What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ok, enough of this auma and mmrsa shit...let's find a way around it

oneofus

I have had about enough of the mmrsa and auma crap. They're trying to destroy the lives of the patients and put all of us in cages and take everything we've all worked so hard for all our lives.

It's time to take a different approach.

I want to drive a stake through the heart of auma and at the same time have the mmrsa declared an illegal amendment to Prop. 215 in the same way that People v. Kelly did to sb420.

If, almighty god forbid, auma does pass...and if the mmrsa is either left unchallenged in the courts or is found by the courts to not be unconstitutional for whatever reason then we have got to do something.

The lives and health of the patients that depend on us to provide them the medication they need to deal with life on their own terms in their own way or to just simply to stay alive is at stake here to say nothing of our entire way of life.

What is happening here is beyond unconscionable.

It is criminal.

Can you think of ideas for an "end-run" around these POS pieces of legislation?

First thing that comes to my mind is some type of an underground railroad network of a grower-to-patient union or co-op or collective.

What ideas do you have to make this work?

What other ideas do you have as an alternative to this idea?

Guys, we have got to figure something out both for the sake of the patients that depend on us as well as for ourselves.

We can't just sit here and take this in the shorts.

Don't post why it can't be done.

We must figure out a way it CAN be done.

Too much is riding on this to just let it happen and have it either go unchallenged or fail to come up with with some kind of work-around.

What are your ideas to make useless the efforts of the legislature and the big money interests to try and take away everything that we - both patients and growers - have struggled and suffered and some of us have died for to build for the last 20 years?

We have GOT to find a way and we must do it together.

Gentlemen, I put it to you thusly - "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
- Ben Franklin

Put forth your best ideas because we need them now.

oneofus

Get growers to unite and pool financial resources. Take that money, start a better intiative and hire lawyers to fight mmrsa. Cannabis growers collectively make much more money then Sean Parker or any source fighting cannabis.

Find lawyer who would be will to take case of mmrsa and also build team to write a new initiative. Collect as many growers and dispensaries together for a large meeting with lawyer to hammer out options. Then spread word of mouth, though internet, through however, show steps taking to local growers. They can then donate funds through various legal means and sign on to mmrsa suit anonymously.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ONLY vote that matters is the vote you make with your dollars.
Boycott any & all businesses that support legislation you dont agree with. Hit 'em in the pocketbook!!!

Lawyers are easy... They love money & the growers pooling a legal fund is an awesome idea.
Growers could also pool some money for the purpose of educating the general public. Flyers could be developed & handed out to potential voters explaining the pros & cons of passing such legislation. CO & WA would make excellent examples of what has & has not worked so far.

Last but definitely not least...
Politics is as much a psychological game as it is a political one.
GET INTO PEOPLES MINDS IN A GOOD WAY!
Get the older crowd to speak to their peers rather than the younger crowd just making entitled demands.

The last is probably most important, imo, & is applicable to any State making decisions for their Constituents.

oneofus

@tess,

lmfao @ keeping zeke out....good one man...

ok,pooling money to buy a lawyer...how do we reach out to growers...?

oneofus

in other words...what are the actual words we say to growers that will cause them to open their wallets and give their money to an attorney like Omar Figeroa to take this case and win it?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't forget the black market infrastructure...they couldn't root it out of Cali if they tried...oh wait...they did...6 decades of trying and I haven't met anyone in years who couldn't score a sack in five minutes

oneofus

@subrob,

that's what I'm trying to suggest except a huge black market that everyone has access to..patients and growers alike....how do you create that ?

gimme some ideas peeps

It doesn't exist, it's a system held up by toothpicks and scotch tape. A black market works well we you know people. California's current system is not black market. It is a grey market. A true black market involves dealing with criminals to buy a bag. People who would rather sell you heroin then cannabis. I know that may sound exaggerated but go to any truly illegal state and that's how it is.

Black markets offer no protection from theft, no consumer protection from pesticides and molds, complete lack of real competition. You can't undercut other sellers as they are all hidden. In the black market, quality is completely up in the air and most smoke terrible cannabis.

Black market risk/reward will alway mean an endless prossession of growers and sellers, but the consumer is the one who sees limited access, quality, and common decency.

Black markets work great when you know someone, then that person gets busted and your back at square one.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Last but definitely not least...
Politics is as much a psychological game as it is a political one.
GET INTO PEOPLES MINDS IN A GOOD WAY!
Get the older crowd to speak to their peers rather than the younger crowd just making entitled demands.

The last is probably most important, imo, & is applicable to any State making decisions for their Constituents.

damn sure not least! good points, MJP. if you have been paying attention, the "older crowd" IS the fastest growing segment of cannabis users. lots of them smoked when younger & KNOW the truth about weed, and are now old/secure enough to not worry about losing a job etc for speaking out. partaking of the herb helps EXACTLY the kinds of pain/ailments bedeviling us as we age- arthritis pain, peripheral neuropathy (nerve pain from diabetes damage) etc. when seniors learn about this, they WILL write their congressman, and they DO vote, both in how they spend their $$$ and in the voting booth.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Black markets... complete lack of real competition. You can't undercut other sellers as they are all hidden. In the black market, quality is completely up in the air and most smoke terrible cannabis.

Black market risk/reward will alway mean an endless prossession of growers and sellers, but the consumer is the one who sees limited access, quality, and common decency.

Black markets work great when you know someone, then that person gets busted and your back at square one.

From a consumers point of view that purchases from both black & legal markets, your observations are mostly false.
Especially the part about quality.
I haven't bought brick in over 10 years but I went to a legal outlet yesterday & picked up what was being called Girl Scout Cookies, only to find that it's the worst weed that I've smoked since I started growing over 20 years ago... Including the brick that was still going around back in the day.

I do agree most disp I have been to terrible cannabis but the idea is you can turn em down and go find real dank at one of the hundreds of other disp. In a black market, you are limited the the handful of people you know.

As I said, the grey market in California does not equate to the black market in true illegal states.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Auma is not a conspiracy trying to fuck over medical marijuana. If California voters approve AUMA, the pressure for federal marijuana law reform could finally become irresistible to politicians in Washington; if not, it will no doubt be interpreted as a major setback for marijuana reform at the national level. This bill will not effect medical growers.

This is taken straight from the bill. "The initiative does not alter the protections of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 (Prop 215) allowing medical use of marijuana (11362.45(i)). Physician recommendations must conform to minimal standards already established under MMRSA and current medical marijuana legislation (11362.712)."

There are many California court precedents protecting you. Only your doctor can put a limit on your plant count. This has 3 California 3rd circuit court of appeals precedents.

oneofus

It's not a question of gray markets anymore. If either mmrsa stands and/or auma passes, there will BE no more gray market and everyone who even tries to help patients will be criminalized into the black market whether we like it or not.

There will be only a very few that will be legal and everyone else will be pushed into the new black market. That's what I am meaning by the black market. Not the "street" but the black market in terms of the legal status.

How is anyone going to be able to help any patients like this?

And then there is the supply. Has anyone thought of how the market will supply patients when almost no one is going to be allowed to grow and sell to dispensaries anymore? Where is all that weed going to come from? There just won't be enough producers to satisfy the patient demand. What happens to patients then? Prices will go up making access even more difficult for patients, if they can even get it at all.

That's why I am proposing trying to find a way around these new laws.

Now, rather than bicker and fight about legalities, let's stay on topic and find a way to get meds to patients in a black market environment that is different from any other type of black market definition that's ever been before.

I have an idea....how about setting up a Tor hidden service website that's semi-styled like a combination of ********* and the dark net markets? This would be just for in-person private meet-ups - i.e. no need for bitcoin and shipping - and would work on reputation feedback from patients and would require people to have their weed tested and posted on their offers.

Do you think that would work?