What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why I'm Urging People to Vote FOR the AUMA in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippn

you damn straight they do! and get and SERVE multi year sentences in state prisons, with lives ruined, jobs/homes lost, families split up, and damn little hope for the future. maybe some of the folks in California that are so scared of "legalization" should move to the southeast of this country & find out what reality looks like...you fuckers don't have a clue how good you would have it compared to most of the rest of the nation!

I believe he was referring to only CA; not entire US

"WOULD" have it?

We already have it GREAT !

AUMA is trying to ROB us of our hard fought greatness !

trippn

Yea, this place is full of sellers. They would be happy if no legal pot ever. Why change a good thing?:)

For the rest of us this will be a great blessing. One good thing to come out of California. Very little I like here after the democrats got control.

The sellers had decades of illegal and now quasi legal status to make money. This works for the vast majority of users and home growers. It is about certain to pass.

"Yea, this place is full of sellers. They would be happy if no legal pot ever. Why change a good
thing? "

Hilarious. You honestly believe we are against legal pot? Those who grow; smoke; love & respect Cannabis? Those who have opposed the government for both many years; and few? You trust the blatantly corrupt lying government; over your fellow stoner peers? You accuse us of being consumed by greed; as you back a bill created by a multi billionaire 1%er?

I think you need to re evaluate this whole ordeal :)

I never though Cannabis advocates would be so insulted & degraded; by their very peers they seek to protect! How trippy!

Bravo NWO; you guys are top notch propaganda chiefs!

Betterhaff

Veteran
When California actually legalizes; it will be due to a large enough informed; highly liberal majority.... unless OTHER states work hard enough to achieve the same like minded populace; California legalizing Cannabis; will help other states zero.
I would argue this, as more and more states pass some sort of legalization it puts pressure on the feds. It also lends itself to opening up the dialog regarding prohibition in the first place. Sure it’s up to the individual state to do it for themselves right now but as more and more do, it will make the task easier. Cali is more liberal than per se Texas or Florida but with its population base how many people will be able to experience cannabis without fear of prosecution and have easier availability. I also hear this argument come up a lot in Cali…it’s basically legal, just go and get a med card. I don’t think that’s a valid argument.

I would truly love to see it descheduled and prohibition lifted period and one of my top reasons regarding cannabis use...you shouldn’t have to piss in a cup to get or keep a job.

cryptop

LOL people in other states think CA citizens are afraid to talk about cannabis?

The majority of our people over 60 think cannabis is already fully legal

cryptop

Do people even get arrest for growing weed anymore?

From what I've seen the majority of people who actually get jail time get locked up because of environmental violations of their grow lol. Usually people just get fines for the growing itself.

For anybody that had any sort of optimism in regards to another, better bill being written, you are in dream land.. Who will do it? There is big money pushing this through. If it doesn't pass, bigger money will try to push the next one on us, and they will want even more. Of course the vast majority of people on this site are growers, with quite a bias against the system. Most people don't grow, and the grow restrictions matter very little to them. A few plants in the backyard, or a quick trip into town to grab a few buds from the market is absolute freedom for them.

I know a lot of growers, because I've been in the industry since I was 16 years old, but I'm still not too blind to see that most people don't grow commercially, have no desire to, and likely never will. If the majority doesn't grow, what is the argument about? Why would anyone not want to support the innocent majority? Fuck all of them so we can still make a buck...? Our freedoms, and our industry are not being stolen from us. We didn't create the industry, the powers that be did, and now they will change things again, regardless of what we think. I started when cultivating cannabis was illegal, because I knew it wasn't wrong, and I wanted to make sure people had access to the medicine they needed, and the peace of mind we all deserve. After sb420 passed, people started jumping on the easy money train, knowing the risk was extremely limited; and people like me, the ones who really made shit happen, when shit was illegal, and we were risking our ass, are all but forgotten about. All of you pussy ass medical growers still have every opportunity to seize the day, and work the black market. It will always be available to you. For now, think about the 99% of the people that consume cannabis, and what their version of freedom is. I bet most could give two shits about us growers, and just want to fire up a doob in peace. Why should they care about our freedoms, when clearly, based on the comments from sites like this, growers don't seem to care much about theirs?

Look at the alcohol industry before and after prohibition. Get used to shitty product all around, except for the tiny display case of overpriced dom peringon or Chrystal and few fancy whiskies. We will be like moonshiners, so if you don't like that, better get another job. There was plenty of illegal weed in CA before sb420, because of real freedom fighters, so all the medical crybabies that have been at it for such a small amount of time, claiming it's them that helped push things forward, and worried about what will be stolen from them, while assuming no risk, well, it's time for a reality check. Either you better have bigger balls, or a bigger brain, or more drive, because if you think being average will get you somewhere in life you are mistaken.

Enjoy the next year and a half, before medical production becomes illegal for most people in CA. I hope nobody forgot about that.. You're little worry free medical loopholes will be closed, and you'll be growing illegally anyways, with the exception of a few of course. For all the pussies out there, good luck on the job hunt. Everyone else, if you weren't growing before medical, do some research on how to maintain a low profile, and stay safe, as you're going to be an illegal drug producer and manufacturer, which incidentally comes with quite a bit of risk. The opportunity will always be there for us, however the risk involved will change. I hope the bill passes. I don't vote, because to me it's a farce. I think the rulers have made their discision already, and now we'll watch it play out. If you do vote, remember you're voting for society, not just for yourself.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you damn straight they do! and get and SERVE multi year sentences in state prisons, with lives ruined, jobs/homes lost, families split up, and damn little hope for the future. maybe some of the folks in California that are so scared of "legalization" should move to the southeast of this country & find out what reality looks like...you fuckers don't have a clue how good you would have it compared to most of the rest of the nation!

Damn bro! You sound like your mad at us for getting a voter driven initiative passed back in the day!
Believe me...we understand the war on cannabis...I've never looked up the stats but I bet Cali is right there in number of arrests for pot the last 2-4 decades...we don't look at it as ancient history..

oneofus

@yesum and all others who believe in auma and anything like it like MMRSA.

^^ Yea, I bought all kinds of pot long ago. Most from foreign sources, my seeds now are mostly foreign and I paid for all of it, I owe you or anyone else nothing.

You actually bought pot you say? From where? From who? Those hateful "sellers" whom you so scornfully hate and derisively now spit upon? Whether in this country or foreign, they were then and are still now EVIL "sellers" that you eagerly buy from and yet have the balls to criticize and use the excuse that because they are "foreign" that that somehow waves a magic wand over those seeds and that weed and makes it "OK" to buy it from those EVIL "sellers"? WTF is that??

You bought from foreign sources you say? And you still do?? Do you have ANY idea of what you just said? Those people in those foreign countries are risking a hell of a lot more than we are here. In places like Thailand the penalty is death.

You ask them to produce a product for you that carries the death penalty and you feel you owe those people nothing at all? Not even for making it possible for you to know what weed is in the first place and what it does for you both spiritually as well as medically?

And you yourself continue - like the very ones you accuse of being the evil "sellers" - to "hide" behind your medical rec. to avoid prosecution?

Man, if that is not the very definition of hypocrisy, I've never seen it. Maybe you should go join the drug warriors. At least they're more honest about why they're against weed....damn......

I also grew before it was legal or semi legal.

So did a lot of us. You're in the same club. What happened to your sense of being in the Brotherhood of Ganga, man? What happened inside your head to make you think like you do now? I really want to know how that worked inside your head because that makes ZERO sense at ALL.

I did not write this fucking prop 64,

^^^are we starting to get to you...? lol

if I did it would be more favorable to small timers and less to corporations.

Why give ANYthing to corps? What did they do for you that the "sellers" that you hate so much have not? And that includes your foreign seed and weed buys as well.

I am working with what is out there and it is mostly shit from dems in cali.

Dude, it's not about the Dems. It's about fuktards like Sean Parker and the guy that owns weedmaps which is chock-full of shill reviews steering peeps to the dispos in his favor. C'mon, man. Open your eyes to what is really going on here. The politicians are serving their rich masters. That goes for both Dems and Repubs. You have to know that. You have to. How can you not?

