What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

please help me set up my first grow tent

Hello I have been doing a lot of research and want to set up a nice grow tent. Here is what I want to get:

questions I have:

1. do I need anything else?
  2. How should I sent up the ventilation system?
  3. should I run exhaust system on a humidity/temp control? is that possible? Or just run 24/7?
  4. is all the equipment I picked out compatible?
  5. Could you please provide some journals or links of a model 4x4 600w hps grow tent set up please? I am in college and have spent a lot of time researching on this yet I don't have time to find the best journals, if you know of any please let me know.
I think this is a good idea for a good vent set up.
pull via the carbon filter via the light via the fan and out my window.

what do you think? Would I have good control over temps with setting my vent system up like that?

Last edited:
got no responses so I went with my gut feeling and ordered this I will post pictures once I get it all set up - on a new thread and will post the link here. Thanks

A. Jones

Hello I have been doing a lot of research and want to set up a nice grow tent. Here is what I want to get:

questions I have:

1. do I need anything else?
  2. How should I sent up the ventilation system?
  3. should I run exhaust system on a humidity/temp control? is that possible? Or just run 24/7?
  4. is all the equipment I picked out compatible?
  5. Could you please provide some journals or links of a model 4x4 600w hps grow tent set up please? I am in college and have spent a lot of time researching on this yet I don't have time to find the best journals, if you know of any please let me know.
I think this is a good idea for a good vent set up.
pull via the carbon filter via the light via the fan and out my window.

what do you think? Would I have good control over temps with setting my vent system up like that?
1. You will need a fan to increase the air movement inside the tent.I would use a contactor with the plug socket timer and some thermal fuse to make you sleep better.
2. Carbon filter>ducting>reflector>ducting>vent>ducting>window(optimally)/room.
3. You could,but you can run it 24/7 just fine.
4. I would take a little bit bigger carbon filter.
5. Cant think of any set up journals at this moment sorry.

The link you provided,with the vent set up will work without any problems just add some fan inside the tent and youre good to go.

1. You will need a fan to increase the air movement inside the tent.I would use a contactor with the plug socket timer and some thermal fuse to make you sleep better.

The link you provided,with the vent set up will work without any problems just add some fan inside the tent and youre good to go.
Hi A Jones thank you for the reply, I wasn't sure by what you meant by " a contactor with the plug socket timer and some thermal fuse" I haven't heard of that before.

I already ordered the carbon filter - I am okay with it not blocking all of the smell my neighbors know I grow and are cool about it. I got a fan aduster so I am thinking about turing hte fan down at night.

Thanks for the help!

Got it all set up - made sure to add a fan inside.
I am averaging out at 76degrees f and 45%rh. It dips below to like 43 and up to 50. Want to keep it above 45 but I have optimal temps so I kept everything the same and put a bowl of water in the room and that helped bump it up a percent or two.

Thanks for the help - I'm going to post some pictures soon. I had some pretty girls outside so I gave them a neem bath a few times and brought them in - they don't seem too happy but it hasn't even been 24 hours so they are probably just adjusting. They had small buds on them - like just a few pistils so I topped, defoliated, and prunned and put them under the mh for a 18/6 cycle. So far so good with the temps and rh. I will take some pictures and hopefully the more experienced can gauge where I am at to take an appropriate course of action.

pics

pics

here's the tent:

IMG_8513.jpg

the temps/rh (been running 8 hours):

IMG_8514.jpg

the girls - not as perky as I'd like:

IMG_8515.jpg

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
here's the tent:

View attachment 422731

the temps/rh (been running 8 hours):

View attachment 422732

the girls - not as perky as I'd like:

View attachment 422733
I cant really see the thermometer but if it says 45C too hot, if it says 45*F too cold, hoping that is the RH%, but a bit too low.

What nutes are you using (&ppms) and how often are you watering and how much? wilty looking could be over watering..

The rest of it, from what I can see, looks very nice.

I cant really see the thermometer but if it says 45C too hot, if it says 45*F too cold, hoping that is the RH%, but a bit too low.

What nutes are you using (&ppms) and how often are you watering and how much? wilty looking could be over watering..

The rest of it, from what I can see, looks very nice.

the 45 is the rh the temp is the other number - good looking out!
it is a bit low how could I raise it??
I believe the wilt was because when I transplanted them I watered too much - but I let the pots dry out and they started perking up - I then gave a feeding - I use earth juice nutrients and from experience I don't really measure. I give about 1-2 tbsp of Bloom, some micro, some catalyst, this last feeding I gave high brix (molasses) but wont give that again for a few weeks - it's really strong stuff, I gave some Meta-K - and I am going to order oily-cann and start using that. I ran out of my cal/mag but I used the elements and it had N in it - I just found out the oily-cann doesn't - and is organic so I will stick with that. I use oregons only #4 soil - it is super rich soil and gives me great results - also their costumer service is second to none. When I asked them for a more "budget-friendly" soil for a raised garden bed - they replied "We don't do low grade soil we let the rest of the market handle that - black gold is good stuff you will just have to amend it with ferts" - to recommend another brand to suit my needs really made me feel they actually care about my gardening needs more then my money - which I will continue to spend on their products.
I also recommend it it is great soil - you could probably do a water only in it if you just transplanted in fresh soil and flowered right away.

I started a journal on this you can check out here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344752

I will keep it updated and you can see the progress there - hope to see you on that thread! thanks for stopping by :tiphat: