What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

xmo's farm

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're doing something of a little hobby farm here. It's full credential 502 & we're off to a slow start kinda making it happen grassroots-like. Last season was our first & we made lots of seeds:
all_those_beans.jpg

this year's start included some goodies like this.
Swami's mazarXpck in blue & my own bagseed cross in red:
6_1_seedlingGLAM.jpg

here's what the furthest along plants {Blue Velvet} looked like first transplanted:
a5_30_BV.jpg

and, today i took a pic walking in the door:
6_10_coming_in.jpg

I'm growing a cross I did last season of Swami's Velvet Rush & some OG kush based on crossing the prominent/known OG cuts. Calling it "Blue Velvet" not to be confused w/ classic blue velvet. This one's a male but a nice pic nonetheless:
6_10_blueVelvet.jpg

I'm hoping to get back here & update/maybe share some last year's pix {like all those seeds}

:tiphat:

Attachments

• 5_30_BIG (7).jpg
    5_30_BIG (7).jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 12

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bit of a rainy day today & plants reacted well to that weather
a trio of swami's NL5xH
6_15_3NLHs.jpg
more of his Nigerian Sunshine
6_15_NSs.jpg
my own blue velvets
6_15_BVs.jpg

antheis

Veteran
that is nice branching on the blue velvets. i'm looking forward to seeing those in flower the most.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's a cross of velvet rush {male} & OG kush ~our origog which is a hybrid of the major cuts

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's how things are progressing w/ the veg plants waiting in the building
6_24_bldg.jpg
one of tonygreen's gorilla bubble. looks pretty nice today
6_24_GB.jpg
a nigerian sunshine from swami
6_24_NS1.jpg
here's the 3 amigo NLH
6_24_3amigo_NLH.jpg
and blue velvet
20150511 061532 1 1

started pulling tarp so the outdoor girls are on their way to flower

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some more;
northern light x haze developing some budsites
6_27budsitesNLH.jpg
3 amigos
6_27-3amigo.jpg
sunrise through the blue velvet
6_27sunrise.jpg

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
getting kinda crowded in my building
7_14 (2)web.jpg
nigerian sunshine
7_14 (5)web.jpg
gorilla bubble
7_14 (4)web.jpg
& flowers starting to come on
7_14 (6)web.jpg
blue velvet
7_14 (3)web.jpg

growingcrazy

Care to get into any of the details about getting the farm up and running?

Looking forward to seeing how your season progresses!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the wife & i worked together on it. the compliance hurdles seemed at times a little excessive. Some were expensive like the insurance. some were simple details like getting fingerprinted. doing the build~out was quite a learning experience. we rented some things like a mini-excavator & it was fun to use the machines. it has been a boot~strap project & at times seemed arduous or like we may not finish.

it's super nice to actually be growing & licensed. but, the whole thing remains a work in progress.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys! yeah, the 3 amigos are northern light #5 X neville's haze ~swami's version

i made a lot of seeds last year & these are my Fwhatevers. Gas took them to something like F6 or 7. i just don't remember.

i'm seeing some yellowing on the 3 amigos like this pic i took a week ago
7_14 (8)web.jpg
did a blood meal & gypsum top-dress. figuring Ca is below acceptable norms & some N might help. they do look better today largely because new growth has diminished the proportion of the yellowing & those leaves have dried & shrunk

i'm figuring on getting some pix soon as flower set is looking good now

meanwhile, containers are doing better than the yard soil we purchased so; mixing up about 1.8 yd of peat & perlite. this will get amended w/ oyster gypsum, cal-phos, & even regular garden lime. for "food" amendments, it's going to be neem crab kelp. i mix the last of my ROLS w/ a new batch like this too.
DSC_1210sm.jpg

Last edited: