What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The U.S. Will Legalize Medical Marijuana This Summer, Says DEA Lawyer

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It may seem to some that the people still trying to come to terms with all the change that's soon to come are coming off like spoiled brats to people living in states that consider them public enemy #1. I'm sure some are just spoiled brats. Speaking for my self and the few I spoke to that happen share my belief, we had our sites set much higher than being granted the permission to grow a hectare of plants or to carry a metric ton in my backpack.lol

Here's the problem, and I'm not alone in feeling this way, so if this is wrong, please correct because there's a few of us that can use some good news! lol

The DEA will never agree that cannabis is medicinal. Not with the way the whole thing is presently setup. I believe every substance or compound seeking approval as a medicine needs to broken down, if it isn't already, into all the individual substances that it's composed of, and only after each is proven to be "whatever" can clinical trials BEGIN! The clinical trials are meant to prove it's gonna do what it does for a certain percentage of people in the trial and not KILL them n shit! I'm sure there's more to it than that but I believe that's basically what's up. I hope I'm wrong so feel free to correct me if I am.

Cannabis doesn't work like that but we all know it works! That's the problem! There's no denieing it works, and no denieing it doesn't work like that. The FDA and the DEA...is there a difference?.

I felt California was "our" (the people of earth) ace in the hole. Because of prop.215! Not because patients finally had access, not because it basically made it so everyone who wanted to smoke could, with relative immunity. It was because they(the government) couldn't even get their beak wet! They could just sit there and watch. BTW California was the eight largest economy(or so it was being called) before 64 passed and was already being called the worlds largest economy the day after. That money didn't just suddenly appear. It was there already. For the most part anyway. They just couldn't get a piece of it! And they only count money they get a piece of, right. I believe our best chance at getting them to change the requirements or make exceptions, which would require them to turn their back on the FDA, was offered up for those six plants and the ability to buy weed without a recommendation from a "doctor" wearing flip flops who went by "Dude" or "Dr. Dude" if you wanted it to feel official.

If everyone was on the same page, and willing to wait to see where the momentum took us before showing our cards, we might have had a fighting chance. If we could have just dangled that carrot in front of their face a little longer??? Who knows? The pot(pun intended) was just starting to look good. For everybody that lives under the DEA. Not just in America, but people worldwide living a repressed life because of pressure from our government. We called them and they hadn't yet gone all in! They weren't suppose to survive that hand! But they did. And now I'm afraid all we have is our voice, and we know how much they give a shit about that! It was the MONEY.

Change was gonna come to more states. If they couldn't get any from Cali, they would have got it from somebody. After they were tired of collecting bits from this state and that state, when there were no more states to gather bits from, that's when we should have gone all in! That's when we should have called their BLUFF! That's when they show their hand and prove it was always about the money!

Like I said hopefully I'm wrong! It won't be the first time. Maybe the pro 64 people knew better! I hope so. Time will tell. Its a done deal and something we are all gonna have to work with or around. For better or worse. And there is still a shit ton of things that need to get done. If it's gonna get done It's gonna take all of us to do it!

This whole post is because I'd like others to know that there might just be more issues than plant count that some are having trouble accepting, but one is that THAT plant count is what was accepted in trade for the crown jewel. That alone might take a minute to really accept for some. We just set out sights too high!

This really is THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK! If we all work together to figure this shit out, maybe we can someday defeat the Empire and party with the Ewoks like the end of JEDI!

The similarities are spooky! Makes me really wonder if SAM the SKUNKMAN is my father?!?

Not talking shit Sam, remember.... OB1 was wrong! There IS good in him! I sensed it!

thats right.....I'm SKYWALKER motherfuckers!!!:biggrin:

You never know.... Sam could be Chicano! Que no Samuel! lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the dea may not agree that cannabis is in fact medicinal and safe to use, but scientic facts prove the dea's beliefs wrong.

there are clinical trials that have already produced great results and data here in Israel and there are many others going on as we type in this thread; data collected from patients that use all forms of ingestion, from baked goods, tinctures, classic smoking to vapor.

So far, the data collected has shown that the worst side effects are cotton mouth and munchies lol...

you think scientists and medical doctors give a fuck what the dea thinks when scientific proof already exists?

it is not a matter of 'if' at this point, but of when will the unreasonable and unjustifiable scheduling of cannabis under the controlled substance act in the U.S will be no more.

this is our new 'the earth is flat' challenge: anyone who believes cannabis is not highly medicinal and very safe are the modern version of the idiots from the past that believed the earth was flat, they will be considered the same by history.

now that auma passed and access will be greater for people, the facts on cannabis won't be able to be hidden in anti-science obscurantism and restricted access.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I hope so brother.

You say it's inevitable? I'll agree so that I don't have to go on thinking it was all for nothing and so thoughts of suicide don't enter my mind. lol

But I wonder at what pace?

Now that they have California and can still enforce their bullshit as much as they like elsewhere, both here and around the world, doesn't give me the confidence I'd like. I don't have your faith. I'm not as sure as you seem to be that they ARE indeed human and capable of doing the right thing.

I don't think they stand to make the same kind of money nearly anywhere else, not like they will from California. I'm afraid they stand to do better, financially speaking, keeping many other places ON HEAT! If ya catch my drift.

They want it all from all over. If not they'll take as much as they can get.

The very fact that 64 passed, ensuring them the biggest payday in the history of the universe and it wasn't immediately de-scheduled or won't be, as far as we know, any time soon, to me says they don't give a fuck about-how they look, logic, common sense, scientific studies........ any of it!

As far as scientists and doctors not caring about what the DEA thinks because of evidence? There's been enough "circumstantial"(if that's the word) evidence for quite some time. If it wasn't for them caring they wouldn't be waisting time trying to disprove the dangers of cannabis and go straight to tackling the more important issues regarding cannabis's use as a treatment for the many illnesses for which it sure to be.

Its nice to hear that the results of all those tests and the data gained from them, does correlate with my findings. Dry mouth and munchies. I think it was the summer between 6th and 7th grade when I came to those very same conclusions! Haha just trying to keep it lighthearted friend.:)

I've kept up with much the work being done in Israel. The documentary about that little old man, that my girlfriend found soooo cute was great and showed that they're actually way past debunking the dangers. But it also shows the leash the US government keeps on them. I found it telling how one man can change so much. Not the one scientist but the one senator! Because one senator wanted to know if his son had suffered brain damage from smoking weed, money was made available! Crazy!

The time to argue our views, both for and against is past. We can speculate till the cows come home. No longer any need to convince anyone that 64 is the smart move. The move has been made. Hopefully those that don't agree with it and believe we've in fact shot ourselves in the foot have the heart to fight on, possess the intestinal fortitude to not give up and believe enough to still give a shit.

Perhaps I was looking at your post wrong. Maybe instead of looking for approval, your post looked to reassure, inspire belief and provide a reason for those with doubts to fight on? something to still give a shit about! HOPE!

If that's the case, disregard much of my post and KEEP IT UP!:tiphat:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You know it is very tedious having accusations get thrown at evey post I write, questioning what my "real agenda" is...

Also, it is silly to think the idiots at the dea are not human, what are they? reptilian illuminati? LOL

the reality is scarier than that, they are just simple minded fools with no qualifications to do the job they pretend to be doing, and fact is they got their jobs through the all american tradition of nepotism. That's scarier than thinking they are "evil non human" they are just fucking ignorant.

That goes for most people though, across the board and without exceptions...

Look at you, thinking you had at grade 6th the scientific knowledge that giants like Professor Raphael Mechoulam have given the world, but which you have chosen to call "little old man"...

I know you mean well, resin, but arguing that scientific proof will be resisted by a bunch of bureocrats is silly. Again, this silly prohibition of cannabis will fall. You can't keep the research done in the dark any longer.

The 'who is who' of the scientific world know the facts, and the primitive minded ones are being left behind. Science does not forgive those who deny facts, specially facts about such a beneficial plant like cannabis.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
A couple of things.....

Living in California all my life along with being in the business, since Junior High believe it or not! But just to keep it fair, let say since I got out of school.... so 25+ yrs. and having friends that own medical disps I'm not sure there will be any substantial increase in the numbers of smokers in post 64 California. Not enough to make any difference. Knowing Californians and talking to friends who would have turned away hoards of uninformed would be smokers that didn't realize that med stores couldn't sell rec weed if there was gonna de a giant jump. I don't think it happened very much at all. Weed has been sold from stores for a long while in cali. Everyone who wants to has been. Nearly everyone anyway. At least that's what I believe and others in business. Remember that there's no official number and whatever they make, money wise can be reported as anything they feel.... Taxes made from those that had been smoking tax free all along or up 40 percent because of 64 and all the "new" rec smokers, from where they would have been if they were able to only tax medical. Nor sure we'll really ever know the truth.

