What's new

Zamaldelica Genetics

H

HerbScience

Is there a difference in regular and femenized Zamaldelica genetics? The description on regular says Golden Tiger is a parent and on femenized it says Malawi is a parent; crossed with Zamal on both.

smk8000

Is there a difference in regular and femenized Zamaldelica genetics? The description on regular says Golden Tiger is a parent and on femenized it says Malawi is a parent; crossed with Zamal on both.

I too was wondering what the difference is. Is it in the yield, effects,structure, or all 3? I would like to go feminized just because I already have so many strains sexed out and not a lot of room in the garden to sex out more. If the fems are inferior in some way. however, I would reconsider the regs.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
They are different, fem made with Killer Malawi, regular made with malawi/thai.

And besides that fem was made with a reversed female and the regular used a male of a different strain so they will be different just based on that.

smk8000

They are different, fem made with Killer Malawi, regular made with malawi/thai.

And besides that fem was made with a reversed female and the regular used a male of a different strain so they will be different just based on that.

Do you know how they are different? Is it effects, taste, yield, overall structure?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Do you know how they are different? Is it effects, taste, yield, overall structure?

Well I haven't personally grow them but based on them being 50% the same they should show some similarities between both hybid's.

FWIW, If you look at Mendel's law of inheritance, there will be some like the mom, some like the dad and a few in between.

One is pure African, and one is mostly African with some Thai mixed in, so I would assume that would make it a little bit different.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
For an idea of what to expect in any cross, read the parent's information and imagine a 50/50 blend of the two.

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger is one of the most powerful and interesting sativa hybrids we have developed lately. It's a straight hybrid derived from the 'killer' Malawi mother and a selected Meao Thai male. Meao Thai is an exceptional highland Thai selected by Cannabiogen. In this hybrid, we have combined the 2 most potent and resinous landrace sativas we have ever worked with. The result is a plant with a great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional floral traits. The flower bunches flare over forming dense buds with small leaves. The trichomes are big, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.
Effect:
Overpowering psychedelic sativa effect, dense, stimulating and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa smokers.

Malawi

After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, we can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa we know. Its dense flowers of enormous trichomes compete with the most powerful indica/sativa and indica hybrids on the market in reference to their size and cannabinoids concentration. The potency of their flowers is simply devastating, and it is especially recommended for experienced smokers that seek extreme sativa effects without renounce to an abundant harvest.
Effect:
Extraordinarily powerful, intense and psychedelic, with more than 4 hours of duration. Only recommended for hard and experienced smokers.

--------
I've only run the standard M/F Zamaldelica line, but I would imagine the Malawi x Zamal fems are going to be less clear and energetic from the thai elimination. Fem Zamaldelicas (Zamal x Malawi) should be more potent and overpowering. My african looking Zamaldelicas were more paralyzingly potent and less electric than the spindly thai-looking ones.

Fems are not inferior. Feminization allows the breeder to take a proven female from a massive selection group, reverse it's sex and use it to create new lines which have no worries of whether or not you picked a good breeding male. On top of basically guaranteeing the best genetics, Fems are also exactly that - nearly always female. For those of us with plant count considerations, it allows you to run more plants without having to worry about pollinating your females.

smk8000

For an idea of what to expect in any cross, read the parent's information and imagine a 50/50 blend of the two.

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger is one of the most powerful and interesting sativa hybrids we have developed lately. It's a straight hybrid derived from the 'killer' Malawi mother and a selected Meao Thai male. Meao Thai is an exceptional highland Thai selected by Cannabiogen. In this hybrid, we have combined the 2 most potent and resinous landrace sativas we have ever worked with. The result is a plant with a great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional floral traits. The flower bunches flare over forming dense buds with small leaves. The trichomes are big, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.
Effect:
Overpowering psychedelic sativa effect, dense, stimulating and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa smokers.

Malawi

After years of hard work and intense selections with sativas from all around the world, we can confirm that Malawi is the most powerful and psychedelic landrace sativa we know. Its dense flowers of enormous trichomes compete with the most powerful indica/sativa and indica hybrids on the market in reference to their size and cannabinoids concentration. The potency of their flowers is simply devastating, and it is especially recommended for experienced smokers that seek extreme sativa effects without renounce to an abundant harvest.
Effect:
Extraordinarily powerful, intense and psychedelic, with more than 4 hours of duration. Only recommended for hard and experienced smokers.

--------
I've only run the standard M/F Zamaldelica line, but I would imagine the Malawi x Zamal fems are going to be less clear and energetic from the thai elimination. Fem Zamaldelicas (Zamal x Malawi) should be more potent and overpowering. My african looking Zamaldelicas were more paralyzingly potent and less electric than the spindly thai-looking ones.

Fems are not inferior. Feminization allows the breeder to take a proven female from a massive selection group, reverse it's sex and use it to create new lines which have no worries of whether or not you picked a good breeding male. On top of basically guaranteeing the best genetics, Fems are also exactly that - nearly always female. For those of us with plant count considerations, it allows you to run more plants without having to worry about pollinating your females.

Thanks for the information. One more question: Does the elimination of the Thai change the flowering time at all?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi HerbScience,

Zamaldelica standard has been the same since it was released: Zamal mother x Malawi killer/Meo Thai male, and still remains the same. There's standard stock of the original outcross for at least 1-2 years more.

The feminized version has been modified with the new selections and work with the strain, Zamaldelica line still has a lot to offer and like with any other ace strain it's always our wish to try to improve the lines each time more. The first Zamaldelica feminized release was Zamal x Malawi killer (reversed), the next one and available now is Zamal x Golden Tiger early pheno (female from standard stock, reversed). Future feminized versions will be worked towards the best Zamaldelica mother, with lovely delicate mango aromas and the elevating trippy high i was looking for, will be mixed with the more lemony, better yielding and high quality thai koh chang/malawi killer line (new Golden Tiger fem line).

