What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$1.3 million in gold, silver seized from drug operation

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Thought some others might be interested in this story...

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120919/news/709199685/print/

The Daily Herald said:
$1.3 million in gold, silver seized from drug operation
By Paul Biasco

Federal authorities filed a complaint Wednesday in an effort to legally seize more than $1.3 million worth of silver bars and gold and silver coins as well as more than $100,000 in cash recovered from a DuPage County-based drug operation, authorities said.

After investigating the operation, which police say moved massive amounts of marijuana from California to the Chicago area for more than a year, authorities arrested William E. Brock outside a warehouse facility near McClellan Air Force Base in North Highlands, Calif.

While executing a search warrant on the minivan the 36-year-old Glen Ellyn man was driving on April 25, FBI agents discovered 44 sealed cardboard boxes containing approximately 294 pounds of marijuana in vacuum sealed bags, according to the complaint filed Wednesday.

Later that night, agents discovered 34 more boxes containing 412 pounds of marijuana inside a storage unit that Brock had leased in October 2010, according to court documents.

While under arrest in California, Brock consented to a search of his Glen Ellyn residence on Kings Court and a search of the residence on April 25 uncovered about 2 pounds of marijuana, just under $65,000 in cash, heat seal bags, a money counting machine and a vacuum sealer, as well as a lease agreement for a storage unit about 3 miles away in Lisle.

When agents told Brock they would be searching the unit, he stated, “that’s gonna hurt,” according to the federal complaint.

A search of the unit at Lock Up Self Storage, 435 Ogden Avenue, revealed 133 one-hundred troy ounce silver bars, 547 ten troy ounce silver bars, 859 five troy ounce silver bars, 10,001 one troy ounce silver rounds and five 5-gallon buckets filled with gold and silver coins, according to court documents. The total value of the silver and gold is estimated at $1,305,105. Agents also recovered $75,000 in bundled cash, according to the complaint.

The total weight of the seized silver is estimated at 2,090 pounds.

While under arrests Brock told a group of Will County Sheriff’s deputies that “the South Side of Chicago will be hurting for weed for awhile,” and that he fronted about $1 million in marijuana to customers and was owed $270,000 from one individual, according to the complaint.

He also admitted to dealing marijuana out of his Glen Ellyn residence and said he used a Ford F-250, which was also seized, to deal and collect profits.

Authorities were tipped to Brock in February 2011 and began conducting surveillance on his residence in March and April 2012, according to the complaint.

During the investigation, they observed him drive from his Glen Ellyn home to Sacramento and back in the Ford F-250, and when agents told Brock it was being seized, he said “not my truck, I love that truck,” according to the complaint.

Brock was indicted in an eastern California district court for conspiring to distribute more than 100 kilograms of marijuana and possession with the intent to deliver more than 100 kilograms of marijuana.

MIway

Veteran
Ah man... How is one so successful yet so fucking stupid? Man oh man...

That sucks. He was really doing well. Sounds like he had around 2 mil. With that kind of money maybe it would have been better to start investing in some type of legitimate business. If not why not bury all that money where no one would find it. That's just crazy. Hopefully he doesn't do too much time but with Fed charges its not looking to good. Maybe he will get lucky.

I don't believe that he consented to any search. Cops will say whatever they want.

watts

ohms
Veteran
he got complacent because he lived in California in my opinion. He prolly thought "it's just weed"

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
thats too bad but really man you could have done so much better... having so much and yet keeping in one spot is beyond dumb.. and yes it wasnt all one spot but it was all linked together from one spot which is the same shit.

supermanlives

Veteran
pay storage units in cash . dont keep reciepts or paper trail. dumbass. they will never get my rental unit lol

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Damn ..I feel like he was 2 compliant tho ..consent to search ?? He had enough to pay 2 lawyers and try to fight that ..Also if I was his CONNECT I would skip town ..anybody with that much shit and is cooperating ALREADY is very scary

Damn! Someone offered to send me a gift and it was from a fort something in california, some fatboy or some user name with fat in it years ago, this sounds too eerily familiar. It ended up arriving crushed in aluminum foil should I worry now?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
If he's talking, I doubt that was his only stash sites, sounds to me like there is more else where that he wants to get bail to go and grab and vanish.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Damn! Someone offered to send me a gift and it was from a fort something in california, some fatboy or some user name with fat in it years ago, this sounds too eerily familiar. It ended up arriving crushed in aluminum foil should I worry now?

Yeah. You should definitely be concerned. After the people he fronted over a million in herb to, and the person who owed him over 250k. I'm sure you're next on the list. I recommend moving, changing your name, and maybe some plastic surgery. I might consider moving to South America. Best of Luck! Hopefully you saved the aluminum foil to make a hat out of.

sourpower456

the point of the story is never keep reciepts,and keep your self quiet all the way from capture to jail,and till you are a free man again even inmates snitch... LET YOUR LAWYER DO THAT TALKING FOR YOU...THE MORE U TALK THE LESS LEVERAGE YOUR LAWYER HAS TO MAKE UP STORIES TO SET U FREEEEEEEEEEE. '''' AND NEVER EVER SNITCH DONT U KNOW SNITCHES GET STITCHES,LOL..............

supermanlives

Veteran
thats gonna hurt , meaning they are gonna fuck him but not kill his game . IMHO. he got big and forgot basic security measures. for that you pay in cash and time usually.hope you get out early and have cash$$$$. meanwhile your screwed unless you have a good network and a trusted associate.

Ortiz_NE

homie should've kept him mouth shut when getting arrested though. Imagine how stressful it would be even if he had lots of money stashed, he'd be sitting in prison for years PRAYING that it's still there when he gets out

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
homie should've kept him mouth shut when getting arrested though. Imagine how stressful it would be even if he had lots of money stashed, he'd be sitting in prison for years PRAYING that it's still there when he gets out

Had he left it in the storage unit and not paid, you would have seen Dave, Brandi & Jarrod, Darrell, or Barry YUPPING for it on Storage Wars