What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

power bucker???

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thats , bit special isn't it ......... don't like the price . looks a bit unpredictable also ,

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Tech is Julian reincarnated.

Lol, jk. But idk if bucking is that time consuming of a process, especially of you hang whole branches to dry. Few snips of a branch and, if you're not overly concerned, you can put the stem between your fingers and "pull" small buds off of lower branches sort of like meat off of a shishkebab.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

wow , cool ...

let us know for sure , if its does well you may be onto a fast track solution. for the twister feed. chopping it all up and selecting the sizes could be time consuming .

HillMizer

I think bucking is pretty darn time consuming.

I would love it if this did dried flowers. I use a Triminator dry and the bucking process kills productivity. I almost exclusively use it for small buds that go to a seperate market now.

Tech lets us know how it goes. If you tried a dry branch for me I'd love it

tech1234

I think bucking is pretty darn time consuming.

I would love it if this did dried flowers. I use a Triminator dry and the bucking process kills productivity. I almost exclusively use it for small buds that go to a seperate market now.

Tech lets us know how it goes. If you tried a dry branch for me I'd love it

You got it. I'll do some dry stuff too. I should have this in about 5 days

B

BAKED_BEANZ

good one tech , go where no mans gone before ..... you just never know right :)

tech1234

So the update so far... I'll give it a thumbs up. Its speeds things up a lot. It is less rough on buds than I would have though (unless you have a jam, which is too frequent)

Not much maintenance required but the reliability for cali size ops would be questionable. Mostly the issue is that the rubber drums wear out faster than expected. I called trimpro and they have been very helpful and are sending me new backup drums. Also an updated drum design may be in the near future.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

shit if your needing parts already , that does, nt sound real good .
and jams a lot ........ so a few weeks down the track do you see it run over by the work truck :) or bought out next season . lol hopefully this new drum system works better

thanks for the update tech ,

tech1234

shit if your needing parts already , that does, nt sound real good .
and jams a lot ........ so a few weeks down the track do you see it run over by the work truck :) or bought out next season . lol hopefully this new drum system works better

thanks for the update tech ,

Well keep in mind that even with the issues it pays for its self in a few days. It will buck a 30 gallon tote full in 15 mins. That Same amount takes 4 humans 30-45mins

tech1234

Rubber rollers seem like consumables. If trim pro stocked those for reasonable money this thing would be perfect. I'm sure trim pro will get up to speed soon

B

BAKED_BEANZ

so its not that bad , after all ..... kinda just sounded that way .
um so whats the condition of the bud like to compared to a humans snip ? does it squash or compact it at all , ruff it up in anyway

tech1234

If it doesn't jam then I would say amazingly it is almost identical to a human snip but if it jams you have no choice but to grab the buds and squeeze and pull which sucks. Now that I have been running it for some time and have learned the tips and tricks I would say only 1 in 75 jams

B

BAKED_BEANZ

no option to snip the jammed bud , rather than pull it . i,m flying blind here though brother . lol