H

HerbScience

thanks for the info and great genetics, I'll be running Panama, Vietnam Black x Thai, Zamaldelica, and Nepal Highland in open pollination, hoping for some freak phenos at 33 N continental outside, any predictions or advice?

S

smallgardener

My Zamaldelica fem. seeds were buyed in february. can you please confirm what it is - newer or older version, which sativa dominant? thank you
I have two seeds:
pheno 2 - harder buds but not so big, now resin like crazy the best Ive seen :D and she looks earlier. smell just grassy/earthy yet, maybe bit sugar.
5weeks from seed after switch
picture.php

picture.php

and this pheno is from cut , even not so fast, buds are big but not so hard yet, still good resin , smell is also grassy/earthy...
picture.php

picture.php

S

smallgardener

sorry for repeating but they are starting to make some fresher smell :) its hard to define yet, somethíng earthy/oily/bit sweety, bit carroty ...
they are today 43 days after switch under 400w
the first one Z2 - she have more malawi buds i think, with special bag appeal :woohoo:
picture.php

and that second one Z1 is more Zamal leaning i guess
picture.php

respect Dubi !!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks for the info and great genetics, I'll be running Panama, Vietnam Black x Thai, Zamaldelica, and Nepal Highland in open pollination, hoping for some freak phenos at 33 N continental outside, any predictions or advice?

Hi Herbscience,

Unless you live up in the mountains or in a especially cold micro climate
you should be able to finish all the strains with great success at your latitude, only VB Thai could be a bit more difficult.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings smallgardener,

The zamaldelica fem from early 2013 was the straight zamal x malawi killer hybrid. The very high resin production, dense flowers and earthy/oily aromas come from the malawi side. She looks real powerful with only 5 weeks of flowering, the next month is going to be interesting ! Thanks for the updates!

MostlyMe

Veteran
Where do the broad, almost indica like leaves come from in some Zamaldelica (femmed) pheno's? As far as I know both parents have thin long leaves. My first Z had those too, but my second didn't. Until I looked at some pictures here, I thought I got the wrong strain from my supplier.

xinox

Hello,
I have a question to dubi :

on the height zamaldelica regular i grow, one was for me the best pheno. it have a very tropical look, long internode, long flowering (by far the longest), and very flexible branch. Very powerfull high (the most clear and psychedelic i've ever try), but also very tasty (the best of the 8) ; all zamaldelica have the same kind of smell with variations, but this tropical pheno was more floral, sweet and subtile.

It's become for something like the holy grail and i regret i didn't keep it. Maybe i will try to make a new selection to find something similar, but i wanna ask you what kind of pheno do you think it is so simplify the selection process. For me it's look like thai/zamal but i want your wisest opinion :)

I upload some photo :

https://plus.google.com/photos/1145...ms/5942125170459056177?authkey=CNzCmY78mJ_CfA

I have to admit this genetic really kick ass, it's easy to find what we want with it. You can find anything between the long flowering tropical kick ass pheno, from the exeptional fast flowering and short pheno. I'm very happy crossing my panama with one strange and crazy zamaldelica male, with very short node and fast flowering. The first try i made with these seeds gave short, fast, powerfull and exeptionally dense sativa that i really enjoy. (i already upload this, but it cost nothing to give it again : https://plus.google.com/photos/1145...s/5890124342589708433?authkey=CLTwzfud_a7QwQE)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hi HerbScience,

Zamaldelica standard has been the same since it was released: Zamal mother x Malawi killer/Meo Thai male, and still remains the same. There's standard stock of the original outcross for at least 1-2 years more.

The feminized version has been modified with the new selections and work with the strain, Zamaldelica line still has a lot to offer and like with any other ace strain it's always our wish to try to improve the lines each time more. The first Zamaldelica feminized release was Zamal x Malawi killer (reversed), the next one and available now is Zamal x Golden Tiger early pheno (female from standard stock, reversed). Future feminized versions will be worked towards the best Zamaldelica mother, with lovely delicate mango aromas and the elevating trippy high i was looking for, will be mixed with the more lemony, better yielding and high quality thai koh chang/malawi killer line (new Golden Tiger fem line).

Dubi, were the Zamaldelica's that were given away as freebies at seedboutique the fem or regular?

I have a 5 pack in the fridge but they just say Zamaldelica.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, were the Zamaldelica's that were given away as freebies at seedboutique the fem or regular?

I have a 5 pack in the fridge but they just say Zamaldelica.

Hi HidingInTheHaze,

The Zamaldelica freebies at seedboutique are the standard version. Enjoy it!

W

Water-

Hi HerbScience,

Hi Dubi,

I was wondering about the genetics of the Zamaldelica used in the new Ethiopian cross:

Zamaldelicas F1s (Zamal/Thai phenos and Zamaldelica mango carrot elite) x Ethiopian P2 standard

is it Zamal mother x Malawi killer/Meo Thai male ??

thanks so much
aloha
water

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Water-,

Yes it is. The Zamaldelica mothers used for the Zamaldelica x Ethiopian crosses came from the original Zamaldelica F1 regular release: Gerrrit's Zamal A x Old Killer Malawi/Meo Thai.

I used 5 different Zamaldelica females and 3 2nd generation pure ethiopian males to produce the different Zamaldelica x Ethiopian hybrids.
Concretely: the Zamaldelica elite mango carrot mother and also 4 very nice Zamaldelica Zamal/Thai phenos.