What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Greenhouse 9300' (Seasonal and Year-around)

nephrosis

Hell yea man, green is the way to go :D Your babies are looking AMAZING!!!! I wish i could move already.... need to save money but fuck. so hard in socal...

Looks nice. I got some friends in the high country that have been been dropping their houses in 2-3ft deep trenches to keep the temps stable, have you ever done this? I was thinking about throwing something up down here in the low country but glad I didn't with all the mid-summer hail. Do you ever do poly tunnels up there? Seems like it'd be too rough but you never know. What kind of spread do you use for a gavita in your gh?

Blackberry and '98 look tasty, the only people around here who seem to have legit cuts of those are demanding more money than would get me to Russia and back twice so hope those breeding projects go well lol

D3d0v3rd3

i am very good with my hands. i can build just about anything. very interested in knowing how to do a year round green house. is it cost effective. is the carbon foot print less than an indoor crop.

highcountrygrow

Looks nice. I got some friends in the high country that have been been dropping their houses in 2-3ft deep trenches to keep the temps stable, have you ever done this? I was thinking about throwing something up down here in the low country but glad I didn't with all the mid-summer hail. Do you ever do poly tunnels up there? Seems like it'd be too rough but you never know. What kind of spread do you use for a gavita in your gh?

Blackberry and '98 look tasty, the only people around here who seem to have legit cuts of those are demanding more money than would get me to Russia and back twice so hope those breeding projects go well lol

I def would bury my GHs into the ground but we sit on bedrock up here so youde need dynamite(haha) or a large excavator to get into the ground a few feet. So not too cost effective for me. ill post some pics late of the GH with most of its bells and whistles in. Its very well insulated so even without heating it right now it doesnt drop too much in temp during the night. I have a poly hoop house but I have not done any insulated poly tunnels up here. The winds probably would prevent that method from working to well up here. I plan on putting 4 1000W gavitas in a 10x 24ft GH. Hoping that should be fine for supplementing

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Damn, just looked over your posts, and your one house reminds me of the light dep/gh shed I just built this year. Just popped off the roof from an old shed, and replaced it with 8mil polycarb panels, and insulated the wood walls. Window ac, 6 in intake, 8 in exhaust, couple circulation fans. And of course purlins with a panda plastic shade to pull if used for dep. Real simple actually and not to expensive. Not used full term but could be, had an old window ac already, but could have bought an ac that also is a heater, would possibly work well. Anyways, Respect!

@highcountry

yea high explosives aren't exactly low key. do you use anything to cover the gh when you have those gavitas running? do you get much hassle up there from the neighbors or sheriff? why gavitas/ have you used any other gh supplementation lighting? have you come across the Hells Angels OG out here?

highcountrygrow

@highcountry

yea high explosives aren't exactly low key. do you use anything to cover the gh when you have those gavitas running? do you get much hassle up there from the neighbors or sheriff? why gavitas/ have you used any other gh supplementation lighting? have you come across the Hells Angels OG out here?

Im going to try to keep them flowering all winter so ill run my lights from 5am->5pm to supplement the short hours while also not being a nuisance to my neighbor. We live on the end of a dirt road next to national forrest so we are well secluded, for the most part. The double ended bulbs in gavitas are a lot more efficient and have much more penetration then classic HID and they also have the gavita master controller which will help regulate temp and dim lights if its too hot/sunny in the GH and turn the lights up if its a cloudy or cooler day.
I have seen the HA OG but I personally ave never ran it.

@highcountry

I see that sounds both mellow and efficient. I agree with you on the double ended bulbs. Have you only used gavitas? The reason I ask is that's a big spread, have you considered or used the other de options? There are a few different wing style reflectors that may give a wider spread than a box reflector. What's been your experience with the bulbs, do they last as long as they're rated? I have yet to notice any decrease in light but the rating on them says they'll last me about 2yrs before they decrease to 93-94% of rating.

highcountrygrow

@highcountry

I see that sounds both mellow and efficient. I agree with you on the double ended bulbs. Have you only used gavitas? The reason I ask is that's a big spread, have you considered or used the other de options? There are a few different wing style reflectors that may give a wider spread than a box reflector. What's been your experience with the bulbs, do they last as long as they're rated? I have yet to notice any decrease in light but the rating on them says they'll last me about 2yrs before they decrease to 93-94% of rating.

Im using the gavitas b/c of the master controller that will help regulate the temp by changing the power to the lights (i.e. on cloudy/cold days, lights bump) I do like the ajusta-wing designs with the double ended for a better light-spread but I think 4 x 1000W gavitas will do my space fine.

Coming up on starting this harvest! It will be paired with an indoor harvest so we will be busy for the next while. I also have a lot of strains that wont be done for atleast another 3 wks (tangerine haze, jack herer, white widow, green crack, and the golden goat) So that helps spread things out a little. I will be posting more pictures soon before I take anything down. So far the chemdawgs and the airborne OGs are going to be the best GH/outdorr/indoor cannabis i have ever grown. Having these controlled GHs is a dream come true. They allow you to get nat sunlight with high UV exposure (at our alt. of 9300ft) and yet have a protected, insulated, and non-humid environment that leads to resin-covered colas :biggrin::peacock:

highcountrygrow

i am very good with my hands. i can build just about anything. very interested in knowing how to do a year round green house. is it cost effective. is the carbon foot print less than an indoor crop.

If you know how to build i would highly recommend this endeavor. Very cost-effective and you have the control to customize them exactly to your liking. Alot depends on how many bells and whistles you want.

And yes carbon foot-print is much less than indoor setups. I have the equivalent space in my GHs for over 30,000W of light but instead I use the colorado sun (300 days of sun a year) and its FREE. Point and case.

BenAndChons

Man you CO guys are doing it right. So no concerns with the fuzz? Seems like out there you'd have to be running a seriously massive commercial op to really attract any attention, but I'm speculating from afar

Having a secluded spot in CO to live/grow on within the next few years is the dream

nephrosis

Man you CO guys are doing it right. So no concerns with the fuzz? Seems like out there you'd have to be running a seriously massive commercial op to really attract any attention, but I'm speculating from afar

Having a secluded spot in CO to live/grow on within the next few years is the dream

Its also LEGAL in CO, not to mention Oregon, Alaska and Washington DC just legalized recreational too! Not to forget about Guam, just legalized medical marijuana! Give it 2 years and we will be home free

highcountrygrow

hello all, sorry i have been very busy with finishing up the summer seasons and resetting everything up for the winter run. The harvest seems to be nonstop with at least 15 outa the first GH we pulled. All extremely high quality! Ill post some pics soon when i get a chance. Keep Growing.

T

The_Core

Look forward to seeing it. I live in Europe and I am looking into growing in a converted building with a modified roof with translucent panels.

Not sure how I will handle the ventilation or humidity. I know the industrial systems are very expensive. And running the smell straight outdoors could be an issue.

COgrowerco

Wow, I am impressed. I grow for a large Dispensary here in Denver. We have been talking about GH's for a while. Not sure what direction my company will go, but Id really like to get some GH experience. You are doing some great things up there. Congrats on the success

Wow, I am impressed. I grow for a large Dispensary here in Denver. We have been talking about GH's for a while. Not sure what direction my company will go, but Id really like to get some GH experience. You are doing some great things up there. Congrats on the success

I'm in a similar boat as yourself, we are potentially a few days away from starting the build-out for a 22,000sq ft light dep, climate controlled commercial greenhouse; with the intentions of having 50K sq ft by the end of 2015. PM me whenever you get 50 posts, or whatever the requirement is to PM other members. There are not as many people doing large light dep greenhouses as I thought there would be when I started looking into it.