Also, a lot of what changes minds IS access, but people in California didn't need more access. More people in those states that don't seem to want to change need greater access to better cannabis. Mexican brick, if that's even still going on, isn't gonna cut it. I'm not sure If 64 is gonna get more weed out of Cali because of the difficulties of bypassing everything that looks to end the black market? It might as many say wipe out the growers that would be interested in shipping it out of state and leave only the people who wanna play by the rules? Big players with too much invested and too much to lose by shipping out of state for a few extra dollars. If that's the case then those states, full of people whose minds need changing, are on their own! Depends a lot on what happens with 215. But they should prepare to start growing so as many people as possible can be high, as much as possible! Haha

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Bomb360-Sheesh brotha.... I know you've been at it for a while. I respect your stamina. Sincerely. I wasn't accusing you of anything. That is how I kinda interpreted your post. I realized by the end of my post that I might have interpreted it wrong and said so. Not so much the search for support. That statement was actually made because I was sure we both agreed that it was a done deal and support is no longer needed. I was speaking about the time to argue. Because like I said I initially interpreted your post to be possibly argumentative. That's why at the end of my post I said that maybe it was the opposite and meant to give hope etc. etc.

I didn't mean to insult you, him or degrade his work by using the discription "little old man". Gigantic young boy didn't seem right. If he doesn't think it fits.... I'll look him in the eye while I convince him that's exactly what he fuckin is.

I actually think he refers to himself as just that in the doc!

The DEA not being human part..... I'm not even gonna bother except to say that if your gonnna shoot the shit with people in America...... google might no be enough! You gotta just let the not human thing slide. What was that tv show with bal-kee? The goat farmer?!?! Haha
Hope you can laugh at yourself. Or I'm sure your gonna be pissed about that one too.

And I never said anything about that little old man and the joke I was making about coming to the same conclusions in 6th grade! If I did I would think you would be able to find SOME humor in it! But like I said the joke never made mention of any "tiny ancient male" or "subatomic prehistoric human of the masculine gender". It was an add on to the joke YOU made(that is why the lol was added, isn't it?)about where ALL the data collected so far was pointing too! That's all. In fact aren't you guilty of reducing his work to proving cotton mouth and munchies are the biggest side effects found? I bet if I gave half a shit I could make that argument! Half a shit and the desire to argue half as much as I now believe you do. Wanna argue that is.

You need to kick back about your feelings about that little fuckin yoda lookin motherfucker because if he ain't your dad or somebody who's penis you really want in your mouth.... your outta line!Hahaha and your defense of him is a little over the top!

I don't know if you watch South Park but......

SCREW YOU GUYS......IM GOING HOME! lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Yeah yeah, post it first then say you did not mean it...classic weak punk kid move.

I mean what I post and don't hide how I really think about something or someone, passive aggressive is not my style, I see it is yours though.

You start a post with "brotha" and end it with "you wanna suck dick" LOL grow up kid, I'd smack the silly out of you if you pulled that weak shit face to face.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Ok piece of shit. I didn't wanna take the chance with calling you DUDE! And then pullin the old switcheroo on ya!

Were my posts passive aggressive? I'd understand if you called parts backhanded complements...... But passive aggressive.

Your with all the other Tuskin Raiders (SandPeople) on the other side of the planet so.... I'll just tremble in fear because the possibility finding out I clowned a bad mutha fucker is so likely to happen! You ain't kickin anything but rocks!

And I never said "you wanna suck dick" ! It was closer to he possessed a penis you wanted to occupy the space in your head, you know.... where the bullshit thoughts in head become audible for those unlucky enough to have be near you! Your Pie Hole!

And I fucking suggested you didn't want to gobble up his weenie! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YOU DID! but I said your defense of him would only be appropriate if you did want to! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YA DID! But I clearly found it inappropriate! Which would mean I didn't think you wanted him to completely fill your face with his meat! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YOU DID!

And tell me what I posted then took back? But only if you do it politely god dammit!

Mukind

The major benefit to schedule II is that clinical trials can seriously begin.

