What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When are y'all cracking seeds for the 2016 season

*Pho20*

I am thinking February but would like to get everyone's opinion

Gonna be an eastern co greenhouse if that makes a difference and I'm hoping for 5-10 p per plant

5-10 lb per plant full season? Start ASAP. I'm flowering deps in March so my plants have been going for a minute

You do realize that a 10 lb plant will have to be 10' wide and at least 12' tall, right? Even folks in Mendo growing the largest monsters I've ever seen don't always get 10 off one plant

sdd420

Veteran
Put out side in there holes by 4/20. You can start them under lights earlier then put out. Any earlier and they start flowering

*Pho20*

5-10 lb per plant full season? Start ASAP. I'm flowering deps in March so my plants have been going for a minute

You do realize that a 10 lb plant will have to be 10' wide and at least 12' tall, right? Even folks in Mendo growing the largest monsters I've ever seen don't always get 10 off one plant

It's a reach goal last years direct sow lazy outdoor hit 5lbs a plant average and I'm fine with that if that's what I get

I'm gonna crack next week then looks like I have some cleaning to do lol

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
already done ....yeehaw..sitting in greenhouse now looking at em....yup wifi in greenhouse due to range extender I bought...a mini fridge is next...got about 45 or so..36 cups but I planted some cups with more than 1 seed as I had lots of seeds from my one cross so some cups have up to 4 plants ...I will be transplanting and flowering them cups soon for a winter crop..the others will be topped and used for clones then run too ..then I will pick the best for the season..sour bubble,sour lifesaver,elephant stomper, tranquil elephantizer and my own cross is black domina x bubbleberry...more to come too..about 70f in greenhouse with one side open..

Bewarned

Seeds are in root riots now for my summer grow.... wanting to place them outside in a high tunnel greenhouses the beginning of May... weather permitting..we have 14 hours of daylight and 10 hours of darkness at that time of year. ..should I veg inside under lights those same hours to match the natural sunlight outside

Haha. I just accidentally cracked some. Instead of throwing old seeds from around '90 +-5yrs away, I threw them into a glass of water.
Now 2 days later a couple have cracked already. I probably am going to have a problem soon. :biggrin: I really didn't expect them to grow after all the years. They weren't even in the fridge.
Normally I would choose to start later.
Happy growing all.

St. Phatty

A few months ago. Just finished taking clones. Probably the outdoors family will be pulled from that clone pool/ grouping.

Also sitting on my desk, Silver Kush x Apollo 11. Silver Kush = Silver Bubble x OG 18 (18 ?). It had a lemon bubble smell the first time I grew it. Thought that was worth a second look. So, the actual date ... looking like Sunday the 24th !

Ever notice you tend to plant seeds on days or do gardening work when there's sports on TV ?

Mr Blah

Seeds are in root riots now for my summer grow.... wanting to place them outside in a high tunnel greenhouses the beginning of May... weather permitting..we have 14 hours of daylight and 10 hours of darkness at that time of year. ..should I veg inside under lights those same hours to match the natural sunlight outside
I am in the same situation/climate as you in Michigan but in Maine.
I was wondering the same thing. I got a high tunnel and I am thinking of adding cfl lighting on every rib of the high tunnel, to add light to the 14hrs. Until April or May.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I am thinking February but would like to get everyone's opinion

Gonna be an eastern co greenhouse if that makes a difference and I'm hoping for 5-10 p per plant

Well everyone gave you a different answer. Here is my opinion, based on my experience growing large plants outside.

Seeds started in Feb, hopefully following the lunar calendar, have the potential to get very large. You can direct sow, if you choose. Don't worry about seeds triggering early, that's a clone's problem. Same goes for supplemental lighting, only needed for clones.

You can start early march too, and still hit great numbers.

B

blue_tick

mine was out march 23 rd last year i think i will old of a month this time from seed

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Running one sativa female in a cold bedroom now. Wanted to see how the more extreme day night temperatures affect the pheno's. 6 weeks in on flowering only 10 short weeks to go. lol So far she is gaining weight the same as my summer girls do. She was pollinated with same sativa hybrid at 4 weeks of flower. Waiting on second round of pistil production to start. It sure has made winter much more fun having a small project to keep me entertained. I will have plenty of f2's for next winter too. Peace

*Pho20*

Well everyone gave you a different answer. Here is my opinion, based on my experience growing large plants outside.

Seeds started in Feb, hopefully following the lunar calendar, have the potential to get very large. You can direct sow, if you choose. Don't worry about seeds triggering early, that's a clone's problem. Same goes for supplemental lighting, only needed for clones..

Thank you for your reply

I had heard that about the seeds not flowering if they were direct sow in a month or so but we only have 11 hours of light and I couldn't tell if it was hippy magic or not and didn't want to risk this years crop so that makes me more comfortable with you having done it with success

Can you explain planting to the lunar cycle or shoot me over a link?

tech1234

this is what I did last year. worked well for me. everything stayed in veg