What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nov 17, 2019, 04:20am Thailand Will Allow Its Citizens to Grow Cannabis At

superx

Veteran
Thailand is ramping up medical marijuana legalization efforts that will soon allow all Thais to cultivate six cannabis plants in their homes and sell their home-grown harvest to the government, to turn into medical marijuana.

“We are in the process of changing laws to allow the medical use of marijuana freely,” said recently-appointed Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, in Bangkok on Wednesday. “We have high confidence that marijuana will be among the major agricultural products for Thai households. We are speeding up the law changes. But there is a process to it.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarabr...-home-to-sell-to-the-government/#1a48f1f1591e

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Confused if this is to grow approved strains to sell or if one were to take a bit of bud and smoke it they would be in trouble? Still a move in the right direction. Always about the money it seems.

Just read up on this and it seems they will allow only hemp to be grown. Smoking thc rich types of cannabis is still illegal. What happened to the Thai people anyways? They had the best stuff in the world at one time.

Some politician pandering to poor Thais dreaming of having a decent income. Their government is really crap.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Yesum, not only in Thailand but in other parts of the world is same bullshit.
This is about regulation, not legalization.
This is about hemp and controlling what people use.
Marihuana and hemp are both called "cannabis sativa" so it induces confusion
What is allowed are the 1% THC varieties, all the rest of the people who want to grow marihuana are criminals growing very dangerous drugs while they think wine is a superhealthy drink and is the blood of Jesus. Cocksuckers of the Lord
These laws are copied from other places. Every grower must be registered in order to grow legally. And they control your grow

I prefer though the Thai government approach allowing their citizens to provide them with plants and pay for it. Instead in other parts of the world, country selling governments who earn same salaries or less than Thais dont allow their citizens to sell to them and it has become a monopoly of canadian corpos having 100% of the cake. Trudeau cocksuckers

In other countries, the only one allowed to have the monopoly of "medicinal cannabis" is the son of the governor of the province. Real and authentical corrupt governments supported by Trump. These are all corrupt Trump cocksuckers selling the country by the pound.
This is a clear conflict of interests. These governments supported by IMF and Trump have made an LLC of their countries and all the citizens are forced customers

https://www.perfil.com/noticias/politica/gaston-morales-cultivara-cannabis-medicinal-jujuy.phtml

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Thailand is ramping up medical marijuana legalization efforts that will soon allow all Thais to cultivate six cannabis plants in their homes and sell their home-grown harvest to the government, to turn into medical marijuana.

This is about one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...

So the Thailand government will licence, regulate and oversee everyone who grows their 6 plants to sell to them..

Then the gov will go thru the costly process of making all these individual, thousands of purchases, and process and package it to be sold to medical patients..

For the government to make a profit or just break even, by the time it reaches the customer, the price of the cannabis is going to be about $2 thousand dollars per gram...

romanoweed

Now i shortly overfly the Thema, and didnt see if what they actually plan now (like yesum said), but the already allowed medical Marihuana seems to also only have 1 Percent Thc Maximum.. Not what i thought i heard . Why they didnt mention that. So we talk only about cbd-weed if i got this right in BOTH Cases..

So then no Thaistick i guess

romanoweed

Yes and since MAle Pollen can fly up to 5 Kilometers this is a big Danger for srecreational Thaistrains like legendary Thaistick, if every Family grows CBD-weed . This could turn out to be the opposite of what we want. I dont mean People sholdnt smoke cbd-weed if they think its nice . Thats super, but all that CBD-Weed-Pollen... That is not the same!

How they wanna reproduce recreational Cannabisstrains if they are all Outdoorgrowers?

Last edited:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
What happened to the Thai people anyways? They had the best stuff in the world at one time.

I remember a guy with a Thai wife saying the Thai - as an ethnicity not a nation - weren't really tokers. Maybe they used it as a spice back in the day, maybe used the seeds, but don't really have much history with it as a drug.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure how Trump gets blamed for other countries crap which started long before he was president.

^^ I do believe the Thais were not big tokers and that is part of the problem. The Thai stick came from tribes in the hills as I recall. Hmong or other groups living outside the city and norms of most in the country. The Vietnamese looked down on their mountain tribes, likely the same in Thailand.

You can not even be critical of the King/dictator over there. They can put you in jail over words. It was the hill tribes that were cool, not so much the lowlanders I guess.

They drink like fish, do meth etc. Damn that devil weed!!!!! You have the cash, they will look the other way if you get caught with pot.

Amynamous

Not sure how Trump gets blamed for other countries crap which started long before he was president.

HUH?? No one has even mentioned him in this thread, you have to bring up the POS?
Who is blaming him for what country’s crap?

O well. Living in Thailand I was at first hoping I could grow for myself on my condo balcony or up north in my wife's family's farmland. I'm glad I linger on this site because I have not heard anything about this in Bangkok. I hope there is more to this as I would love to be able to burn in Thailand and not worry about the police. The cops here are corrupt, the badge is a license to print money.

funkyhorse

Trudeau and Trump are just making business, I certainly dont blame them for that

I dont blame the countryselling governments supported by them either, it is part of business.
Trump and Trudeau support and pressure Governments of Third World Countries with huge unemployment and poverty to give monopoly advantages to canadian and american corpos. It is just business. I am not judging if this business is fair or not. There is certainly a conflict of interests from officials of these supported governments by USA

I just have described the reality in other parts of the world which are way more corrupt than Thailand.
The result of this american/canadian support has a direct consequence on the oppression of the people of these supported governments for growing a THC variety. This is a fact and to talk about this is will take long posts
If the words used to describe this reality is offensive to someone, my apologies

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We lived in Santi Thani on Koh Samui for about a year. Beautiful beautiful views from our house and we were doing business over the net in a spare room that we set up as an office as I had all my furniture shipped from Vietnam which is a story all to itself let me tell you, but the views were really something as the coconut palms were really tall and the views we had from our "office" room as well as bedroom which was on the same floor was just slightly above the TOPS of those coconut palms. The biggest problem was water, we had a "cistern" and somebody discovered that the main water tank on top of the hill apparently had dead monkey's floating around in it and that IS the water that supplies all the cisterns! If that wasn't lovely enough the thai workers on that development would cut our internet connection almost every night, the net would just cease to work at 5 oclock and then after paying 1,000 baht which was I think about $20 USD or so at the time, not just the money but suddenly when you want and need the net the most it gets cut. Apparently the German Mafia whatever the hell that is have major controls on santi thani and the British rental agent had his arm broken, by a tough guy or tough guys for something we never found out. When it was time to hit the road we used Thai Tigers or something like that who somehow pulled an 18 wheeler into the mountains, packed us up, she went to Vietnam and I went to the USA,,,,,to meet again soon afterwards....
What an adventure in thailand

St. Phatty

Sounds like "not a big deal"

but if all the countries started setting their own drug policies,

instead of imitating the US police state, as Singapore & the Philippines seem to ...

THAT'S PROGRESS.