Repubs would not even think about legalizing so I guess dems are good for something? One thing.

Yeah, the Dems are good for one thing. The same as the Repubs. Sucking the dicks of their ultra-rich 1%er masters. I bet they even hold their dicks for them while they suck it deep...FUK!!

If you wait on a bill like you want, well that could be 10 or 30 years off, if ever. This is within reach. I have been waiting 40 years on this. It is long overdue and like it or not, it is NOT gonna pass.

There...I fixed that last lil bit in red for you.........

Not sure if its against guidelines, but you shouldn't be editing someone else's quotes, if thats how you feel, you'd be better off just saying it.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
This bill Stinks ... and will be voting NO ... It wont be the end of the world for me if this passes I just think it's 64 pages of Regulatory Mess ... with not many benefits ...

I would argue this, as more and more states pass some sort of legalization it puts pressure on the feds.

The Feds give ZERO FUCKS about states rights/momentum.

They just announced last week that cannabis will remain a SCHEDULE 1 NARCOTIC.... right next to some of the most toxic chemicals known to man.

It's all bullshit. DEA will never give up that sweet sweet asset forfeiture money. 49 states will have legal cannabis and the POTUS will still be moaning about 'needs more research.."

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

You need to take a timeout. :laughing: No hate for anyone here, just disagreement. The scorn and spit I hurled at you all happened in your head no where else. I paid the Mexicans back in the 70's for every 'lid' and no death penalty for growing there.

I paid Charlie and Dubi and the rest of the foreign guys for their seeds, well some did not pop and I asked for replacements, but just once.

They are safe now and no early deaths so far.:tiphat:

Paid for my California buds later and no hate there for any. My opinion is that you wait on a bill like small timers want and I will be dead or in diapers before it passes, if it even would pass.

California is one of the worst bureaucracies in the US. All the government here is a load of shit. Only Chicago or New York exceeds it imo. I think you guys want too much for what reality bears us, and have a much longer timeline you will wait for than the homegrowers or non sellers.

Betterhaff

Veteran
The Feds give ZERO FUCKS about states rights/momentum.

They just announced last week that cannabis will remain a SCHEDULE 1 NARCOTIC.... right next to some of the most toxic chemicals known to man.

It's all bullshit. DEA will never give up that sweet sweet asset forfeiture money. 49 states will have legal cannabis and the POTUS will still be moaning about 'needs more research.."
Always wondered ...what do or did they grow at Ole Miss? G13? So now it is a new logistical offer? By whom?

I will always believe in the science before the politics

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another high priority of politicians is to get people on the same side divided...taking anger out on other growers ...smokers...consumers...that's playing right into their hands...don't be one of their chumps!

DJM

lol at this guy from colorado of all places...well if you want to be like colorado and have over 400 grows raids in a year since legalization, hundreds of arrests, hundreds of thousands in fines, have your medical laws and constitutional rights trumped by local ordinances and regulations, to where anything over 12 plants is a potential charge and court fees, even if you are a medically licensed caregiver with terminally ill patients..then toss in the fact that they can condemn properties just because plants were being grown in them, and labeled in the same way as if it were a meth lab needing tens of thousands to inspections before its even legally able to be rented or sold again..then put the cherry on top with the millions in funds from taxes being given to local law and drug enforcement to further police growers from being able to grow anything beyond 3 plants in flower in a closet..have your power, water and utilities flagged for high usage ect ect ect......meanwhile those in positions of power make millions hand over fist, by hijacking an industry built on the blood , sweat and tears of those being policed and regulated out of existence

if that sounds like fun, vote for auma, because thats exactly how it went down in colorado and is exactly how it will unfold in california

DJM

^ all those are based on actual facts ive seen first hand while growing there

im from miami originally and there have been more raids on grows in colorado in the last 3 years than ive ever seen, even in florida which was once the indoor growing capital in the country. people think because you can flower out 3 plants and buy some shitty as weed in a shop that they are free?

colorado = you are only allowed to have freedom the way they say you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts