What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Act

Rider420

Great news for home growers!

The new law makes a distinction between vegetating and flowering plants. It states you can not have any budding or flowering plants in public and only four budding or flowering plants at home. Meaning you can have as many clones or mother plants in veg as you like at home and can give four clones away legally!

For me that is the best news of the day!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
being the lazy jerk that i am i was/am waiting for someone to do all the heavy reading and come up with a readers digest version of what it all means. thanks for clearing up point one rider. that actually seems like a common sense approach. 6432 plants in veg are just houseplants if you can only flower 4 at a time. i will be tickled pink kush when i can finally grow again. it is such a hugely rewarding endevour.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
According to Part 1, Section 8, subsection (e) - it's illegal to have more than 4 non-budding/flowering too.

Illegal "for an individual to possess more than four cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering".

So, eight is my count for personal grow - 4 flowering & total of 4 mothers/clones.

Personal? No problem with 8.

Gmack

So just to be clear if you get pulled over the cops can demand a saliva sample. If that test shows you have used marijuana recently they have the right to take you to the station for impaired testing consisting of a blood test and cognitive function test. Just because you fail the road side test your not guilty of dui they need to prove impairment and have no set quantity of thc in the blood to say you are impaired. You have to fail the cognitive function test to be charged with dui. The blood test is to determine beyond a doubt that you have thc in you system not to prove you are impaired like blowing a .08 would.

blastfrompast

Veteran
So is outdoor backyard FLOWERING allowed?

Or will it be up to the provinces to deal with this one....

IE you have an anti-potter next door complaining about the smell...

Will the municpalities make rules to deal with this when it happens much like some do concerning smoke from BBQ's etc. Backyard chickens (odor issue is excuse for some municpalities). etc.

TheBlackman

yo,

4 per dwelling.

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — dwellinghouse
limit

(5) Unless authorized under this Act,
if two or more individuals who are 18 years of age or older are ordinarily
resident in the same dwelling-house, it is prohibited for
any of those individuals to cultivate, propagate or harvest
any cannabis plants if doing so results in there being
more than four such plants being cultivated, propagated*
or harvested at any one time in the dwelling-house.

Rider420

if you read thru the entire document, it later clarifies that in the case of the plant count, only one adult can grow 4 plants and it clearly says propagating, cultivating,harvesting at any one time. To me that says 4 plants.

Sorry buddy but it states an individual can have in public and give away four non flowering plants on page 19 but not one flowering plant, and bottom of page 20 reiterates the distinction between flowering and vegetating plants.

Last edited:

Rider420

According to Part 1, Section 8, subsection (e) - it's illegal to have more than 4 non-budding/flowering too.

Illegal "for an individual to possess more than four cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering".

So, eight is my count for personal grow - 4 flowering & total of 4 mothers/clones.

Personal? No problem with 8.

Got a good laugh it's a typo it should read "for an individual to posses more then four cannabis plants that are budding or flowering" Now if there was another line that stated you could only have four flowering plants and four non flowering plants you would be right.

And on the next page it states that you can not have one flowering plant in a public space but also states you can have four vegetating plants in public and give them away.

Buddha1

Veteran
So just to be clear if you get pulled over the cops can demand a saliva sample. If that test shows you have used marijuana recently they have the right to take you to the station for impaired testing consisting of a blood test and cognitive function test. Just because you fail the road side test your not guilty of dui they need to prove impairment and have no set quantity of thc in the blood to say you are impaired. You have to fail the cognitive function test to be charged with dui. The blood test is to determine beyond a doubt that you have thc in you system not to prove you are impaired like blowing a .08 would.

After the press conference this morning that announced the Legalization policy on CBC news, there was an interview with an expert on the inparment of a person on Cannabis and Alcohol(I don't remember his name or petigree).

He stated...There are people that can be under the influence of large amounts of Cannabis that function perfectly fine and are NOT impared.
And there are people that can be under the influence of small amounts of Cannabis that CAN'T function and ARE impared.

Because of how Cannabis reacts with the chemisty of the body...there is NO clear limit that defines if a person IS impared or is NOT impared on Cannabis.
With Alcohol and how it reacts to the body chemistry, there is a clear and definate amount where all persons are considered impared once they reach a certain level of Alcohol consumption.

His comment was..."This is going to make it difficult to set any hard line amounts on Cannabis impairments from a legal point. Most likely it will result in a removal of suspected impared Cannabis drivers from the puplic roads and not in a criminal charge".

I interpeded it as a..."Park it, your walking today"...situation.

Peace...B

PS...Wish I could remember his name...he was making very good points.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
It appears the government expects everyone to buy there seeds and clones legally? Better get some Tweed seeds because we know they are great! What a fucking joke, all the LP's have the same boring dutch strains, with a few BC ones thrown in. No LP's even have real breeding programs. Its all rebranded euro seed.

