What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everyone please read

shaggyballs

Veteran
4 plants only 100 cm or 3.2 feet tall max..... man! You must have to go straight to flower from seed all I can say is WTF!

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
"Recommendations" is key here. Not done deal, not even the governments reply.

We'll see eventually, no point in getting knotted up. The fact that this is going to happen should be exciting enough. The final details are still going to be better than the situation most have now.

rangergord

Lots of work to be done yet on actual legislation. It is actually quite clear the government is listening. I and many other Canadians in the movement have had opportunity to tell the the committee what we thought about all of the legalization issues online from coast to coast. Anyone could take part and it was recently reported that the overwhelming majority of online submissions to the committee questions were from male marijuana users, many of them linked to activism on the issue. I also was involved as a coordinator canvasser in the Sensible BC Marijuana Decriminalize initiative that went on to inform federal Liberal party policy on legalization. I see things progressing a bit slowly but over all most activists are encouraged. Black market participants have lots of complaints.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I am trying to remember my submission, I asked for 15 kilos per year per adult living in the house, no plant count restriction of how to get to 15 kilos but instead a light limit if growing indoors for electrical safety concerns. My reasoning to them is some people would like to make high quality hashish and 15 kilos would give 1.5 kilos of good resin roughly per year per adult which may be turned into edibles as well or shared with friends and neighbours.

If they restricted how much light you can use indoors I think the plant count issue and height are a moot point, if needing inspection by police all they have to do is look at how many lamps you have and see ok you're good have a nice day, they could even just ask to see electrical consumption from you and see that it is not too high as proof enough. Someone could reasonably think that 2000 watts of light is enough to supply most recreational users for quite some time, 2 kilos every 3 months I would think that most people would be fine.

For outdoors 15 kilos would be very possible for most people to pull off in one harvest, if you look like you're going over you just cut some branches and pass to your neighbour and you're under.

I hope the legislation tabled and passed will keep home growing and then the problem will be to push back on restrictions of plant numbers, Kirk will be busy I think.

shaggyballs

Veteran
The whole idea of passing a admittedly flawed law and allowing it to be put into effect and then just hoping to change things to correct the problems is just not the best way to go about things.

Is it really a false hope to get this thing right the first time?

Peace
Shag

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The whole idea of passing a admittedly flawed law and allowing it to be put into effect and then just hoping to change things to correct the problems is just not the best way to go about things.

Is it really a false hope to get this thing right the first time?

Peace
Shag

yes, yes it is. perfection takes time & work. all laws are compromises, which means nobody gets everything they want. simple reality...

St. Phatty

Allow personal cultivation of up to four plants per residence, with a height limit of 100 cm.

= no growing outdoors.

yeah, that's REAL green /sarc

stonedfly

Ya no kidding EH? Lol... wtf

Well I guess it's not all bad news ... I mean if they allow home growing on any level then it's open season for genetics and seed companies ... how they regulate the R&D side of the industry is beyond me ( like in Oregon )

But I would love to see a free market regarding genetics like clone co ops ?

Does this mean when we go REC coast to coast we will have larger cannabis events that attract elite breeders with booths slanging seeds like I see every week in the States ?

Many questions ... all I know is I will be bending the law now instead of flat out breaking it ... no way in hell im only doing 4 plants when I like variety and all my moms I have right now lol

Anything is better than what exists now, 100cm no probs 2m wide just requires skills. I'm in favour of removing probable cause when they smell it on the street etc. It will evolve but seems to be the most comprehensive paper for pre-legalizing anywhere on the globe so far. Bearing in mind that selfie-boy (our PM) doesn't have to do any of this, but hey, a pretty good starting point. It deals with what is happening right now, not some denial based legislation like most of you enjoy? in the States. Pulling up a chair for this....LOL