What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SHWG indoor organic grow and raising worms

Snowy as fuck this morning. Been harvesting & trimming 4 days, finally done.

Got about 21 ounces of nice buds. 5 unique kinds of love triangle. Sunshine daydream #2 (the keeper with the tight nugs and heavy buzz, muffin batter smells)
And had 1 other sunshine daydream pheno to run again before culling. Number # 5.

Pretty mediocre harvest, actually. In terms of yields and quality, at least bag appeal...

I can't help but compare this round to my last one and this one is really coming up short.

I feel like the soil needs replenishing. Ive started a new batch as I mentioned above, but won't get to use it till July. The new round I put together is in the same no till pots... but I did do some topdressing (kelp,fish, gypsum) yesterday, which might help.

The next round consists of:
4ea Tahoe OG clone
1ea Tahoe OG bag seed
2ea GSC forum cut
2ea LT#4
1ea SunshineDaydream #2
1ea LT #1
1ea LT #3

Better line up to start and now we are on schedule for our 3 veg weeks in the tent, 10 weeks flower, 4 harvests per year. The last round wasn't allowed nearly enough veg time, that's at least half the reason I have some crappy yields over here.

The Tahoe OG bagseed has me very excited. The plant I got the seed from produced 4 seeds total. They were all along the main stalk. I popped 2 beans, both females. One was undesirable in look/structure, and was culled. The other one has the "look". It has a smelly stem rub, deeply variegated leaves, very tight node spacing.

There's a chance she's a winner. First bag seed I ever had high hopes for...

culled one plant and freaked when I saw the roots. little worm shaped critters eating roots. I guess fungus gnat larvae and am treating with gnatrol drench.

about to start flowering and feeling lost on this run, ha haa. giving them a vermicompost tea tomorrow and will do some enzyme teas. no more top dressing, I either helped or didn't, time will tell.

crossed fingers and did some top dressing and just pushing this one thru. will be making new soil for the next round. cant wait.

fried my fone that I take pics with new fone cometh in june..

hope good weekend to all

sgarcata

I grow using a Clackamas coots style soil mix, no till style. Flower in 10's and 30's.
Hi, there... reading through your thread here. I'm in process of moving from all organic to organic/living soil with worms, cover crop and mulch. What do you mean by Flower in 10's and 30's ?

sgarcata

Question: I may not be doing this in the correct sequence. Planted new round today from 5" pots; then I was going to introduce the worms; then the cover crop; then the mulch when cover crop is 3 - 5". Will be hand watering until Blumats arrive and get installed. I've had a worm bin for 6 years so I'm familiar with their care and feeding there, but can't quite figure out how to feed them during the time between when they are introduced and when the entire environment is up and running. Is there enough for them from the roots of the previous harvest or should I spread malted barley or alfalfa flour?