What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi skunk, bigbud and white rhino sog/scrog.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
diggin' the clean grow man, seems you have taken your time to plan the space & maintain it well.

the sensi skunks are looking good for 30 days... what is the bloom time given as by sensi?
i think it's 45-50 days and it looks like 1 or 2 will be nearly finished by then, going by the pics. what do they smell like now? any funk odor or just all sweet?

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
My first grow room was a mess and had little room to move or store pots and other needed equipment. Running recirc back then i didnt worry about the floor it was always wet and messy..

Once i move into this new house i went all out bought a shed, insulated it, dug and cemented in some in and out holes under the shed so there are no visiable holes, bolted shed down well and layed panda film as a floor cover, last thing i want is weeds or moisture commin up through the brick work worked but should have use a pond liner for longer use....

After a few bug problems i realised cleanliness was the only way but not sterile..

the skunks are comming along cant recal the suggested harvest date but id thik they will go 8 weeks 56days. Phenos D and M look to be the better atm although in last days the others are filling out and packing on the trics.. I was expecting a funky odor like Mazar but so far they all have varied but sweet smell and very sticky with more trics early in flower that my other strains...

thc43

Veteran
:wave: :joint: :joint:

At day 20/21 scrog grow,

looking back at last tree grow plants are not flowering quite as fast, Hopefully just the globes getting old, have done atleast 3 full flower cycles and maby 2 months on veg 18 or 24 hour days.. new phillips globes to be sure :wave: .

The skunks only two phenos now that look decent the others are maturing faster but have low yield and look kinda mutant not really what im looking for atm. :chin:

Pheno C the better of the mutants :confused:

Pheno D one of the better ones.

Pheno M looks good but has Pink BallS at the top of main buds..

Pheno M the ball :sasmokin:

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
well that's sucks! just typed out a long ass reply only for the proxy gremlins to gobble it up lol...

"After a few bug problems i realised cleanliness was the only way but not sterile.."

yup! i agree totaly it's a must as apposed to a luxury.

looks like the scrog is taking it's sweet time to flower as you point out. hope there's no problem there.... they look lush & very healthy anyways so i am guessing they're alright.

back to the skunks, i thought they would be sweet seems to be the case with most of the skunk offerings about. your 'm' pheno looks alot like another sk#1 cross sensi do that i have grown out. i think that is your sk#1 pheno. as you point out 'd' also looks good.

even though the others are not yielders they may well turn out stellar in the smoke dept. hope they do... wtf is up with the 'pink balls' lol, do you mean nanners/hermies (male flowers). or literally ball shaped protrusions, lol. don't mean to laugh at the problem. just sounds comical 'pink balls'.

stay safe bro...

R

randude

Big Bud high. I am still wondering if BB gets you high or not. I have my first crop going that way and wondering if I should clone or buy more seeds?

thc43

Veteran
Hi there guys..

Randude can assure you this bigbud gets you stoned, my strain experience is quite limited mainly ozzy bush clones and no more than 10 euro seed strains..

this strain was first known to me by another name but in late 2002 when i bought same strain to re mum it was sold to me as bigbud.. Is the same strain 100% sure on that..

Out off all strains BB makes the finest hash always black to dark brown closest i get to full melt and stronger per cone than say white rhino second best strain in my stable. :chin:

Shhh howdy mate.

cleanliness is the way togo takes many small problems out of the equation. and isnt hard at all a couple of minutes removing old or dead leaves a sweep and maby a mop takes care of the room itself.

Looks like i have a problem 4 weeks into the scrog grow and all plants are refusing to bud something ive never seen or heard if before.:bat: instead beating a dead cow i decided to clean up and start again with some spare clones, after speaking with a mate im pretty sure the lack of flowering was caused by either the 3 days of random power outs i had in week 1 or the new products im running" canna bio boost and fulvic humic 1400" My money is on the powr cuts at the worst possiable time..

Im about to remove the plants today so ill get a pic or two i think youll be suprised , in last days ive got alot more pistles growth from running ec high like these strains normally get 2.6ec. was limited to weak ec because of the skunks running from same res and not handeling above 2.2 . Both strains ive grown a few times so can be sure there ok although they are 7 years old in my hands never flowered and maby another 5 years in others hands before me.. Luckily ive managed to get in contact with the clone source so can replace all the mums and maby even score a new white widow....

so here we go again 8x 20litre pots of 100% coco

non vegged clones flowered using only canna nutes and addys. :joint: No experiments or messing around back to what i know..

fart its going to be hard cutting down these girls they look. so healthy..

The skunks are already maturing pheno D + m are the better looking but maby have lesser trics and will be another 3 weeks before fin(not as mature) all of the lower yirelders are only a week or two off finnishing near all pistles are red and trics all white about to change to ??? maby amber.

:badday: :badday: .

thc43

Veteran
a few pics

6x plants before they where mulched

After 26 days floweres just didnt develop.

root health was ok but unlike i normally get. Usually really fluffy and healthier looking. but still ok after 5 weeks of growth

feeling alot better today clones are near ready, another 12hours on veg and ill plant up and flower.. Was unable to get a widow clone/s in time so ill leave her for next round or maby when the skunks come out..

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
:lurk: Take 2.... mixed clones some drinking more than others so i need to sort them out using the 8 better plants. There still pretty young only just rooted so maby another 24huors veg would be wise cups dont feel full of rooties yet. :yummy:

quick skunk update

Looks like i have a mixed bunch of phenos this first one looks to be more indica than the larger yielding plants

One of the crazys but looking 100% better this week with first PK feedings

thc43

Veteran
the new set up roughly 15 to 17litre pots with 100% coco on a 3 inch bed of perlite. Coco rinsed with PH 6.0/ 1.3ec coco nute and rhizotonic then let drain fully for a couple of hours before planting.

8 pots closest 4 are bigbud and the further 4 white rhinos.

Hmmmm

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
wow! hope you don't mind but this is one frosty gal that deserves a blown up pic :joint:

19673skunk1.jpg

nice work thc, looks like they have put on quite a bit of weight and the pk will only help add more :yes:

i am puzzled about your scrog, i know what you mean about fluffy thick roots in coco... but it still does'nt add up. maybe the power outs as you say, but thn again i have had like 5-6 power outs when i had electrical probs once and the gals still flowered and done ok.

oh well i think rippin em was the best choice considering you have replacements ready to go. are you sure there's no light leak into the scrog section, looks like the 2 grows are apart...

pheno m is looking more and more like what i though was a sk#1 pheno in some sk#1 x nl i grew. same smell a you describe to. was a great smoke very rich thick smoke...

stay safe mate.

thc43

Veteran
:wave: that will be $5 there ~shhh~ and $2 per pic onwards :pointlaug

I think she has more trics now :joint: about time for a skunk Update :lurk: back later with pics.

Ive been growing a few years now and never come accross plants that refuse to flower. In the beginning i did 10 days veg in the same room but devided off so the skunks could continue to flower. The wall itself was light/ air tight but the in vent duct alowed alittle light into the skunk room.. Skunk room lighting only on with the scrogs light 18/6 so would have had no leak back into the scrog room at anystage. :chin: if that makes sense :bat:

A week later in the first week of flower my suburb was hit 3 days in a row with rolling black outs, what the power companys do when it gets above 40c and all A/C accross the state come on at same time 3pm to 4pm.. was very unlucky i guess had been atleast 5 years since i can remember the last time we had no power for more than a few minutes.

back to what i Know with the first res.
coco nute 1.3ec PH 5.8
rhizotonic 4ml
canna zym 2.5ml
budlink silica 0.5ml

PK handwaterings daily PK added from 1.3res water to 2.0ec(about 3ml per litre) "skunks only".

ripe pineappple smell now filling the room from pheno M as she starts to pack on the trics and fill out from top of buds to the bottom. Looks like she will go another 2 maby 3 weeks with Pheno D, other phenos could be ready within 10days.

Finally got around to clearing out the freezer :dueling:

A few bubble hash pics mostly bigbud and white rhino but with alittle mazar and hash plant trim. Hard to tell at the moment whish is stronger Bigbud bubble or white rhino/ mazar/ hash plant trim.

Peace :sasmokin:

thc43

Veteran
sensi skunk near harvest.

What im smoking tonight

Now the scrog after 7days looking healthy now but a few days ago i tried to increase the fert alittle fast 1.4/1.6/1.8 tipped at the same time and the white rhinos played up with very dark folige and not fully formed leaves. Flushed watered down the res to 1.6ec and there looking better today but not booming.

4x white rhino day7

bigbuds alittle faster growing and not bothered by increased fert.

white rhino

bigbud

thc43

Veteran
Harvested the first 2of5 sensi skunk phenos these two plant where very much the same lower yield massive calaxs with a dirty sand type smell. The three remaining still need a week to ten days and look to be yielding atleast double of the these harvested plants.

