What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I read that it was Kush Haze but wen i kept readin someone says its first breedin parent was NlHaze

they probly use the name Kush as many do jus meanin indica or Afghani heritage(northern lights) this is y i was askin because i saw both stated

if its a NLhaze i'd b more interested bcus i've seen alot more stable NlHazes than any Kush haze hybrid so far....like if its a NlHaze from Nevs seedbank in the 80's

I'm guatemalan n i love NlHaze so this hybrid seems to b ment for me haah

Welcome Budbo,

We think it is indeed a NL/Haze. Line came from a few seeds brought from a friend that lived in adam for a long time. She saved the few seeds she found of what she believed was the best smoke in town. Seeds came from little seeded coffee shop weed and not from seedbank selections.

We grew the seeds here and found interesting females, it was a strong sativa/indica line, quite high yielding and powerful with a strong incensey-hazy influence.

The best NL/Haze mother was pollinated with our best guatemala sativa father to produce original Tikal poli hybrid, then hybrid was backcrossed again to guatemala sativa to produce Tikal line we are offering in the past years. The dutch seeds were clearly a haze-indica cross but being not sure that indica genes were NL, then we described the genes simply as Kush/Haze. So Tikal now is 25 % Kush Haze and 75 % guatemala sativa. Hope it helps.

BudBo

O ok so i understanded it correctly

If it wer me tho i'd tell people its of a indica Haze hybrid decent or of a Afghan HAze hybrid decent (or NlHaze) bcus Kush seems to really b jus a hype name n doesn't really say wer shes really from (especially cus kushes weren't really in the dam besides Hindu n Master that went thru Sensi, and i haven't herd of any hybrids that came from them n haze at that time)

But yea thats jus me i'm very interested in your guys seeds because their typically brand new strains made from scratch i got alot of respect for hard work

If its not to personal of a ? it'd b nice to kno how many breeders u guys have in ACE seeds n would b nice 2 see who made wat

So like lets say i like the Tikal i'd like to kno its creator to see if he/she has made anything else bcus we'd probly both have the same taste in plants so i'd probly like his/hers other hybrids as wel

O i have a ? as well the orient express do u kno if Head Seeds oriental express is the same?

I believe they use oriental express female and a Diesel Male to make Casey Jones but it says tht it contains Trainwreck so i thot the Oriental Express had trainwreck in it thers is trainwreck x thai i think

BudBo

BUMP^^^^^

Sorry for asking so much ?'s .....haha

Its the only way to learn right? (Read and ask ?'s)

I hope you all at Ace have a good holiday

Take it easy

Budbo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
O ok so i understanded it correctly

If it wer me tho i'd tell people its of a indica Haze hybrid decent or of a Afghan HAze hybrid decent (or NlHaze) bcus Kush seems to really b jus a hype name n doesn't really say wer shes really from (especially cus kushes weren't really in the dam besides Hindu n Master that went thru Sensi, and i haven't herd of any hybrids that came from them n haze at that time)

But yea thats jus me i'm very interested in your guys seeds because their typically brand new strains made from scratch i got alot of respect for hard work

If its not to personal of a ? it'd b nice to kno how many breeders u guys have in ACE seeds n would b nice 2 see who made wat

So like lets say i like the Tikal i'd like to kno its creator to see if he/she has made anything else bcus we'd probly both have the same taste in plants so i'd probly like his/hers other hybrids as wel

O i have a ? as well the orient express do u kno if Head Seeds oriental express is the same?

I believe they use oriental express female and a Diesel Male to make Casey Jones but it says tht it contains Trainwreck so i thot the Oriental Express had trainwreck in it thers is trainwreck x thai i think

Thanks Budbo for your kind of words,

We are 3 'main' breeders at ACE Seeds and few collaborators.

Our Orient Express is different to Head seeds Orient Express. Ours is F1 hybrid between selected Vietnam Black mother and chinese male.

I think head offering is a trainwreck x thai cross as you commented.

Hope it helps. dubi

BudBo

Thank You Dubi i wanted to make sure to not get things mixed up i'm interested in ur Oriental n Tikal(Gautamala) lines alot as well as the Purple Paki Chitral

I believe Heads hybrid is called Oriental Express mayb thats good thats thers alil difference in the names

Thank for alil breedin info on u guys as well are you one of the main breeders? (sorry if i should know this, but i've just recently started learning about your guys seedbank)

Take it easy n happy holidays

Budbo:smokeit:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank You Dubi i wanted to make sure to not get things mixed up i'm interested in ur Oriental n Tikal(Gautamala) lines alot as well as the Purple Paki Chitral

I believe Heads hybrid is called Oriental Express mayb thats good thats thers alil difference in the names

Thank for alil breedin info on u guys as well are you one of the main breeders? (sorry if i should know this, but i've just recently started learning about your guys seedbank)

Take it easy n happy holidays

Budbo:smokeit:

Thanks for your interest in our work Budbo,

Your are right, Head's hybrid is called Oriental Express and our VB x China F1 is called Orient Express. It's one of our first commercial hybrids, we didnt know about Head's offering so it was not our intention to confuse the grower with similar names.

Yes, i have been breeding and working for ACE Seeds since the early beginnings of our collective.

Happy holidays! :)

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hi :)

Tried the Tikal for the first time yesterday, very nice anise-licorice flavoured hybrid, me likes :D

good vibes

Last edited:

Syd

ICMag Donor
Your are right, Head's hybrid is called Oriental Express and our VB x China F1 is called Orient Express.

Happy new year, Dubi
Oriental Express is by Billygoat and it's Arcata Trainwreck x Thai

BudBo

Hey Syd that was my mistake not dubi's i told him it was from head seeds because i was confused because head had recently used it in a hybrid

thank you for clearing things up

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Is this Tikal?

Is this Tikal?

Bought a pack of AceMix last summer and now i got 3beautifull plants that i dont know what strain...is not a problem.
Just curiosity.
Is this a tikal?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Any trained eyes around here?

Attachments

• estufa007.jpg
    estufa007.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
  • estufa018.jpg
    estufa018.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 55

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome paulo,

very nice looking and high yielding ACE mix plants ;) I think it's more probably a sativa x chinese hybrd, at least for the flowering formation. Will wait till mauturation and to hear your smoke report. Thanks for share it!

paulo73

Veteran
Thanks Dubi!
Sharing is the point, isn´t it?!
I+m looking foward to that smoke myself, but those beauties dont want to be rushed;)

Syd

ICMag Donor
I don't know witch genetics are in the mix but you deserve a K+ 'cause just a very few of people are able to grow sativas keeping the leaves perfectly green.
ENJOY YOUR JOINTS
Very good work
And K+ to the selector of genetics

paulo73

Veteran
Many thanks Syd
I think is a question of some patience,a bit of green fingers and loads of love.
Those are some of the most beautifull plants i´ve seen...ever;)
I will enjoy my joint almost as much as i enjoy growing those beauties!
Peace Syd

De La Luz

Just started 5 seeds of the original Tikal offering (circa 2007 ? I think?) Anyways, 100% germination and looking good so far! I'll up date as she matures.
Thanks to Dubi & Crew !!!

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I've harvested a tiny Tikal cut some days ago and I falled in love with her acid strawberry smelling!!! can't wait for been dried...

Good luck De la Luz with this Tikal!! it's an amazing Sativa!

Salud!!