What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why I'm Urging People to Vote FOR the AUMA in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterhaff

Veteran
C'mon packer..is this just about California? I love the visits but it's not my kind of place.

It's so envormentally sound.

Galaxy420

If the rest of the country wants what the outlaws in California have brought out of the shadows. Follow suit, California only got medical because people defied an unjust law. Norcal put California cannabis on the map. Growers have been at this fight for 40 years. You would have us stuck with a shit legalization law so your state will follow suit. If you want your state to follow suit, fight the unjust law. Californians did it why won't you. If you believe in it do something. Don't ask Californians to fuck our selves so you can someday get a fucked legalization to.

Yes indeed- unfortunately people from other States are not going to care about any of those details. its' either legal in a State or not..........

Betterhaff

Veteran
I don't really like most things about California, but yes this is about California.
You’re right, this is about California, and this thread is about AUMA. I was merely commenting that the overall impact is much greater. I’ll never forget that Wednesday morning in November when I woke up and heard the news from Colorado (2012). I thought I was still asleep and dreaming, never thought I’d see the day in my lifetime. Granted, that law may not be the best either but the sky has not fallen.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
There is ZERO reason to vote for AUMA; unless an individual has been brainwashed; or uninformed from the start.

Cannabis will be LESS legal under AUMA; than it is RIGHT NOW.

LIES, recreational Cannabis is 100% illegal.

Folks; that is not legal... in any way; shape; or form!

Besides; Why support a lying piece of shit 1%er capitalist sociopath bitch like Sean Parker.
You all know he is not even a Californian?
He doesn't give 2 fucks about Cannabis ; or your rights. LOL!
Why would I support a criminal piece of shit that supports a terrorist like Hillary Clinton; and has personally donated MULTI MILLIONS to the corrupt Clinton Foundation? Seriously? Are people for real?
The Clinton family? Legendary drug war supporters?

And yet you want me to vote for a "legalization" bill; created by a clearly corrupt 1%er; who supports the biggest criminal swine in our nation.
( Who spent much of her career incarcerating innocents for drugs; including Cannabis)

No. I would sooner stick my dick in a blender :D

Fuck AUMA.

i got banned and told never to post that on rollitup haha. mods are nasty corrupt shills.

Maybe the same will happen here?
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
"Yea, this place is full of sellers. They would be happy if no legal pot ever. Why change a good
thing? "

Hilarious. You honestly believe we are against legal pot? Those who grow; smoke; love & respect Cannabis? Those who have opposed the government for both many years; and few? You trust the blatantly corrupt lying government; over your fellow stoner peers? You accuse us of being consumed by greed; as you back a bill created by a multi billionaire 1%er?

I think you need to re evaluate this whole ordeal :)

I never though Cannabis advocates would be so insulted & degraded; by their very peers they seek to protect! How trippy!

Bravo NWO; you guys are top notch propaganda chiefs!

Takes one to know one.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
" Thanks for outline of AUMA’s subversive assault on the rights of patients and the integrity of Proposition 215. For 60 years the Federal Government posited and pursued their unilateral assertion they it is/was the sole proprietary owner of all things cannabis. In the face of the big lie perpetrated through the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act passed in the service of the emerging pharmaceutical industry, tens of thousands of seriously ill Americans were denied access to marijuana’s profound medical benefits and allowed to suffer and die unnecessarily by a government that knew better.

As a result of their intransigence, in 1996, the people of California decisively rejected the U.S. Government’s self-declared sole ownership and life-threatening restrictions on the medical use of cannabis, affirming the proprietary rights of patients and their designated caregivers to obtain, possess, cultivate, and process cannabis (from seed to smoke) for their own self-care and personal medical use.

Proposition 215’s total of 274 words were simple and direct in challenging the now 80 year old lie on which which the massive marijuana prohibition industry killed thousands of our fellow citizens through its criminal indifference,. deliberate marginalization of millions of otherwise law abiding citizens through judicial and economic sanctions and mass incarceration, building the largest for profit prison system in the world through its morally corrupt War of Drugs.

Those who claim to support the interests of medical marijuana patients and responsible adult users, yet who stand in alliance with the agents of deceit and death who have profited for the last eight decades from the abject denial of cannabis/hemp/marijuana as a valuable and life-sustaining natural resource betray not only their own integrity but also endanger the joint responsibility we all share for the good stewardship and preservation of a botanical miracle that has serve humanity well for over 10,000,without the genetically modified witchery of Monsanto / Dow / Bayer and their dot.com billionaire proteges.

You can’t legalize marijuana by re-branding the war on drugs, undermining hard won protections for the most critically ill, enhancing criminal and civil penalties in defiance of current decrim standards, and surrendering to the same corporate forces who brought us prohibition in the first place and who now seek to dispossess the people of California of their constitutionally protected proprietary rights of patients affirmed by the voters.