3x longer flowering sensi skunks

The scrog is NO MORE :badday:but atleast there flowering at a pace im use to. I didnt get the growth i needed to fill the 2x 600wt 1.2m x 2m space so i turned one light off and moved all plants under the other where they will live happily in a Sea Of Green :chin: with many steaks later for support :bat: .

Now feeding alittle more 1.6ec/Ph6.0. 1 big watering and 4x smaller last feed atleast 4 hours before lights go off. I really need to add a few more minutes to the bigger feed only getting waste from the smaller white rhinos.

Bigbud plants are the paler and bigger plants in each corner.

G

guest5703

duuude, i looove the set-up! I love coco, and ive only got two strains as well. The place im at right now wont allow me to grow much other then veg, so when i move out hopefully i wish to have a set-up like yours. I like the scrog too, when do you put your nets over? Right when you start to flower? and do you put them right on top of the screens right away? also gotta say i love the drip system! PERFECT, what kind of lights do you use, thanks man take it easy

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
howdy caligreen,

glad you like the grow in recent months my growing has improved a great deal might have just been more ideal outside temps but generally seem to be ontop of most things now.. Unfortunatly i only have a small window of time when i can visit so things sometimes go wrong without me knowing for a few hours. Growing anything isnt hard once your room is working well most mistakes i make are from getting to experimental or plain slackness. If more strains where avaliable to me my veg cab would be full :yoinks: havnt had alot of luck with seed lately.

scrogging i like to set up the net before plants go in as its pretty hard to get in by myself without resting on or damaging some branches but is possiable. Net height about 25cm from soil to screen Then start train as plants grow into the screen. (veg time depends on how many pots per light) but normally for less than a week switch to 12/12 and continue to train until day 14 where i get the canopy as flat as possiable and spaced well before letting them do there own thing. As for the lights first one i ever bought was a 600wt and now have three with a few flouro tubes for clones and preveging.

quick update

After my recent flowering problems ive decided to grow up some new mums, i have a couple of clones the possiable suspect mums but sourced some rhino/ bigbud from someone else. Cant be 100% sure they are the same and have no idea which is which and if i have both strains so im going to need to keep 4 mums, 2 of each strain New and old clones Until flowered will be a good grow bigbud2001 vs bigbud2007 + white rhino 2001 vs wr2007.

Clones look to have had a hard day so i gave them a freshen up.
clones desperate for a watering 1.2ec with rhizotonic, a trim to remove damaged leaves, mite/ bug spray and there first foliar feed within. In a week ill have a pretty good idea which is which and if there like what ive been growing.

First up bb/wr clones from my old mums

New clones

after a trim.

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
a couple of outdoor clones growing in used coco, fed waste water from the indoor grow 2:1 waste/ fresh water. There the same age as the larger mum clones in last post but flowered instantly in perfect outdoor conditions this time of the year but rain is only weeks away.

Bigbud on the left and white rhino

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, those skunks look amazing. The bud looks like fingers reaching for the light. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching that big bud grow, so I hope you don't mind if I grab a seat.

B/R

thc43

Veteran
gday black ra1n,

Crazy looking skunks arnt they :chin: "calaxs growing outwards from bud" ive seen a simular trait in dreamweaver phenos not so long ago, not all phenos but all the black/purple plants.

All of the skunk phenos have varied levels of this trait but all have totally different smells or odor, leaf shapes and or node distances. They where fast to flower but these last two phenos are taking there sweet time finnishing :sasmokin:

:lurk: about 2.2ec of PK handwatered every second day this week.. starting the 1 week to 10day tap water flush tomorrow.

[/url

the sog grow is comming along well alll the plants look to be flowering at about the same rate :joint: the big buds are bigger faster growing plants growing upwards while the white the rhino is growing outwards not branching as much. Alittle LST on the bigbud later this week should even the canopy alittle.

No changes to the feedings
canna coco A/B 1.6ec PH 6.0
rhizotonic 2.5ml
canna zym 2.5ml
budlink increased to 1.5ml 2/3rds full dose.

Bigbud day 16

[url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/19673day16_bb.jpg]

white rhino day 16

VeG cHamBer :dueling: the two larger plants had clones taken today(left) and will probally find themselves joining the sog in the flowering room very soon..

peace lads

Bigbud pic problems here it is again

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man your big bud looks just like my possible big bud clone hahaha. How does the big bud clone? I just put one in the bubble cloner the other day. Those skunk phenos are awesome, great show man.

B/R

Latest posts

Latest posts