Obscene amounts of data about the most efficient ways to grow and the effects of consuming are.

Would it be better if was no longer scheduled? Sure

This is the first step on that path, the DEA really has no data to say whether or not pot should be legal. It's going to be irrefutably safer than alcohol in everyone who can reads mind very soon. Every peer reviewed paper comparing the two is going to be brutal on alcohol, the data can only go one way. Just need some one with the ability to say that with confidence in medicine.

No reason to think the laws will be more stringent than home brewing...As long as you don't sell it no one is going to care what you do. Because no one ever dies even if you fuck up real bad. In the long term no one is going to keep this genie in teh bottle.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Ok piece of shit. I didn't wanna take the chance with calling you DUDE! And then pullin the old switcheroo on ya!

Were my posts passive aggressive? I'd understand if you called parts backhanded complements...... But passive aggressive.

Your with all the other Tuskin Raiders (SandPeople) on the other side of the planet so.... I'll just tremble in fear because the possibility finding out I clowned a bad mutha fucker is so likely to happen! You ain't kickin anything but rocks!

And I never said "you wanna suck dick" ! It was closer to he possessed a penis you wanted to occupy the space in your head, you know.... where the bullshit thoughts in head become audible for those unlucky enough to have be near you! Your Pie Hole!

And I fucking suggested you didn't want to gobble up his weenie! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YOU DID! but I said your defense of him would only be appropriate if you did want to! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YA DID! But I clearly found it inappropriate! Which would mean I didn't think you wanted him to completely fill your face with his meat! NOT THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YOU DID!

And tell me what I posted then took back? But only if you do it politely god dammit!

My point exactly. You only got mouth and act like a punk ass bitch from the safety of your keyboard, thanks for confirming.

You got any argument relevant to the discussion besides whinning about the dea never agreeing with legalizing cannabis?

If not, don't post, no one likes 'on-line gangstas' like you.

Slipnot

the dea may not agree that cannabis is in fact medicinal and safe to use, but scientic facts prove the dea's beliefs wrong.

there are clinical trials that have already produced great results and data here in Israel and there are many others going on as we type in this thread; data collected from patients that use all forms of ingestion, from baked goods, tinctures, classic smoking to vapor.

So far, the data collected has shown that the worst side effects are cotton mouth and munchies lol...

you think scientists and medical doctors give a fuck what the dea thinks when scientific proof already exists?

it is not a matter of 'if' at this point, but of when will the unreasonable and unjustifiable scheduling of cannabis under the controlled substance act in the U.S will be no more.

this is our new 'the earth is flat' challenge: anyone who believes cannabis is not highly medicinal and very safe are the modern version of the idiots from the past that believed the earth was flat, they will be considered the same by history.

now that auma passed and access will be greater for people, the facts on cannabis won't be able to be hidden in anti-science obscurantism and restricted access.

I am not here to debate anything and we need to settle down a bit .

Science is not FACT In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation, in contrast with a hypothesis or theory, which is intended to explain or interpret facts. which constantly changes . we can easily verify this by changes that once was thought to be Fact .
Right
In most cases when we read about science they do not use Facts but terms like it may do this or it can do this etc.

But we can agree that smoking causes cancer
Fact smoking causes 9 out of 10 lung cancers in people

How can we really say that MJ cures ?? if this was the case then ask your self why so many that claim it cured them still smoke it ?

If a person has a headache and takes 2 tylenol does he take one every day after it ? 

Sure i believe MJ has some medical qualities but research is not quite out yet on its true performance .

Sure it can be a alternative to a addicting opioid etc you know pain relief etc

Were always going to here about that amazing person that got cured by smoking Marijuana . you know that 1 out of 100,000 patients until we see better precentages i think its a moot point .. were all different
But i stress there still needs to be allot more research in the matter before you or I or even some Doctor can say its good

Just saying think about it ? if its such cure why are people not really cured and off it or not having to rely on it ..

That was the big push in legalizing it because its healing powers yet so many medical patients still smoke it daily for how long now ???
why are they not cured from it

Anyways To think the federal government will change it anytime soon to non sched .
Not going to happen its there means of controlling it or having last say in the matter no matter what science says or doctors say

Its all going to be Big business and government working hand in hand

Its no wonder now you here things like Monsanto taking control lol

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
yeah.... that's what I was saying about you. That part about you kickin rocks? Haha

Do you have anything to say that I didn't just get finished saying?

Remember..... it was in response to your tough guy bullshit that you typed while behind a keyboard from a mud hut all the way, safe and sound on the other side of the planet.

It's the post before yours?

The difference between you and me is if I'm gonna threaten somebody, I try to make sure they live close enough to find out what's up! If they want to of course.

If this shit is really this unavoidable!! THIS FUCKING PLACE IS DOOOMED!!!

Maybe you read a post of mine in a thread not too different from this one. Maybe you thought a friend of yours was being bullied? That's not the case but I don't think it's too far off to see how a moron might think that. My posts are all there for anyone to see what kind of member I am. I think they show I'm far from a someone who enjoys arguing. Can you say the same thing?

Z

z-ro

Guess they changed their minds from 4 months ago when they said they aren't rescheduling it.....

Slipnot

Guess they changed their minds from 4 months ago when they said they aren't rescheduling it.....

And why because the Facts are not out yet, If its really good or really bad people really crying from de sheduling it s because they can grow there hundreds of pounds and move it to another state and not go to jail

Well then what makes them any different then Mexican cartel or drug smugglers ..
i think this is what its really deep down all about

I mean really does schedule effect you as a grower ?? growing your legal limit ??
or does it effect a person lets say growing in Colorado and wanting to move his product couple states over :tiphat:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Listen resin boy, like you said, people can read your posts and they can see there was a civil discussion going on here until you came with you little bravado-act suggesting people need to stop sucking dick. Something you'd not dare to say face to face to someone else while discussing the theme of the thread. Get it mr. online gangsta? You got tons of mouth and you think you come off as being "cool and shit" but you come off as a fear mongering whinning little boy and you throw a tantrum like you are doing now when someone points this out to you. Grow up, if you don't like arguing why did you start shit with me? To throw a tantrum? You out of milk or what? LOL

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I am not here to debate anything...

That much is clear, because you don't make any reasonable points in your post, you have only offered loonie conspiracies and anti-science views.

So according to you, there's no scientific data on how cannabis treats nausea, uh? We don't understand the bio-chemical processes you say? Well, you need to read up if you think so...

We know more than you think on how it works and until you learn how much knowledge have we accumulated on cannabis, you're not qualified to make statements about science.

You're the same as the dea peeps who claim cannabis has no proven empirical medicinal properties, that is, you're wrong.

There is empirical proof and repeteable methods, just because you have not heard of it does not mean it does not exist...

Slipnot

OK seems like you poking at me or just being aggressive

In any event, the claims of advocates that “cannabis cures cancer” are nothing more than herbalism infused with the magical thinking of the naturalistic fallacy. Just because it’s “natural” does not make it better. In the case of cannabis for cancer, the only potentially promising way forward is to isolate the active components and figure out which of the hundreds of different cancers in which these components have activity against.

Finally, I have no objection to lobbying for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. I would support such measures myself. However, trying to use hugely exaggerated claims of medicinal benefit as a back door path to legalization gets my skeptical antennae all a’twitchin’ about all the other claims made by advocates and provides ammunition for critics whose real goal is prohibition.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Bomb360- I doubt you've made a post in the last few months that wasn't argumentative!

You think every post deserves your attention. You really gonna take it upon yourself to debate everyone that posts. My first post wasn't directed to you! It was relative to the subject at hand and non argumentative. You decide to add your two cents. I replied as calmly as I normally do. Then you decided to get all crazy. Asking if I really think doctors and scientist are gonna care about the DEA!!!! Are you shitting me!!! That's all they've ever done! Even in that doc about that man your so eager to defend, he tells a story of a colleague of his who was running test on children who had to stop the trials because the results were such that it was too obvious who was who. Why did he not want to share her name? She had overwhelming evidence but was afraid of...... what? Who? The fucking government!

Stereotypes are trippy! I don't fuk with them cause its almost too easy, but they are trippy.

And you know damn well I'd have no problem saying anything to your face! Just like the countless others that have probably talked shit to you in front of your wife, children, parents and neighbors! Leaving you no option but to run home and cry in your pillow! Has anybody ever had a good answer for you when you've asked, why nobody like you??? Huh? Did mommy have an answer for you? while she wiped those tears from your face? Hahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts