What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top feed - > ebb & Flo

Hey guys,
Ive been thinking about switching over to coco from soil. I know you can top feed - which is what I'm doing with soil.
Heres the thing tho. When I designed my garden I put 2 4x4 ebb and Flo trays in my bloom for drainage. The change over to ebb and Flo would be very simple. Now my question...Can you top feed in veg and switch to ebb and flo in bloom?
This might be a dumb question or I could just be over thinking it.
My thoughts are that roots develop differently when top fed vs bottom fed (i.e. ebb and Flo) Any input is appreciated.

Cannabean

I don't think it would be a problem to do that. the roots should already be near rootbound when it goes into flower so switching to ebb n flow likely won't hurt them. why not just continue to top feed?

p0opstlnksal0t

why change anything widway through? are you transporting veg'd plants from a veg room to separate flower room? you currently have a veg room thats soil and top fed but you have a flower room thats setup with some 4x4 trays? by the time you setup a flood controller and plumb it you could have built a little top feed manifold for your flower room

why change anything widway through? are you transporting veg'd plants from a veg room to separate flower room? you currently have a veg room thats soil and top fed but you have a flower room thats setup with some 4x4 trays? by the time you setup a flood controller and plumb it you could have built a little top feed manifold for your flower room

Yes I have a veg space and then a flower space with 4x4 trays.
So I ended up just running a recirculating drip system. Seems to be working fairly well.
My last soil run yielded 20 oz off four plants under a 700 watt COB.

Latest posts

Latest posts