What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is registering your intention to grow (legally) a smart thing?

F2F

Hi Folks,

I'm still on the fence here - to apply or not to apply. Medical is the only approved position in my state. Either as caregiver or medical user and I could qualify for both. I just wanna grow and smoke. I feel both of these activities are mentally therapeutic! Been growing all types of plants since childhood, nature is fascinating.

Can't help but feeling it could turn into a trap for us at some point - boom, you're on a list - name, address (where my beautiful family resides) and all. Added complexity as I'm an avid outdoorsman with firearms (registered) and the letter of the law is very clear, but is not being enforced (?).

Would love to hear different thoughts on this.

Cheers,
F2F

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hi Folks,

I'm still on the fence here - to apply or not to apply. Medical is the only approved position in my state. Either as caregiver or medical user and I could qualify for both. I just wanna grow and smoke. I feel both of these activities are mentally therapeutic! Been growing all types of plants since childhood, nature is fascinating.

Can't help but feeling it could turn into a trap for us at some point - boom, you're on a list - name, address (where my beautiful family resides) and all. Added complexity as I'm an avid outdoorsman with firearms (registered) and the letter of the law is very clear, but is not being enforced (?).

Would love to hear different thoughts on this.

Cheers,
F2F

i do not believe that the boat can be turned around long-term. i do not think that any presidential contender would actually put his parties future in the crosshairs of 70% plus public approval of cannabis liberalization. it would be a death-wish sort of gambit that will not end well. talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face! now, with that rant out of my system, i would be damn careful about the guns. any ambitious local prosecutor (aren't they all?) could decide to fuck you to get his name on the front page at an advantageous point in a campaign. i would "sell" my guns to a VERY close friend (for safekeeping) register my grow & see what happens. all roads have bumps in them. the more traffic that passes, however...

MedFaced

Get your paperwork brotha. If you get caught now, your hosed. If you get caught with it, you’re still hosed but have a legal argument in your corner.

Guns + felony drug trafficking= federally fucked/mandatory minimums.

F2F

Part of me feels like buying in (literally!!! WTH??!!) strengthens the cause to some extent. But as several pointed out there are complications to consider.

They could come to the house today and have nothing. I guess it's a gamble either way so I should grow :biggrin: a pair!

Cheers all,
F2F

M

moose eater

I chose 2 decades ago to avoid the list; I'm in a State that's had constitutional protection (via precedent) for personal use and cultivation since 1975, with medical coming in 1998, and taxed/regulated recreational arriving maybe 6 years ago(??), so the other side of it, being on a State list (that's been open to ANY LEO since 1999), and being a gun owner/collector, etc., as well as any possible security clearances (unlikely, but....), or employment with someone who does a serious background check, all seemed like a step that wasn't necessary.

That's my take on it, anyway, and acknowledging that my circumstances are somewhat different than yours.

Does your state contend that any medical grower/user is subject to searches of the premises or grow area on demand? That'd be another issue to clarify.

MedFaced

Moose eater has some good points. I should add that my experience is likely outdated as I haven’t kept up with the last 5-6 years of progress. My POV stems from the old CA med program. With all that said, I never had to register with the state until I got into the non profit thing. We just kept personal firearms far away from all that. Only hired armed security would've been allowed around the operation. I did eventually find myself in a court room, and that paperwork I had got a double felony case dismissed.

I guess another option is to define what you want to do, and if you're feeling ambitious, go speak to a lawyer and ask specific questions. They would be in a good position to clearly explain what you are allowed to get away with and what not. The NORML website also has a pretty good state to state directory that outlines each states medical program. It may help you decide if it’s worth your time.

Dankwolf

Get in whilr the getting is good . possiblely being grand fatherd in . I shun med when oregon first started it and regret it to this day .

X

xavier7995

I opted not to register or grab a med card. I am just not comfortable giving my information out in that sense. Given the weird legal limbo of weed being federally illegal but locally legal, it seems like an unnecessary way to flag yourself.

Goodherb

To do or not too,that is the ?

To do or not too,that is the ?

Living in different jurisdiction (country, island to be precise) an everything, but facing similar conundrums.
I decided about one month ago to registered for an medicinal traditional cultivators licence.

May you make the proper choice's ,with the Guidance's of the master of medicine, YAH.
Cannabis, the healing of Nation's!

Latest posts

Latest posts