What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

M

moose eater

Thanks to everyone who kicked in for Gry.

I told him yesterday that I would give him some greater breathing room, as he has another person or 2 on-board to help him in communication, etc. He texted a numberof times earlier this A.M., with mostly partial texts. He was awake very early with pain. After not eating much for a couple weeks (+/-) his intestines are trying to get back on-line. The soups aer helping with that in a gentle way, I think.

He has a more serious need as of this morning, one which reflects some good progress.

An old friend of his and his wife's helped him get some of his place cleaned up yesterday, the letters and packages have been an uplifting thing for him, and he's got a lot what he needed.

The friend where he is has agreed to help feed his cats, if Gry goes in for an assessment.

I only know Van Nuys from a time 4-5 years ago when I went there for fly-by-night MRIs, for cost reasons. Gry needs the name, or names, of an old-school Marcus Welby-type Doc, who takes Medicaid, who understands the traditional (Pre-HIPPA BS) meaning of 'confidentiality,' who works with seniors, cancer patients, and kidney/liver disorders.

Yes, I know I'm asking someone to pull a bunny out of a hat, and my wife is searching with high-speed internet in town at the moment for a well-reviewed Doc who fits most or all of these points..

Gry, when able, typically uses the bus service. He's in a fair bit of pain, and has been since about 4:00 A.M., when he woke up with chills. His friend is visiting again today at about 3:00 P.M.

If someone knows of such a Doc, with at least a portion of the specific criteria met, please PM me. Gry's (mostly) willing to try and get to a clinic or hospital now, with his cats taken care of, etc.

Anybody know of an old-school Doc in Van Nuys area who walks on water?? Sooner is better.

Thanks.

(*I told Gry yesterday I'll be backing away from the forums/ICMag now, but available for him when he needs.. Reasons not related to this particular thread. Gry has my contact phone numbers, and others can reach me through Gry).

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, sent capsules, cat food, cordyceps, info on the variety of capsules sent and suggested dosage. I know the low thc/CBD helps me, or just plain CBD. For him, I increased the thc ratio as in tandem, thc/CBD decrease tumors/inflammation.

Thanks for updates, m.e. Hoping he can get some help. Sent info on a resource earlier (IV's), volunteer sector but not sure how they operate.

M

moose eater

Thanks AB.

Even if someone just KNOWS someone in that area, who can come up with some options to contact to get medical help on the way, that's a good starting place.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
6 degrees of separation

6 degrees of separation

Thanks to everyone who kicked in for Gry....

I only know Van Nuys from a time 4-5 years ago when I went there for fly-by-night MRIs, for cost reasons. Gry needs the name, or names, of an old-school Marcus Welby-type Doc, who takes Medicaid, who understands the traditional (Pre-HIPPA BS) meaning of 'confidentiality,' who works with seniors, cancer patients, and kidney/liver disorders.....

Yes, I know I'm asking someone to pull a bunny out of a hat, and my wife is searching with high-speed internet in town at the moment for a well-reviewed Doc who fits most or all of these points.....

If someone knows of such a Doc, with at least a portion of the specific criteria met, please PM me.

Thanks for alla your efforts to help Gry moose eater, you done good!:tiphat:

.... let's see how long it takes to pull this bunny out, we'll put it too the test and see for ourselves if the theory holds true.:ying:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks AB.

Even if someone just KNOWS someone in that area, who can come up with some options to contact to get medical help on the way, that's a good starting place.

Will do some research....hard since I'm not in that area. Hopefully putting suggestion out in the universe, it'll come.....and quickly.

M

moose eater

Finding solid reviews, as well as the other criteria specified, is a key thing.

Good reviews should come from independent, patient-sourced sites, acknowledging that we humans are far more prone to rendering complaints than to praise... So there's some reading between the lines, too.

"Shit's in the wind..."

I'm gonna' roll up a doobie of some of my GTH#1 from the freezer, get on with mixing an amended soilless mix that resulted from a more recent lab result, and check back regularly to see if that elusive bunny's been found.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Yes, sent capsules, cat food, cordyceps, info on the variety of capsules sent and suggested dosage. I know the low thc/CBD helps me, or just plain CBD. For him, I increased the thc ratio as in tandem, thc/CBD decrease tumors/inflammation.

Thanks for updates, m.e. Hoping he can get some help. Sent info on a resource earlier (IV's), volunteer sector but not sure how they operate.

you've helped me an otherz here- thanks, arid. gry....get better.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Thanks. Glad I could help you after your bout.
Continue to send good vibes/prayers for Gry.

superx

Veteran
Sending some vibes From the Emerald Isle Gry...

Keep the chin up, lets rough it out together.

Thoughtful of you moose, the planet could do with a few more of you....

M

moose eater

There's a list of 7-9 resources being vetted by a third party with high-speed connectivity at the moment.

Distance, complexity of any bus or other routes to get from A to B, etc., all figure into do-ability here, along with the other 'bunnies' to pull from the hat, re. quality of care/reviews, payment source/type, etc.

But the list is in the works. Now for some more internet shoe leather... and... maybe that bunny.

M

moose eater

Turns out that California has a number of flavors of 'Medicaid,' and some of the delineation is indicated by the color of the card, which denotes what flavor the Medicaid is.

Cynical? (Tirade narrowly averted...)

Of the offerings that were found, some have apparent/reported karma that glows in the dark. Gary is calling the second one of those sources right now to see if they'll accept his insurance.

The first option pursued, which would've likely been a primo place, doesn't take his variety of insurance.
----------------------------------
California's lines, definitions, delineations, and separations is a whole new phenomenon. (Grrrr).
----------------------------------
Anyway, Gary will hopefully be calling the second source shortly; hopefully in time to get someone who can answer the immediate questions.

---------------------------------
Update mid-post:

Unfortunately option #2 is closed until 8 A.M. on Monday, so if any labs or work-ups are to be done at this hour, on a Friday, or over the week-end, it'd most likely be the ER.. Not ideal, but if necessity pushes the issue, then there it is..

Gry's doing the final leg-work, and says he's open to seeking labs and assessment toward some degree of stabilization, if it can be achieved..
---------------------------
(Mini-rant: Bureaucracy's collision with health care, etc., at times, seems like there's a crime being committed, that will never be prosecuted for what it is).
---------------------------
Thanks Vash.

I can't run video on my machine, but I'll convey to Gry, shortly, that there's a link there re. some healthy grub.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Insurance, the biggest con since Genghis. Civilized species give everybody healthcare. But then civilized species we are not. Thank you for keeping us in the loop moose and I hope Gry is feeling if not better, the same and not worse.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always been of the opinion that "thoughts and prayers" was about as helpful as a fart in the wind.

But I was thinking about you this morning gry. I hope you're doing better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow will be even better.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always been of the opinion that "thoughts and prayers" was about as helpful as a fart in the wind.

But I was thinking about you this morning gry. I hope you're doing better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow will be even better.

You'd be amazed what the universe holds...thoughts and prayers....easy to do, costs absolutely nothing, but the energy you spend uttering healing energy.

M

moose eater

Gry phoned this morning, and was more clear, not in acute (or any?) pain, but frightened, and sad. Running low on his extract, but more is on the way. (And my USPS Postmaster told me last week that Uncle Schmuck has changed the regs on mailing CBD oil, just as a side-note.. I assumed that was an OK for those who are licensed to do so, but I haven't read the regs yet)

Gry, being who he is, felt guilty or moved (?) about the energy put into vetting potential resources yesterday, so he got on the phone early this A.M., and spoke directly with his insurance provider. The woman was reportedly very kind, and told him they wanted him there within the hour.

(*There was a moment there of slapping myself in the forehead for having worked this thing backward, if for no other reason than seeking the best possible place, when the shorter answer would've come from what Gry did this A.M., which was to call the folks with the wallet and list, and ask, "What WILL you pay for?" Sometimes a sense of urgency, bridled by 'best intentions,' can fuck things up...)

The prospect of Gry getting to where ever the insurance provider is within an hour, from the little time I've had in LA/Van Nuys, had me skeptical, but he's prepping himself; getting dressed, household issues, cats, what ever..

The old friend of he and his wife's has been by over the last 2 days, and put in several hours the first day, helping Gry to get his place in order. She's to be by today, will bring him what ever he needs from the store, check on his cats, etc.

My wife pointed out that in a world where fewer folks have social support networks, we become more reliant on a system that can't always provide more immediate needs on a regular or timely basis, if at all.

Thus far there's been more support up front and center, from virtual strangers in the cannabis community, and an old friend from the grocery store, than from the System, but Gry's now reaching into the System to see what he can find.

I asked him what they wanted him to do, and he said, "They told me to come on down and be one with the System." His humor is still present, but I think he's taking a serious inventory of how things have been going for him, and his summation was that he doesn't think he has much time.

(*In the end, none of us do.)

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for continual updates. To get this far, with so many reaching out, it shows the kindness and concern of a virtual community. Well done, moose.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
... His humor is still present, but I think he's taking a serious inventory of how things have been going for him, and his summation was that he doesn't think he has much time.

(*In the end, none of us do.)

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

Who knows how much time Gry has left, the important thing is his spirits are up and the quality of that time has been enhanced.:tiphat: