What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis taken to hospital

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Anthony Kiedis Was taken to a hospital via an ambulance due to an illness and the Red Hot Chili Peppers had to cancel Saturday nights show.

I'm sure lots of us here have you in our thoughts! Get well!

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
He's survived a lot of shit. Surprised he made it out of the 80's. Hope he pulls through...think they have some new music coming out.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
They've had some new stuff playing on the radio here.

Yeah..I've heard a couple new tracks. Sounds good.

Thought they might have hung it up when John left the band again...but then..they've gone through a lot of guitar players over the years. I like all their shit....been listening to them since the beginning.

The Chili has endured

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The irony if he got sick from some red hot chili peppers.

Saw these guys waaay back in the day at the Cameo in
Miami Beach.

The encore was the group pacing back onto stage wearing nothing
but gym socks on their, well, you know. I don't remember the
set list, but it's posted on the web, no doubt.

My first mosh pit experience too.

mowood3479

Veteran
I read his autobiography like 8 or 9 years ago. He has a track record of being hospitalized with "flu" when it was really heroin detox...
I hope that's not the case this time and it was just a bad stomach bug or something.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope he's alright. He's just a little older than me. I always thought he'd be the kind of guy to live to be 80 or 90.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very best to A,,,,really hope he is ok and not relapsed or anything like that,,,,,
lost too many this year already,,,,,,s2

Green Squall

Well, it sounds like he is doing fine and really did have a stomach ailment.

"I had inflammation in my guts," Kiedis added of his condition. "

I can relate as I sometimes experience this, although definitely not as bad. Weed helps with the nausea.

I've never really been into the chili peppers but just ordered one of their cd's on a whim. I love their cover of Jimmy Hendrix's "Castles Made Of Sand."

T

TreehouseJ

I'm a younger, healthy, active, athletic dude from Chicago with a spotless bill of health and a couple weeks ago the group consensus was that I was probably dying from the pain my swollen guts were giving me. I've had 3rd world amoebas and food poisoning that paled in comparison. I would just shake and sweat and vomit inexplicably. Heads up. Bananas helped.