What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

States rights for legal cannabis.

EsterEssence

Veteran
So now that the election is over and states have legal and medical cannabis. Will the new administration allow states rights or will they enforce federal law. They say they are the law and order, evangelical, far right party. I have heard christy say he wants to send the national guard to legal states to enforce federal law. So far the only cannabis friendly person I have heard mention of is sara palin. I wonder what some of the investors in the legal states think...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So now that the election is over and states have legal and medical cannabis. Will the new administration allow states rights or will they enforce federal law. They say they are the law and order, evangelical, far right party. I have heard christy say he wants to send the national guard to legal states to enforce federal law. So far the only cannabis friendly person I have heard mention of is sara palin. I wonder what some of the investors in the legal states think...

well, "so far" that fat bastard has got not shit to do with it. "IF" Trump picks him as AG, he MIGHT actually do something stupid, "IF" Trump lets him. i'm not sure that the National Guard can even legally be used in that context, i don't think so. all they can do is suppress riots etc. they are NOT LEO... but you are asking some good questions.:)

Gry

Always felt it was the people's right. As in the right to self determination or happiness.
Guess that was the result of watching the old WWII type stuff .
Back in the day when fascism was an enemy.

igrowone

Veteran
this is a big and timely question
we don't know what Trump has in mind yet
and i think we can agree, Trump could be a surprise
i think he might do something big, and big enforcement would be shooting himself in the foot
i'm mildly optimistic something good could be near
then again, maybe not
still, it's got me excited in my fool's dream

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
So far, the names I saw that were on the list for AG are Christy and Giuliani.............neither believe the states can legalize weed and vow to enforce federal laws.
The list of potential cabinet are all Rs and white men (for the most part)., Governors Scott (FL), Brownback (KS), Perry (TX) etc and long time Senators, Oil and Fracking execs and a Wall Street big shot for treasury.............
Yep, "Draining the Swamp" my arse!
I wonder what the over/under is for Buyers Regret to set in. I'm betting on no later than mid-summer.

Chappi

Jeff Sessions is a war on drugs tool, he received an award for fighting the war on drugs. He said he thought the KKK was good people until he found out the smoke pot. He said "good people don't smoke marijuana". This is the guy thought to be our next AG. It all depends on Trump, he is for state regulation of marijuana laws or at least that's what he said which means absolutely nothing. Expect the worst and maybe, just maybe hope for the best.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pray for the best but prepare for the worse.

Business men turned politicians are nothing more than politicians in the long run. Their decisions have nothing to do with the public interest unless the public support their agendas.

Be prepared for things to get out of control.
That's all I know...