What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Only the Strong Survive

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Buddler,

The MxP smells sweeter than I was expecting. I was worried it would have the fuel oil my Golden Tiger shows. She smells pleasant now, unlike my burning rubber scented Sensi Star. (On edit: I sniffed again since it had been a few days and the buds are getting much more resin: There is a diesel fuelish scent now, but less biting than the GTs I've flowered. Not unpleasant but the sweetness is fading.)

The Kali China and Western Winds are placed directly in front of the fans. Both are thick with buds and i don't want to take chances with the high humidity right now.

Love to live in the United States of Ace

Its a blast!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Claude Hopper,

What an improvement your plants have done in just a few days! :)
You are doing a great job dealing with such variety of different genetics (all with different feeding requirements, heights, flowering times, etc ...) in such a small indoor space, well done!

The Kali China is developing her classic columnar structure, with a main cola indica structure, but at the same time showing good sative influence. I'm curious to know your opinion about her aromas in late flowering.

Malawi x Panama and Panama Haze, due to their tropical sativa nature, will fatten up in the next weeks, after the more indica strains are already well developed.

The Western Winds looks great as well! Thanks for all the updates!

Samuel Caldwell

Your garden is looking great and you've got some genetics that really interest me. Thanks for the updates!

What are you using to feed them?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My pleasure, Samuel.

RE Feeding.

I started out with a 50/50 promix and Ocean Forest. This burned the Panama Haze and wasn't enough for the Western Wind and Sensi Star. I've had some cal/mag lockout, I think because I was letting go too dry. I am now supplementing with botanicare cal mag and - for some- a bit of calcium nitrate.

The P Haze has since taken off and I spent some time today dealing with the branches that are starting to bend. Just look at these long snakey bastards crawling across my grow The little shoot in the center is a freebie auto on a shelf at the back:
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Claude Hopper,

Yeah, Panama Haze needs lesser feedings than most sativa/indica hybrids, especially when compared with the dutch and north american indica indoor strains, which have been bred/selected to accept good amounts of all these kind of new era nutrients (which sometimes are unnecessary).

A well developed Panama Haze can be very high yielding, therefore it could start to bend down its branches due the weight of the flowers.
She would benefit of supporting its stems with nets (especially when you have harvested the fast flowering indica strains growing beside) so all the Panama Haze colas receive proper light intensity.

Best wishes! :)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Dubi,

I'm loving the Panama Haze. I just put supports on her branches otherwise they'd be touching the floor. She is just loading up with buds. I expect really decent yields from what I'm seeing on the PH and the Malawi x Panama.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Claude Hopper, Nice job my friend. I have some of the haze genetics and some of the very long flowering Thai's.(Old Timers Haze, Laos Luang Prabang, Hoa Bac Silver Flower) I don't see them finishing here in my world. I will have to enjoy seeing yours. Thank you Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Claude Hopper, Nice job my friend. I have some of the haze genetics and some of the very long flowering Thai's.(Old Timers Haze, Laos Luang Prabang, Hoa Bac Silver Flower) I don't see them finishing here in my world. I will have to enjoy seeing yours. Thank you Peace

That's kind.

I always wanted to try a long flowering thai. I've come close with several Golden Tigers that ran on for months. I'm on the 3rd generation from my original Ace GT seeds from Thai pheno GTs
picture.php

At about 11 weeks this Malawi Panama is winding down:

picture.php

ULMV,

I haven't done the Panama Haze justice. I've finally had to do a couple of thorough soil flushes. The whole grow I have struggled with leaf drop on her.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
The MalawixPanama is getting heavy and has collapsed it's supports.
picture.php

I'll give her another week or so and see if she keeps bulking up.

picture.php

I'm surprised just how heavy the colas feel.

picture.php

and from further down
picture.php

After I cut these in a week or so I'll get them where I can take some better pictures...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Claude Hopper, Beautiful buds my friend. I hope to have some like that down the road. Very nice job! Waiting patiently for a cured bud smoke report. Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks all!

The mrs just had an uncured sample. Now she's watching some crazy documentary about faked moon landings and she seems to be nodding in agreement

I'm going to need some bigger jars. The Mrs might need a new tinfoil cap

deepwaterdude

Thanks all!

The mrs just had an uncured sample. Now she's watching some crazy documentary about faked moon landings and she seems to be nodding in agreement

I'm going to need some bigger jars. The Mrs might need a new tinfoil cap

This is hysterical;):laughing: Beautiful looking finish going on.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The MalawixPanama is getting heavy and has collapsed it's supports.

After I cut these in a week or so I'll get them where I can take some better pictures...

Yes, please do so! :biggrin: You have a very promising Malawi x Panama female there!

Latest posts

Latest posts