What's new

Simple Verticle Flower room

GuyManDude

Just glancing over some of the vertical threads and figured I'd throw mine up here. I love this set up. been using it for years. And I love the trees that grow in it

4 foot cool tube, mounted vertically with a 1K hps in each end. the plants love it and I like having options

First pic is Blue Mystic (Nirvana) - she turned out to a be a nice yielding beast. Tasted like berries with lime and a hint of mint in the background. Sooo yummy
the middle pic is Hippy Slayer - first time running her. she's a phenotype of a Bodhi strain. She likes her N but doesn't like the flower boosters.
the 3rd pic is me just playing around getting my feet wet. Don't take this plant too seriously. I haven't seriously done hydro in 4 or 5 years

Attachments

• Bluemystic 3 weeks-private.jpg
    Bluemystic 3 weeks-private.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Hippy Slayer group-private.jpg
    Hippy Slayer group-private.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 34
  • Skywalker Hydro 3-private.jpg
    Skywalker Hydro 3-private.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 31
That looks pretty good. All green leafs from bottom to top in mid flowering stage. Well done ;)
I wonder what your GPW will be when you use 2000 watt in the middle of 4 or 5 plants. The cooltube does help you have a better climate but it blocks off alot of light aswell. What would one 1k bulb do without the cooltube?

GuyManDude

That looks pretty good. All green leafs from bottom to top in mid flowering stage. Well done ;)
I wonder what your GPW will be when you use 2000 watt in the middle of 4 or 5 plants. The cooltube does help you have a better climate but it blocks off alot of light aswell. What would one 1k bulb do without the cooltube?

hey thanks for stopping by. I don't play the GPW thing. I throw a ton of light at the plants and get great buds. Bare bulbs in that room would cause lots of heat issues and my electric bill would be more ridiculous. I've tried it in previous set ups. I like this because I can get the plants pretty close to the glass. I can get 8 or 9 plants around that cool tube and harvest 6-8 zips per plant or more in 3 gallon bags, depending on the strain and how bad I screw things up. :biggrin:

In order to keep the smell down and have a nice negative pressure in the room, the exhaust for the lights runs 24/7. If I don't do that, you can smell the flower room form the sidewalk in front of my house. My house is 100 years old. There's no way, well not without a lot of work and money, time etc, I could get things sealed up to the point where i wouldn't have to do the negative pressure thing. So my AC runs all day and night keeping my electric bill pretty high. I'd hate to think how much more it would go up running bare bulbs. In the winter, I could do that. Once outdoor temps get down to 35 at night, i shut off the ac and bring in outside air to cool the room. But summers here on the Great Plains make it rather impossible for bare bulbs

gr866

Veteran
hey thanks for stopping by. I don't play the GPW thing. I throw a ton of light at the plants and get great buds. Bare bulbs in that room would cause lots of heat issues and my electric bill would be more ridiculous. I've tried it in previous set ups. I like this because I can get the plants pretty close to the glass. I can get 8 or 9 plants around that cool tube and harvest 6-8 zips per plant or more in 3 gallon bags, depending on the strain and how bad I screw things up. :biggrin:

In order to keep the smell down and have a nice negative pressure in the room, the exhaust for the lights runs 24/7. If I don't do that, you can smell the flower room form the sidewalk in front of my house. My house is 100 years old. There's no way, well not without a lot of work and money, time etc, I could get things sealed up to the point where i wouldn't have to do the negative pressure thing. So my AC runs all day and night keeping my electric bill pretty high. I'd hate to think how much more it would go up running bare bulbs. In the winter, I could do that. Once outdoor temps get down to 35 at night, i shut off the ac and bring in outside air to cool the room. But summers here on the Great Plains make it rather impossible for bare bulbs

GR8 stuff!
I hope you continue to post and comment on us other guys grows. It is nice to have experienced growers speak of issues.
Anyway sub'ed and very interested.
GR

Do you use a carbon filter? Just in case I see none.

GuyManDude

Do you use a carbon filter? Just in case I see none.

sorry, I'm around. been a busy couple of weeks.

I will never again buy a carbon filter. Not after having to haul the old used up Can 150 out of my basement. I grew very tired of buying a new one every year. So I have gone to an 8 inch inline ozone generator. It works wonderfully. No smell at all. That being said, I am exhausting all of my exhaust out of the house. Ozone is very harmful in quantity so you must exhaust out of the house. I have built a wooden plenum over a basement window, painted it flat black on the inside and sealed it with iquid nails. The exhaust goes from the veg and flower rooms, through the ozone gen and into the plenum and out of the window. I had to replace the fuse in it in the 3 years I've been running it, but no more huge, heavy bullshit carbon scrubbers. Initial cost for the ozone generator is more ($500 or so), but but a 5 pack of fuses was $18. Better than dropping a couple hundred per year on filters or trying to source fresh carbon, tearing the filter apart and refilling and getting it back together, for me anyway.

hope that helps

Last edited:
sorry, I'm around. been a busy couple of weeks.

I will never again buy a carbon filter. Not after having to haul the old used up Can 150 out of my basement. I grew very tired of buying a new one every year. So I have gone to an 8 inch inline ozone generator. It works wonderfully. No smell at all. That being said, I am exhausting all of my exhaust out of the house. Ozone is very harmful in quantity so you must exhaust out of the house. I have built a wooden plenum over a basement window, painted it flat black on the inside and sealed it with iquid nails. The exhaust goes from the veg and flower rooms, through the ozone gen and into the plenum and out of the window. I had to replace the fuse in it in the 3 years I've been running it, but no more huge, heavy bullshit carbon scrubbers. Initial cost for the ozone generator is more ($500 or so), but but a 5 pack of fuses was $18. Better than dropping a couple hundred per year on filters or trying to source fresh carbon, tearing the filter apart and refilling and getting it back together, for me anyway.

hope that helps

My advisor was not positive over ionisers. Glad it works for you ;) Main concern is ofcourse that the niegbourhood might call the police because of a marijuana smell around a certain place over a period of time. I guess in the USA you do not want to get caught doing that even though you have only a few plants.

GuyManDude

it works wonderfully well. Without the ozone, you can smell my grow from the street in front of my house. With the Ozone, there is a slit ozone smell and no cannabis smell. I just got tired of throwing my money away on carbon filters.

j_hold420

Great looking grow, GMD! I'm with you on the ozone. I use an inline ozonator and I haven't looked back. Carbon filters only worked for me when they were brand new.

GuyManDude

Thanks j_hold420. I'm currently saving up for one of the new air cooled DE lights, probably a 750 (select a watt grow amp) to replace the horizontal 1000 watt HPS in the flower room.

GuyManDude

Hippy Slayer

Hippy Slayer

it's getting a bit cold here, as you can see. I though I'd throw up some bud shots from the big vertical light. The beautiful thing about these lights is that you get usable bud fro top to bottom of the plant.

Attachments

• Hippy Slayer 67 days-private.jpg
    Hippy Slayer 67 days-private.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Hippy Slayer 67 days 2-private.jpg
    Hippy Slayer 67 days 2-private.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Hippy Slayer 67 days 3-private.jpg
    Hippy Slayer 67 days 3-private.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts