What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kenny Rogers dies age 81 RIP

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Old-school country music fan here, and I always loved Kenny Roger's songs because they were generally pretty easy to sing solo on my guitar, and generally lie within my vocal range.

Kenny Rogers was the quintessential story-telling song writer, so now I'll wander down memory lane via Youtube, in search of songs like "Coward of the County", "The Gambler", "Ruben James", "Evening Star" and a host of others too many to mention.

Sad to see ya saddle up this last time, Gambler. We'll see ya where the sky meets the desert, and the music goes on forever.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgot about Ruben James. Took my folks to see he and Dolly together in concert decades ago. Bravo!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
The Gambler is an all time classic regardless of genre.

I think it's a story that everyone can relate to, regardless of genre. That's why most people like the song even if they don't like country/western.

Compared to Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart" shit, which is a song that everyone hates, even if they only like country/western.

In a dream world at least..

Rest in peace Kenny Rogers, and thanks.

I'll get me coat.