What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Future of Legal Cannabis vs. The New Federal Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
imo, when the dea will be forced to take cannabis of schedule 1, it won't necessarily be placed on 2. As clinical trials prove it should not be on the schedule at all. In worst case it may end up in schedule 4 or 5.

On 4 will be incorrectly lumped together with super abused shit like xanax and valium. And on 5 with mega abused cough syrup containing codeine.

But from a distribution and access perspective, 4 or 5 even though incorrect for cannabis, still better than 2...we will see how it plays out shortly.

igrowone

Veteran
my guess is descheduled but not completely legal
it's thrown into it's own category, possibly administered by ATF

Scrappy-doo

Absolutely nothing is going to happen federally for at least 4 years. Even if all of you are right and Trump or his AG is the big bad cannabis boogeyman you're hyping him up to be, he ain't gonna risk his second term by going against what the people have clearly said they want. It would be political suicide.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I continue to think that we have absolutely no idea what Trump will actually do as president. Nothing he says adds up. He is the wild card of all wild cards. I suspect that he will allow the right wing republicans he appoints to run the government while he continues to shoot off his mouth and pose for photo ops. So Sessions is a grave danger.
Bet you're right!

packerfan79

Veteran
I am blown away by how many people who would rather have a president who is a corrupt politician (all of them are) over a successful business man. Fuck the establishment, potheads used to be open minded now they just follow the most bought and paid for candidates. Feds will screw it up now matter which party it is.by the way I am a staunch libertarian. If I am not directly hurting you, stay the funk out of my life.

Surely you jest if when you said a successful business man. Where is the success?

I am blown away by how many people actually buy in to the charades that get played every 4 years. My life experience has shown me this, doesnt matter what party is in power. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class continues to disappear at an alarming rate. The new boss will be the same as the old boss up on the Hill.

I was born in a state with the motto of "Live Free or Die" I agree 100% with a couple other posters here Screw begging and hoping that the Man will ALLOW you what should be a basic human right. Overgrow the damn planet and dont bow or beg to be treated fairly. Rules and regulations will destroy this industry. I hope every day that we can all just get back to basics and only those of us with ballz big enough to risk being caged will supply the rest of the scared ones with the meds they need. We spent decades risking personal freedom, extreme paranoia, liberty and we were the ones that did all the footwork only to have the big school yard bully come and take it all away with even a frikkn thank you.

Do you all think for 1 minute this will end any different than alcohol prohibition ended for the moonshiners? I think not. What we have now with all the rules and regs are modern day "Revenuers" that want to make sure that only a select few will profit from what we are supposed to perceive as giving a shit for the little guy. All legalization will do is make a select few rich beyond compare. And I see eventually as it becomes a commercialized big Biz there will come a time when even home growing will land your azz in prison. If homegrowing is allowed why would anyone want to buy mersh produced meds and the big boyz will see this as a direct threat to their bottom lines and balance sheets. And we all know who the enforcers roll with now dont we.

Gry

Honestly, how would anyone know that, as he has never agreed to release his taxes. There are those who follow that kind of financing that claim he is in debit up his eyeballs. The guy behind Cerberus being one.
They say the weight of the office changes those in it . Personally I would wish anyone who occupies that office the wisdom of Salomon.

seeded

If you want to know exactly what legality is going to look like look no further than the United Nations convention on narcotics because it proves that the war on drugs was solely about removing the competition as the war cannot end without enacting their business model...

Article 28.
Control of cannabis
1. If a Party permits the cultivation of the cannabis plant for the production of cannabis or cannabis resin, it shall apply thereto the system of controls as provided in article 23 respecting the control of the opium poppy.

Article 23.
National opium agencies
1. A Party that permits the cultivation of the opium poppy for the production of opium shall establish, if it has not already done so, and maintain, one or more government agencies (hereafter in this article referred to as the Agency) to carry out the functions required under this article.

2. Each such Party shall apply the following provisions to the cultivation
of the opium poppy for the production of opium and to opium:
(a)
The Agency shall designate the areas in which, and the plots of land on which, cultivation of the opium poppy for the purpose of producing opium shall be permitted.
(b)
Only cultivators licensed by the Agency shall be authorized to engage in such cultivation.
(c)
Each licence shall specify the extent of the land on which the cultivation is permitted.
(d)
All cultivators of the opium poppy shall be required to deliver their total crops of opium to the Agency. The Agency shall purchase and take physical possession of such crops as soon as possible, but not later than four months after the end of the harvest.
(e)
The Agency shall, in respect of opium, have the exclusive right of importing, exporting, wholesale trading and maintaining stocks other than those held by manufacturers of opium alkaloids, medicinal opium or opium preparations. Parties need not extend this exclusive right to medicinal opium and opium preparations.

The governmental functions referred to in paragraph 2 shall be discharged by a single government agency if the constitution of the Party concerned permits it.

Article 29.
Manufacture
The Parties shall require that the manufacture of drugs be under licence except where such manufacture is carried out by a State enterprise or State enterprises.
The Parties shall:
(a)
Control all persons and enterprises carrying on or engaged in the manufacture of drugs;
(b)
Control under licence the establishments and premises in which such manufacture may take place; and
(c)
Require that licensed manufacturers of drugs obtain periodical permits specifying the kinds and amounts of drugs which they shall be entitled to manufacture. A periodical permit, however, need not be required for preparations.
The Parties shall prevent the accumulation, in the possession of drug manufacturers, of quantities of drugs and poppy straw in excess of those required for the normal conduct of business, having regard to the prevailing market conditions.

The part that shits me the most is that they get to lose the war and then dictate the conditions of their surrender to include a complete monopoly on the market. It's closely followed by the fact that they've used plant numbers to increase our punishments when their guys will be licensed based on production quotas and the space needed to achieve those goals. It's like they've always known plant numbers are irrelevant except to guys moving up in the game that may one day interfere with their bottom line so they've crushed us every chance they've had and are now going to take it all.

Honestly it would be better to stay illegal for everyone because while we lose either way when it's illegal they do too.

packerfan79

Veteran
I love how we encourage our children to keep trying when they don't succeed, but a business man has 5% failure rate in business and people act like he's a bum on the street, who has never had any success in life. What ever it takes for you to sleep at night.

PrivateCultivat

Sub'd. The question this thread raises is entirely dependent upon what direction Trump wants to take the issue. Sessions is a dangerous pick, but basing an opinion on him alone is folly. The biggest danger I see is if we continue to see cannabis associated with immigration. If so, it will become a tool to use against people of color and lower socioeconomic means one again and we'll see a return to the 80's.

If Trump chooses to focus upon the economic potential of the industry, or he wants to win popular favor in states that voted against him, I think we'll see him put a leash on the DoJ in the name of state's rights.

It's going to be a heck of a ride either way as the situation develops.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
If homegrowing is allowed why would anyone want to buy mersh produced meds and the big boyz will see this as a direct threat to their bottom lines and balance sheets.

I don't think home growing will be a threat to the big boys, because look at beer. Anybody could brew their own beer in the basement for cheaper than they could buy it, but how many do? A very small percentage.

Most people gonna buy a case of Budweiser because it's easier. They don't even care that Budweiser tastes like shit. Cheap and easy, that's what America wants.

mowood3479

Veteran
He's worth almost 4 billion dollars in my book that's successful.

It's Not that great if u started with 200 million in 1980.
F all those silver spoon fed rich kids.
Success to me is coming from nothing and then making something. I don't give a shit about the rich guy who got marginally richer...
Maybe I'm wrong and bitter.
Definitely bitter

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
brewing beer is not as fun as growing cannabis indoors, nor does it have as many benefits(hash,canna oil,juicing the leaves for nutrition, etc...)

That's just your opinion. Some people have fun with bee-keeping, we're not all the same.

packerfan79

Veteran
Mowood, a divided America is what the politicians and the lame media want. I want people who are not owned by special interest, Hillary Clinton is the right hand of the special interest. The media is the left hand. Look at what the media and the establishment politicians are not telling you. That's where the scary shit lies. Look at wiki leaks, look at the crap going on in North Dakota. Look at the federal land grabs in the west. The federal government owns 70 % of the rural land in the western United States. Look at Obama giving Iran 1.6 billion dollars. The list goes on and on. I hope that you do some research about the shit that they are doing. True legalization will never come as long as we are part of the United Nations. The politicians and there silent handlers are no longer representing the interest of the people. America is the last holdout. If this country falls to the globalist you will be more worried about starvation than medical, recreational, or any other type of Marijuana use. I agree we should be able to grow as much weed as we please, and sell, or donate as much weed as we please. Without the fear of arrest. People who grow weed should be celebrated, not imprisoned.Unfortunately I really doubt that this will ever happen. Look at California's lame legalization, more people will be imprisoned because of so called legal weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts