What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild mushrooms

P-NUT

Veteran
Its been raining a lot here lately and wild mushrooms are popping up everywhere. I got the idea to collect about a gallon or so in a 5 gallon bucket. Not sure what species they are and Im pretty sure most if not all are poisonous. They where growing in my compost and under oak trees. After about a week in the bucket with the lid on they are mostly a funky soup. My question is would this soup have any benefits if I diluted it and watered it in? Could the poison possibly be absorbed by the plants and make them toxic to smoke? I wondered if given late in flower would they be a chitosan like amendment? Any ideas my fellow fanatics?

Dog Star

Veteran
If they are poissonous than dont use them,plants have possibility to absorb bad stuff.

Also why not Antartic Krill meal or Crab meal or Insect frass for chitine??

If you are on West coast than dont collect shrooms in any way... this ones are poluted by Cesium 134,137 and other
radionuclides from Fuku plume.

P-NUT

Veteran
Im in fl and I looked them all up as best I could and they are poisionous. Well except the ones I ate but those I was sure of cuz they had the purple ring stained blue and where growing on cowshit. Some others I picked grew on shit too but are poisionous and stain red. I just figured maybe fermenting them might make them not toxic and boost chitin without months of breaking down.. I use crab meal and love it except when I forget my mask and have the smell of death stuck in my nose for a day. Ive even composted crab shells and dead crabs from a local market but it stinks and it takes a long time to break down. I just figured Id ask if there was a use for all these mushrooms growing everywhere. Maybe I will just dump the funky soup on a worm bin and see what happens.

As for shrooms being tainted on the west coast from fukus is that 100% confirmed? If so isnt food tainted too?

kylekaz363

I bet there are spores of the mushrooms in your 'fungus soup' and they may germinate once watered into your soil if the environment is right. It is hard to say without knowing which mushroom species they were, but it sounds like they were mainly coprophilic. Fungal cell walls are definitely a good source of chitin. Do you have any pictures?

Latest posts

Latest posts