What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUBCOOL Rest In Peace

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Years ago, I had the pleasure of talking to Sub and Miz Jill at one of the local cannabis events we had here. He was probably at the top of his game at that time, yet he didn't mind me picking his brain about growing and breeding for about 20 minutes or so. He even gave me some samples of his latest work to take home.

Sorry to hear he's passed, but at least he's not suffering anymore.

HB.

PerroVerde

I got to meet and Subcool and MzJill at the 23rd cannabis cup in Amsterdam. Attitude had brought them out from the west coast and he was super nice. Very friendly and excited to be there with smoking with everyone. I remember we were talking about Jilly bean and Kaboom then he opens a small container with some really delicious full melt bubble hash. Really really Top end quality, had me coughing for quite some while. R.I.P. Subcool thanks for turning me onto Organics early on.

St. Phatty

I'm grateful for the Apollo 11 he shared in 2014.

Still got some F3's ... buried ... somewhere.

That lung disease sounds like a major drag. He couldn't smoke but could he do edibles ?

rolandomota

Aww man I saw a post of his dogs he was thanking them for being alive and I swear I was just thinking about him how long he would live I also remember he said to save him some vortex seeds because he loved it

Damn man he spoke to me on Instagram he was so cool

Vaya con dios Mr Dave Bowman aka subcool the weed nerd
I'm a weed Nerd for life thanks man see you later

U

useless.gardens

ive grown a few of his strains. sitting on packs of JTR in the fridge & got a super nice, ultra resinous, candy lemon smelling bush of a pheno in veg right now ;-) sorry, he was dick-ish on the web. & often snobbish on the commentary. and even boorish on his own creations & contriburions. hated this guy for ages & then grew out a few cuts from someone who just posted (and oddly fucked me over on troll it up), and who i havent seen around in ages, and became sort of a fanboy of the subcool weed nerd style.

subby made himself a garden rock star. i love that fact he wrote tons of shit to read. & ive learned tons from his internet canna ramblings. always a fan of JTR . hundo percent, i will always keep a cut of it in the garden. rock a supercoco mix as a result of his musings. and even watched vids of him taking cuts and used his method for a while.

what more can you say > dude is garden immortal

& lemme say... that's baller !

Last edited:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Guess he got raided in Arizona and cops took all his posessions including purchases with fire insurance money.

I never got the chance to meet him. Bummed

CodyPomeray

7 days ago I re-met with an old friend who had some seeds of mine tucked away, nothing special but it was Phantom Cookies x Vortex. Looks like I know what I will be popping next. RIP brotha, you taught me alot when I started out, only chatted a few times but your knowledge pushed me farther. Vortex was always a strain my patients loved, wish I had it pure still. Cheers all, sad day.

C

Capra ibex

I had a phase around 2012-2013 where i collected a lot of his different creations, i have a few left, but i made a cross of Space Bomb x Jacks Cleaner 2 and i have 1 female of that cross about to flower.

The female Space Bomb was beautiful but the JC2 male is an unknown, just my choice from 2 or 3 males.

Maybe i'll share pictures of it in this thread when it's ready. :ying:

herbgreen

Veteran
RIP Subcool

One of the earliest and most prolific online cannabis people ever

Enthusiast of The Cannabis plant to the extreme

May you rest in peace brother