The AUMA is the wrong answer, to the wrong question, by the wrong people, for the wrong reasons. "

author : Scott T, Imler
Co-author, Proposition 215
Founder, Los Angeles Cannabis Resource Center (So Cal’s first patient-based cooperative cultivation project)

Scott reportedly also snitched off Todd McCormick and Peter McWillams, great example you use.
http://www.productionclips.com/peterrip.htm

Peter who was a member of the IHA, said the following:
"As my federal arrest for medical marijuana conspiracy charges -- and my subsequent current life-threatening situation (inability to keep down my nausea-producing anti-AIDS medications without medical marijuana) ---- is based entirely on information and Grand Jury testimony provided by "snitches" (primarily Scott Imler and two of his employees at the Los Angeles Cannabis Buyer's Club), I will be watching this program Tuesday night with great interest.

Reverend Imler claims he HAD to snitch on me because the federal prosecutors offered him immunity. In fact, discovery documents show that Mr. Imler talked freely (very freely) about me ---- a patient-member of his club ---to DEA and federal prosecutors long before any immunity deal was reached.

If you wonder why Rev. Imler is allowed to operate by far the largest
Cannabis Club in the state of California --- completely untouched by either criminal or civil federal action --- it is solely because of his
"cooperation" in getting me arrested, including his Grand Jury Testimony.

The irony is that Rev. Imler now manufacturers and sells more marijuana each year under federal protection than the entire alleged "kingpin" enterprise of mine and my co-defendants (including Todd McCormick) are accused of in the federal indictment against us.

Take care,

Peter McWilliams
RIP

-SamS

Last edited:
http://www.canorml.org/news/A_SUMMARY_OF_THE_MEDICAL_MARIJUANA_REGULATION_AND_SAFETY_ACT

Don't forget about the new laws which will start affecting 215 BIG TIME (2017). Mandatory testing, licensing for producers, crackdowns on doctors who over-prescribe.

If recreational continues to not pass, they will continue to step all over 215 until they get their way.

Shoot if its gonna be highly regulated and taxed I might as well buy it in a coffee shop where I can hang out and smoke.

@Silverhazer that's the issue I have not seen addressed. Everyone says AUMA is worse then the illusion of legality brought by 215's affirmative defense. With the new regulations on the medical side, will it really be that great with out AUMA. If doctors start losing licenses like here in Colorado, youll see alot less doctors recommending and alot less patients to hold up this medical marijuana fallacy.

People who wanna believe the 215 pseudo-legal party will last forever are ignorant IMO. Or they live way up north in Cali where stuff hasn't changed much in years. Ask anyone from central cali to Sonoma county though, and they'll tell you that politicians from local to Sac-town piss on prop 215 like it aint $h%÷ whenever they feel like the 'medical' comunity owes them a kickback. I say 'medical' because everyone knows REAL medical patients are about 1 in 1,000 in Cali.

They're gonna start cracking down on doctors who over-perscribe though, to boost revenues and siezures by pushing more people back down to the black market. So, no more renewals for $40.00. No more recomendations at festivals ect..

The party's over and everyone with half a brain knows it. Medical clubs suck anyways.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ugh....when did we start referring to billionaires as 1%'s?....that's just disrespectful to outlaw bikers...

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
If the rest of the country wants what the outlaws in California have brought out of the shadows. Follow suit, California only got medical because people defied an unjust law. Norcal put California cannabis on the map. Growers have been at this fight for 40 years. You would have us stuck with a shit legalization law so your state will follow suit. If you want your state to follow suit, fight the unjust law. Californians did it why won't you. If you believe in it do something. Don't ask Californians to fuck our selves so you can someday get a fucked legalization to.

So well said. :tiphat:

vote No on AUMA!!!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran

Well that is according to you. I see it different, I and many recreational users fought for and supported medical Cannabis and when 215 passed we expected to see the medical growers and users support recreational Cannabis legalization, but 20 years later and no recreation Cannabis growing or use is legal, zero.
When 215 was being campaigned for Jack Herer refused to support the bill, after it passed he agreed he was wrong and he should of supported it.
Prop 64 is far from perfect, but it is better then how it is for recreational Cannabis in Calif today. Do we really want recreational Cannabis to be illegal for another 80 years like it has been? The time has come for a change, not wasting time saying what we really need is a perfect bill, that will may or maybe will never come? Funny how packerfan79 refuses to see that Calif legalization would have a huge positive effect in the rest of the USA and world, and while all the time growers under 215 are shipping Cannabis out of Calif by the ton, to these same other states. I maybe see why they do not want to change Calif or the USA laws, it might hurt their bottom line $.
I want Cannabis legal for all uses, by all adults, everywhere.
I do not care who makes the profits from safe legal Cannabis, I just want to grow my 6 plants for personal use.
VOTE YES on AUMA Prop 64
-SamS

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ They are pissing in the wind Sam. This is gonna pass with ease.

Can someone please explain how the new Medical Marijuana regulations are much different then AUMA. Cities can ban personal medical grows. To me it seems that'll everything people say is wrong with AUMA will already be implemented under the these new regulations already passed into law.

@Packerfan @ Arthritissucks, many states do not have voter initiatives that allow us to vote on legalization. Fighting for AUMA is us fighting for legalization in our states. The domino
effect is alive and well in our country. Many compare marijuana legalization to LGBTQ rights. Following that model, the more states that allow it, the more likely to effect the whole country.

In my home state Virginia, a legalization bill was tabled due to the head of the Fraternal Order of Police stating that they use marijuana to stop other crimes so it should stay illegal to make their jobs easy and allow them to racially discriminate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.