What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 Light Dep Project

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
What kind of smells you getting from those girls?
Allergies are destroying my sense of smell right now, but #1 is like overripe fruit, #2 is my favorite, sour/spicy..complex. #3 isn't too far off from BD. I'll get back with a better report when they're dry.

whats the difference youre seeing in the spring runs in those greenies vs summer? I had a few winter outdoor crops in so cal but they were nowhere near as dense as the summer batches. Im just saying, because those bd x 5gs look very bomb for something grown with less sun.
I ran the original seeds over the winter in the clearspan. Had a lot of sunny days but the winter angle/intensity put out almost more leaf than bud. And I had thousands on movers going. Probably won't try that again. I was still able to get an idea of the plants though..along with the BDx5G's, there were a couple females of Top Dawg Seeds' Tres Sister. One I liked, kept, and just planted in my trenches this morning for the full term.

The spring runs do pretty well up here. Last year was my first attempt and was impressed enough to try it again. The flowers are really close to the quality we see in the summer runs. I would do more spring crops, but to harvest in May, it takes up space a summer dep would need to be vegging in.

How much longer till you pull tarps on that GGs and such?
What do you usually pull per plant in the 100 gals?
Still shooting for early June flip..they're cruising. I've never ran 100's in dep, or full season for that matter. Some friends have been pulling tarp on them for a few years and see 2-3.

We might try to pull out the pallets soon. The ground is warming up and the plants are starting to suck water. The wells are good but not great..a little more retention from them being on the ground wouldn't hurt.

nomaad

Veteran
have u tried sourcing local honey for your allergies? i have been looking at properties with a friend who has some of the worst hay fever reactions i have ever seen... i was amazed when two teaspoons of very local honey made all symptoms disappear IMMEDIATELY... hacking, wheezing, stopped up sinuses.

I had heard about the honey/allergies thing before but thought it was like a general prophylaxis... something u take a dose of daily and have a generally higher allergen tolerance... again, I was blown away by the immediate effects this guy experienced. I am a total holistic/homeopath skeptic but I done seen it with mine own eyes...

DunHav`nFun

Wanted to stop in and show respect where it`s due Bro.....Deleted my account due to bullshit , but signed back up for PM priveleges after 50 posts for my old head Bro`s.....

Good luck Fisher...Always knew yas were gonna do big things.....

Sup Nomaad Bro.....LTNS.....Awesome info on the allergy info.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:...

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Nomaad- I've heard of the local honey trick before, but guess I also thought it was something to take in advance of allergy season. Your report sounds promising! I'm keeping an eye out. Might hit up the farmers market.

DHF- cool seein you around..stay tuned!

Prop..thank you man. I'm eager to try some of those BDx5G's again. Think they'll be way more legit than what we saw in the winter.

Flipped a few houses at the one place..so day 2. The clearspan is getting it tomorrow I think. I picked up four pairs of Golden Arms to help pull tarp on the 20x96s. They have a website, check it out. I'm thinking it will work out well for these cold frames. Here's a quick pic from the other spot at day 2 of bloom. That romex is coming down.
picture.php

ponobegone

Veteran
if its really bad have an old timer beekeeper hook you up with local pollen, gotta take it in precise super small doses daily. plants look incredible man thanks for sharing the knowledge!

rik78

Veteran
Pulling up a chair ....and subbed with a beer, amazing thread and project!!

thanks a lot Fisher15

Last edited:

nomaad

Veteran
Looking stellar!

What is your preferred method of ventilation when the tarp is on?

if I were set up like this, my preferred method of ventilation would be blowing myself.

fisher's is discussed a few pages back.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
if I were set up like this, my preferred method would be blowing myself.

fisher's is discussed a few pages back.

:laughing: I knew ya'll were weird down in Lake County !!!

Fisher - Big up. Looking sweet. We're doing some carport dep too, until the Rube Goldberg is done...Hows 101 North doing?

Last edited:

turbo14

Veteran
How many times a week are you watering these ladies? How much water per 96 footer? How many times have you bottle fed?

My 24x96 will be here on Thursday as well as a truck of Vermifire.

(50) 100 Gallon Smarties. Thanks for the inspiration.

My greenhouse is going to be very similar to yours, just a hair wider.

Have you used the golden arms yet? I am thinking of getting a friend of mine to fab some up.

I am in a totally different climate. 9000' in the Rockies. Thanks for the inspiration brotha.

Fuckin beautiful plants man!

turbo

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Still deciding on exact setup for the under-tarp inline fans. I wouldn't mind running just one exhaust fan with passive intakes, if I could get away with it. Otherwise, an active intake and exhaust for each hoop.

Turbo- Sounds way cool..stoked for you bro! Been putting about 5 gallons through them daily for the past week. Should increase going into bloom. That Gorilla Glue likes to be wet. No feeds in veg, they don't need it with this soil. I may spray Calcium 25 tonight..

We're setting up the Golden Arms this week. harvestexcel.com

BF- The 101 North and Betsy are rockin. A touch lanky as the blackout tarp is robbing of some morning light. Good looking plants though. May send those into bloom tonight. Good call on those ports! So easy. 101N, left. Betsy, right.
picture.php

Skywalker OG in front
picture.php

Glue
picture.php