:canabis:

picture.php

sznake

jarhead
Hey elmanito, in that picture of the seeded plant, is that an industrial hemp field though?

I can see the fiber plants in the background. Or is this strain both for fiber and medicine? Has it been selected for both purposes in that area of China? I just think it's an interesting fact if so.
I don't know much about strains that serve both purposes.

gkn

beautifull pics! is interesting ehat sznake pointed out, i hadn't realized it was a hemp field!
saludos

Latest posts

Latest posts