If "legal" cannabis is going to work, consumers, personal growers and LP's should have proper access to seeds, not just some fucking garbage LP seed. We need genetic diversity in legal seeds, if not the black market will take care of genetic diversity(like they have!).I am very happy we are moving forward, but this fight is not over for a while yet.

Gmack

After the press conference this morning that announced the Legalization policy on CBC news, there was an interview with an expert on the inparment of a person on Cannabis and Alcohol(I don't remember his name or petigree).

He stated...There are people that can be under the influence of large amounts of Cannabis that function perfectly fine and are NOT impared.
And there are people that can be under the influence of small amounts of Cannabis that CAN'T function and ARE impared.

Because of how Cannabis reacts with the chemisty of the body...there is NO clear limit that defines if a person IS impared or is NOT impared on Cannabis.
With Alcohol and how it reacts to the body chemistry, there is a clear and definate amount where all persons are considered impared once they reach a certain level of Alcohol consumption.

His comment was..."This is going to make it difficult to set any hard line amounts on Cannabis impairments from a legal point. Most likely it will result in a removal of suspected impared Cannabis drivers from the puplic roads and not in a criminal charge".

I interpeded it as a..."Park it, your walking today"...situation.

Peace...B

PS...Wish I could remember his name...he was making very good points.
Spot on! They have to give you cognitive test or you refuse to do the test for a conviction

Gmack

It appears the government expects everyone to buy there seeds and clones legally? Better get some Tweed seeds because we know they are great! What a fucking joke, all the LP's have the same boring dutch strains, with a few BC ones thrown in. No LP's even have real breeding programs. Its all rebranded euro seed.

If "legal" cannabis is going to work, consumers, personal growers and LP's should have proper access to seeds, not just some fucking garbage LP seed. We need genetic diversity in legal seeds, if not the black market will take care of genetic diversity(like they have!).I am very happy we are moving forward, but this fight is not over for a while yet.

If anyone who like to discuss seeds dm me for my email address.

Rider420

If you want to SELL your weed commercially then yes you have to get your seeds or clones from a legal producer.

If you grow for your own use you can use what ever seeds you like even ones you smuggled in up your butt! And you can get clones from anyone who has them "up to four" even if they smuggled those seeds in up their butt.

So get out of your butt and ask around in 2018 when the law changes and you too can get any strain of any clone in existence if you have friends.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
If you want to SELL your weed commercially then yes you have to get your seeds or clones from a legal producer.

If you grow for your own use you can use what ever seeds you like even ones you smuggled in up your butt! And you can get clones from anyone who has them "up to four" even if they smuggled those seeds in up their butt.

So get out of your butt and ask around in 2018 when the law changes and you too can get any strain of any clone in existence if you have friends.

I'm not sure if that's what the liberals had in mind...

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Looks bad for people interested in breeding and preservation...if some herb loving aliens could just abduct me and my seed stashes. I have so many plans and the man just doesn't want to allow it. Come on herb smoking aliens, I will go in peace.

Gmack

Boils down to it will still be illigal to buy and import marijuana seeds except from lp's. It will be legal to trade or give away cuts/seeds so no seed to harvest monitoring can be done. If your spending money the only legal option is to buy lp Schwag. Importing by the ass still not legal but you keep practicing until it is.

Rider420

Boils down to it will still be illigal to buy and import marijuana seeds except from lp's. It will be legal to trade or give away cuts/seeds so no seed to harvest monitoring can be done. If your spending money the only legal option is to buy lp Schwag. Importing by the ass still not legal but you keep practicing until it is.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/some...e-of-liberal-pot-legalization-bills-1.3367677

at first, sales will entail only fresh and dried cannabis, cannabis oils and seeds and plants for cultivation. Sales of edibles will come later, once regulations for production and sale can be developed.

The seed vendors of England and Europe are now looking into legal imports of their goods into Canada on an industrial scale. Plus offering clones legally for the first time. And they have the money and resources to make it happen. Once cannabis is legal in Canada they can copy write their brands for the first time. Can you say gold rush? :dance013:

troutman

Seed Whore
if you read thru the entire document, it later clarifies that in the case of the plant count, only one adult can grow 4 plants and it clearly says propagating, cultivating,harvesting at any one time. To me that says 4 plants.

the outdoor part is confusing as it is suggesting to me that an outdoor vegging plant is okay but that no flowering plants on public property. Private property isn't public property but no it doesn't look like they have spelled out the outdoor on one's property very clearly.

The 30 grams posession and the ability to legally travel with 4 non flowering plants is interesting.
I fear canadians are in for a seed to harvest or clone to harvest tracking tag system in your future. They have made new crimminal code for advertising cannabis products on sites originating outside canada and it looks to me like importing genetic material like seeds and pollen are also being fortified by your crimminal code. 14 years maximum for importing cannabis , products or advertising outside canada yikes!!
lots of 5000.00 fines thrown in for all kinds of control over the little things.
I would like a definition of what the government defines as illicit cannabis, how do they plan to differentiate?

I also think it's 4 plant no matter what stage they are in.

Too bad for them I cant count when I don't feel like it. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts