What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmtek 70 x96 Auto Dep

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I've been spending the last month sourcing the soil/amendments, returning equipment that was purchased unnecessarily, and designing a cage to hang the lights from. There will now be 6ft of dead space on the side with the exhaust fans, but the 12 ft from the wet wall will remain. Main concern being the moisture coming off that wall onto the plants. Not trying to have any PM or mold.

I'll be dropping 9 of the Quest 215's in to control any humidity issues we might see. I think I might only need 6, but I'd rather be sure. If we end up not needing all 9, we'll be moving the other 3 to future structures.

Looking into water filtration systems for river water. Going to need sediment filters, and UV Filters to remove the E.Coli from the water. So far leaning towards working with HydroLogic.

They purchased a Link 4 iGrow 1400 before I arrived, but I don't like it at all. I spoke to them on the phone, and it felt like talking to IBM. Their system might work, but it's so antiquated. The Link 4 requires a computer running 24/7 and then I'd have to remote access it. Remote desktop access is dinosaur technology. If you're building these things, and charging thousands for it, I want a mobile app. Does anyone have any experience with Agrowtek, or any of the other greenhouse controller companies? I'll be talking to Smart Bee, Agrowtek, and any other companies I can find. I want to know the moisture levels in the soil, VPD, DLI, easy to read charts, ability to open/close curtain, and more. I'd like the ability to monitor and tweak as much as possible from a tablet or phone, and to be able to monitor the system 24/7 from any internet connected device.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Wet wall ain't gonna work in Oregon most of the year. Unless you like growing in a swamp.

I'm guessing it will only be on during the summer time. This was my first summer in Oregon, and there was definitely a stretch where it was quite hot. Not as hot as I saw it in California, but definitely hot enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts