What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Watching Right Now Pt II.......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh that's out? Cowboy bebop is one of the best anime of all time but didn't want to bother with a Netflix sub for something that sucks.did you like it?

It follows the Anime series stories. It's just not possible to make a real-life copy of an anime series that's as good.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh it's impossible.i heard good things about the Witcher.i beat the game twice.and then there is the last of us series coming out.i can get it all free but it's kinda a pain in the ass

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
DF639036-50CE-45FB-8D34-28EBF7CA904F.jpeg

(repo man)

moose eater

Copper River dip-netting.

Couple of relative newbs, but they did a better job than they did on their subsequent videos and better than a number of others, who were even less experienced.

But it gives a limited insight into that fishery; fed my family for decades from that clean River.

The salmon that spawn up the Copper River are typically going MUCH further than the salmon that spawn up the Kenai and related rivers, so the oil (and specifically Omega 3 oils) is much greater in presence in the Copper River fish. Salmon typically are equipped with sufficient oils/fats to make their journey home for their spawning.; Another species willing to die for sex.

So, despite the mid-grade quality of the video, here it is...

Copper river dipnetting 2020 - YouTube

mexweed

Veteran
been watching interviews on YT of a bunch of mafia guys that are out of prison now, they all seem to agree that the Irishman is bullshit, they were also very involved with drugs, running weed with the Jamaicans in NY, one of the hitmen killed a Jamaican over 20lbs they stole, it's funny because he says it was "20lbs of what at the time we called weed"

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
with a theme song.

the dickies cover of that song powers “hit girl”’s fight scene in the movie, kick-ass…

PS “uh oh, chongo”

LowFalutin Found another Russian gem you might be interested in. The Duelist (2016).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5282006/
thanks GS. i still have The Return and The Banishment here, needing to be eyeballed.
i have ridley’s the duellists dvd here. (saw you mention it awhile back) the commentary
is interesting, he stating that it was very influenced by kubrick’s barry lyndon.
and wishing he had some of those high-end, nasa-developed
lenses kubrick had for filming in ultra low-light conditions.
the cinematographer was frank tidy, who ridley worked with on 100s of commercials previously.
he went on to lens the canadian western i’ve mentioned here before, The Grey Fox,
and helps explain why that film looks so good.
wondered if your green squall handle was related to rid’s white squall,
it seeming like a dead poets society (“o captain! my captain!”) - gilligan’s island (“a three hour tour…”) mash-up.

watched steve mcqueen’s follow-up to his powerful 12yrs@slave, Widows (2018).
based on a mid-80’s mini-series of the same name…
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085111/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Green Squall

thanks GS. i still have The Return and The Banishment here, needing to be eyeballed.
i have ridley’s the duellists dvd here. (saw you mention it awhile back) the commentary
is interesting, he stating that it was very influenced by kubrick’s barry lyndon.
and wishing he had some of those high-end, nasa-developed
lenses kubrick had for filming in ultra low-light conditions.
the cinematographer was frank tidy, who ridley worked with on 100s of commercials previously.
he went on to lens the canadian western i’ve mentioned here before, The Grey Fox,
and helps explain why that film looks so good.
wondered if your green squall handle was related to rid’s white squall,
it seeming like a dead poets society (“o captain! my captain!”) - gilligan’s island (“a three hour tour…”) mash-up.

Yeah, glad you didn't get the two confused. If I had to choose, I'd say Ridleys The Duelists is a superior film, but the Russian movie is still worth a watch. Interesting to hear the former was influenced by Barry Lyndon and about the use of Kubricks nasa cameras. I don't often watch the commentary on DVDs.

Hahaha yes, my handle certainly is related to the movie White Squall. As a kid, I sailed Opti's and 420's, and every time the weather prevented us from going out, they would often pop in White Squall for us to watch, so I saw it many times over those years.

moose eater

Exploring A 1930s Alaskan Gold Mine! - YouTube

The mine in reference is the old rambler Mine, out near (off of) 43-mile Nabesna Rd., out past where we typically launch the snowmobiles to get back into Copper and Tanada Lakes for our later Winter ice fishing.

The presenter in the video is incorrect about a number of things; as one example the (primarily wooden) 'troughs' built into the side of the mountain that run down to the wash plant was a common feature of mines here 100 years ago, +/-. The presenter refers to them as a tramway, which is an entirely different apparatus and purpose. The troughs were used to redirect water from up high, to wash the gravel and gold.

Also, there are lodges (one in particular, and I believe one more) that are pretty much open along the Nabesna Rd. most of the year, if not year-round, though about 3/4 of the year, the traffic is very minimal and primarily local at those places.

*Note that the narrator/presenter spies an old Model T or model A axle at the 2nd mining location he investigates and announces he's going to hike out of the area, taking the axle back to his truck... basically announcing to the entire YouTube community that he's about to violate the federal laws.... He's in what has been a National Park & Preserve since the later 1970s/early 1980s. The Feds frown on removing artifacts from their turf.

Otherwise, a pretty good video. Beautiful country out that way, herds of inland/Interior/Southcentral caribou, eagles, moose, bear, packs of wolves, Dall sheep, and awesome fishing.

Last edited: