What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

D.A.R.E. program Founder Nancy Reagan Dead at 94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashback..

I remember when the cop came to school in 5th grade with the suitcase full of drugs.

"This is acid. This will make you see cartoons."

I was sold right then and there.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Nancy dead? Good! Her and Ronnie damn near made pariahs out of all of us. Psychotic bitch & her astrologer advisor should have been laughed at, not beatified.

One of the things that makes this country special is that people with differing views can still get along. I understand this issue from both sides and am not cutting anyone's opinions. Peace is the correct path for the soul.

From me...... RIP Nancy. You were a classy lady and major influence in many young lives (all non drug related). I hope you have found peace. Namaste

Flashback..

I remember when the cop came to school in 5th grade with the suitcase full of drugs.

"This is acid. This will make you see cartoons."

I was sold right then and there.

Hahahaha, I thought I was the only one that said "Hell yes, sign me up for some of that shit". Seriously, I think that was when I started toking:dance013:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cringe every time i hear the name...Reagan...buuuut at the same time its not very classy to cheer someones death. I dont think we climb out of this shit hole that humanity finds itself in by hating on one another...even though i find these people rephehensable. They seemed to truly love each other and thats at least something we could honor.

Nicely said. True, one redeeming factor, their absolute devotion...rare these days.

Hell no, I didn't like Reagan's policies...I thought he was a pompous ass wipe. He was shockingly uneducated and took astrology seriously. Iran-Contra was only the most criminal act of his presidency, but hardly the only one. His secret wars in Nicaragua and El Salvador were just abject war crimes that were specifically forbidden by congress.

His "trickle down reaganomics" didn`t work so well either....er, it did nothing for me.

"The fears behind “Just Say No” are close to obsolete today, as marijuana legalization becomes a reality in more and more states. In fact, successful state legalization campaigns targeted middle class parents, much like Nancy Reagan’s ad campaign did. And some of those parents’ interests have changed. Rather than battle drugs, many parents are now fighting for their right to give medical marijuana to their children for chronic illnesses. "
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/03/06/3757056/nancy-reagan-just-say-no/

N

noyd666

he even looked stupid as a cowboy, fuken dead loss the lot of the bastards.

Lochinvar

she was never any kind of hero. presription drug freak, which is ok if you leave other better drugs alone. she didnt. it was interesting growing up in the 80s when so many decent folks still believed in all the bullshit about drug prohibition and war-mongering and the U.S. govment having our best interests in mind. the 80s was in so many ways the zenith of all horseshit. Dare to say... F#!k the man!

If they knew anything about kids & youth, they would know if you forbid it you make it cool, then their more likely to do it.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ill refrain from speaking ill of the dead (for today)

My thoughts exactly. Its bad juju to speak of the dead in such a matter. Wasn't a fan of the Reagans, but RIP Nancy.

I'll never forget the day Reagan got shot, the news intrupted batman to inform us.

OneStonedPony

Pssss I heard Snoop Dogg pushed her down some stairs, and all the secret service guys clapped, and sang " ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, fo-shizzle, you digg." Then an alien craft hoovered overhead, beamed her up, and warped out into space. Not a tear was shed. I wasn't there, but I would have liked to have seen it.

Sundance

Nancy Reagan was a lovely, beautiful and great lady ... a powerful women ... a great First Lady ... and dearly loved her husband

Ronald Reagan was one of America's GREATEST Presidents ... and is a hero of mine

God Bless Nancy and Ronald Reagan in Heaven

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She said that anyone that has ever smoked marijuana was an accomplice to murder.
GOOD RIDDANCE

She was ignorant.....ignorant meaning ill informed, clouded by her own prescriptions and astrology. Too, the 1980's were out of control (no more than other decades), but "Greed was Good"......nothing in moderation.

Classy in her own right, yes.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My thoughts exactly. Its bad juju to speak of the dead in such a matter. Wasn't a fan of the Reagans, but RIP Nancy.

I'll never forget the day Reagan got shot, the news intrupted batman to inform us.

Was working at the time when both the Space Shuttle blew up and when Reagan was shot. The rest is history.

If ever in the Simi Valley, I'll nod in silence at their resting place.

Skip

Veteran
One final note before I close this thread...

Hillary Clinton, who just attended the funeral for Nancy Reagan, said "She's no hero!".
This was after Bernie Sanders criticized her for saying that Nancy had started the National Dialogue on AIDs when in fact she and Ronald said nothing!

Nancy Reagan refused to acknowledge the threat of HIV. And so no government action was taken for years, while the HIV/AIDS virus spread around the world. Evidently Nancy had a LOT to do with the President's inaction on the issue.

It was the conservative majority opinion at the time that it was a "gay" disease and therefore the wrath of God or some such nonsense...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts