What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mail busted

EsterEssence

Veteran
Did you mail it USPS? Is it going out of state? If you answered yes to these questions GET A LAWYER to look into it. As Chimera said have a friend go see if there are cameras inside, in the parking lot, traffic cams, they can have you mailing it, getting into your car, your plate number. They have all kinds of cop stuff these days, you should not just hope for the best. Interstate mailing is one of the things they take seriously. I am not trying to make you paranoid, but they have already called you, a knock on you door could be next...

Cvh

Supermod
I still think it's best that you contact a lawyer. They know best what to do and what not to do for your situation. The matter is just too seriously for just asking people on the Internet for advice.Just tell the lawyer honestly what the problem is and don't forget too mention the details like the used shipping address and name. If the lawyer says just too wait it out then do it. Just don't ignore this matter and be hoping everything will just go away.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ignore and dont talk they cant arrest you for not talking.
Sure they can...obstruction of justice.

Better to get real legal advice. Avoiding the call causes suspicion and just acerbates it.
Contact your state's NORML office to guide you.

http://norml.org/states

Last edited:

EastCoast710

first things first.. why even ship it to yourself? I know people that hop on planes with a few zips of buds and LBS of oil every single month.. trafficking the shit.. and he gets on with 0 issues.. been doing it for 3 years he hasn't even been fucked with 1 time..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first things first.. why even ship it to yourself? I know people that hop on planes with a few zips of buds and LBS of oil every single month.. trafficking the shit.. and he gets on with 0 issues.. been doing it for 3 years he hasn't even been fucked with 1 time..

He's been fortunate. Not all (depending where you fly) are like that.

Used to pack and carry small amount. Not anymore.

Did ship to myself a few times (not lately). Always sent C/O (care of) fictitious name and to a different address than my own.

Common sense prevails.
And driving with it...nothing in glove box/console showing paraphernalia. It's in box in trunk. Always drive speed limit and make sure all lights (blinker/brake/tail/head lights) are operational. It only takes one stupid move to have patrol folks pull you over.

Green Squall

Long story short,

Mailed about 14grams to myself in another state for upcoming vacation.

Next day I get a voice mail from Local Drug Task force asking to return call about a Package.

Legal purposes? Should I ignore them until they are in my face at my door or whatever? Should I just deny deny deny and hope they loose interest in the small amount? :thank you:
Did you smell proof it? I don't get how they could have intercepted it if it was mailed domestically. And it the Holiday season to boot...One of the busiest times a year for USPS. Sorry to say but it sounds like you were careless.

EastCoast710

ya its just that ive been hearing more and more shit about people flying with shit on there checked baggage between shirts in vac sealed bags.. labeled almond extract or something along those lines with a warning do not get in eyes .. and boom.. gets by everytime.. lol.

whoreable

Did you smell proof it? I don't get how they could have intercepted it if it was mailed domestically. And it the Holiday season to boot...One of the busiest times a year for USPS. Sorry to say but it sounds like you were careless.

Pressure Vac bag, no chance of odor leaking. Must have been my laundry or behavior.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Vac bags are not a vapor barrier the smell is there you just can't smell it, you need glass, wax, or pure cellophane.

igrowone

Veteran
phone call is not the usual, a controlled delivery is needed to get it into your possession
and is there is no legal basis for you to have to return the phone call
time to shell out for some legal advice, and he/she is going to tell you not to talk to the police without your lawyer

In order to properly ship weed you need multiple vacuum bags.

For each bag you want to wear gloves and change to a new pair of gloves each time. Also wash each bag with soap & water to remove any resin that may have contaminated it, do this after vacuum sealing.

The reason for changing gloves and washing the bags as well as using 3 layers of vacuum bags is because resin is sticky and the smell will stick to everything.

Seems as if you did no research on how to properly mail weed to yourself. I hope that you get lucky and nothing becomes of this. Good luck!

Edit: by no means is this post a complete detail on how to ship weed

Last edited:

EsterEssence

Veteran
Please don't tell people they can use vac bags and just do a little washing, The vac machine is contaminated, you need to use a vapor barrier, multiple vac machines, A different room for the final, the boxes, tape, bubble wrap needs to be in a place where there is no and has not been any cannabis. You have to shower, change your clothes, don't touch your keys, phone or anything else until you are done with the final. Sending cannabis is something you need to take seriously if you cherish your freedom. This is not all you should do, I didn't want to say anything about mailing because it is illegal, but I had to say something because washing bags is not enough...

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Call Norml, call a lawyer, keep your nose clean. They may survail you for a little while, so a small blip down the road could have them refocus if they want.

If they ask you questions about it you can always just tell them you don't wish to talk to them without a lawyer present, you are not obligated to return their call, if they needed to contact you they would show up at your house.

Last edited:

whoreable

Call Norml, call a lawyer, keep your nose clean. They may survail you for a little while, so a small blip down the road could have them refocus if they want.

If they ask your questions about it you can always just tell them you don't wish to talk to them with a lawyer present, you are not obligated to return their call, if they needed to contact you they would show up at your house.

Pretty much what my Buddy who is the Head of the MMJ board in town told me, thanks guys :thank you:

LostTribe

Premium user
Pressure Vac bag, no chance of odor leaking. Must have been my laundry or behavior.

If you fucking mailed it from yourself to yourself i.e. you used your name on both to and from address you are a fucking total dumbass son of a bitch man! For fuck sake!

I would contact a local norml lawyer but I would not contact the task force. If they weren't able to pull prints off the package then they won't be able to do jack shit without video of you actually mailing it unless you didnt pay cash? If they dont have any of that and they didnt bust you in possession of the package they cannot do jack shit. Call Norml.

Honestly though if they had enough on you they would just show up at your door step. Dont fucking do any more stupid fucking shit dude thats dumb.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a harmless lesson for you. You mailed a little stash to yourself. They are looking for pounds of pot mailed to buyers, not a little stash forwarded. They warn you and you stop mailing. Nothing comes of it.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What state was it mailed to???? I could not imagine many states giving a rats ass, except some redneck states. When I was between 18 and 22, police gave me back small amounts of weed about a dozen times, in early 1980's.

Another question is did you use 2 day flat rate box? That would leave less time for anyone snooping.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ignore and dont talk they cant arrest you for not talking.
Sure they can...obstruction of justice.

Better to get real legal advice. Avoiding the call causes suspicion and just acerbates it.
Contact your state's NORML office to guide you.

http://norml.org/states

I'm pretty sure your forgetting about the 5th Amendment...
The Right to not incriminate yourself...
You know...
"I plead the Fifth"...

Best bet is to make the cops do their jobs. You are not required to answer any questions which may incriminate yourself. Even in court!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The timeline is suspect, imo.

How the hell would the task force know who to call the very next day?

Did you mail from a PO? (The one you use?)
(They all have cameras)

Get an attorney.
Chances are, if they did intercept your package, that they DID NOT have a warrant to do so.

It is against the law for police to seize packages from the USPS mail lines without a warrant. Even if the packages are not delayed.
There was a recent bust of some cops in Oregon that were doing just that.