What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldtlocals Greenhouses

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
would 1 plant this size give enough bud to last a person all year long?

this is a very nice greenhouse u have here.

P

planty

Hey there. I'm from A.P. good to see the local landscape and other people showing what has been perfected for a long time in the area... How come you chose to frame your green houses instead of use Gatorsteel or whatever the Farmtek clear spans and most metal car ports are made out of ? I'm going to be building a 12x24 in the next month and really like the looks of your 15x40.

statusquo

Greetings humboldtlocal! I would just like to say that I have been a long time admirer of your work and have been lurking a few of your threads. I think you have a lot of good advice and information to contribute and usually convey it in a chill manner.

That being said I have a few questions
1. "I like to use this solid white stuff on the walls" If you could elaborate on this I would appreciate it. Does this material let light through like the poly on the roof? I assume it is a porous material since you said you use it to increase air flow. Is airflow the only thing preventing one from using poly all the way around?

2. How much does it cost, roughly, to build these greenhouses (im assuming you built them from scratch)

3. Is your greenhouse "facing" south?

4. What kind of ventilation are you using?

Thanks for all your help!

H

humboldtlocal

Greetings humboldtlocal! I would just like to say that I have been a long time admirer of your work and have been lurking a few of your threads. I think you have a lot of good advice and information to contribute and usually convey it in a chill manner.

That being said I have a few questions
1. "I like to use this solid white stuff on the walls" If you could elaborate on this I would appreciate it. Does this material let light through like the poly on the roof? I assume it is a porous material since you said you use it to increase air flow. Is airflow the only thing preventing one from using poly all the way around?
2. How much does it cost, roughly, to build these greenhouses (im assuming you built them from scratch)
3. Is your greenhouse "facing" south?
4. What kind of ventilation are you using?

1. The white stuff I think is called sollexx? It comes in 4x8 sheets or on rolls 4x100 feet. It lets at lest 70-80% light through. I like it for walls but not roofs. I also use shade cloth on some of the walls. That is what helps with air flow.
2. The 24x40's both cost under 5k in materials and labor.
3. Yes south facing.
4. I have solar intake and exhaust fans as well as the breathable shade cloth on some of the walls.

H

humboldtlocal

LOL You actually can't order online or over the phone from those guys so you would have to go in there. I guess that means it is only bringing the price down locally. Everything I do or say brings the price down. I should keep my mouth shut.

H

headfortrinity

If you need a greenhouse guard dog I'm available :D, I have no problem with sleeping on a cot in the gh and I can cook for myself. :wave:

Sometimes I fall asleep in my gh sitting on a milk crate, then I wake up to find I spilt bong water on my shoe.

P

planty

LOL You actually can't order online or over the phone from those guys so you would have to go in there. I guess that means it is only bringing the price down locally. Everything I do or say brings the price down. I should keep my mouth shut.

MY POINT EXACTLY!!! Hahaha!! MORE STEAK FOR US!!!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
PTWxVIP is Purple Train Wreck x Vancouver Island Purple
HK/BB x GF/P is Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Garpefruit/Purple
PTW/GF x GF/P is Purple Train Wreck x Grapefruit/Purple

As far as rippers, I don't exactly live down town.

I do believe your playing with my favs lol lol nice and dank too.. clones? TW X PK real popular in BC .Sik as hell greenhouses bro :dance013:.That yeild looks great !! peace out Headband707

H

humboldtlocal

I do believe your playing with my favs lol lol nice and dank too.. clones? TW X PK real popular in BC .Sik as hell greenhouses bro :dance013:.That yeild looks great !! peace out Headband707

Those are all seed strains of mine. I am running all of those and more this year. I only have two clone strains but about twenty seed strains I am running.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I see that you switched it up though??? lol lol lol lol.. you try the Green Crack? TW still my fav... Have yet to beat it lol.. If I find a strain I will let you know lol ... Still clone only though lol peace out Headband707

H

humboldtlocal

There is plenty of Green Crack around here. Last year I grew the Black Crack. Green Crack crossed Blackberry I believe? I don't know where people say the origins of Green Crack are but I had a cross I made in '99 that I dubbed Green Crack. It was a local strain I had named Crack that I crossed with my friends strain he called Green. He had so many strains that he just called them the color of the tag. I grew the Light Blue, Green and Red for years. There was even a purple before purple weed was the craze. I called that cross Green Crack and gave away hundreds of seeds of it over the next few years. A couple years back when I started hearing about a hot new strain called Green Crack showing up at the clubs I had to wonder if it was my strain. The buds I have seen look identical to the cross I had made. Tight red haired nugs with very little leaf and tons of resin. I guess I will never know. I am growing some seed this year of a Light Blue cross that I gave to a friend years ago and he worked into some of his strains. I am excited to be getting to run some of these old genetics that I passed along to people and they worked with. My Purple Train Wreck is not like regular TW at all. It is a super stout burly plant with massive colas that gets nice and dark and has no TW smell at all. It has been crossed into several things but the original version I was given years ago had very little in common with the TW clone that has been around these parts forever.

oi, so firstly i would like to thank you for sharing your work, it has helped my train of thought and made me want a greenhouse like nothing other. im hoping you could help me out on what i should do about soil. what im thinking is that i like my roots to grow big. i have always wanted to rent a backhoe, and this is going to be the year. im going to dig a 20'x30'x5'deep hole, put gravel on the bottom, and then fill it up with soil, and plop the cold frame on top. 20 plants or so will be put in to the ground, im liking that idea. so is this a retarded idea to start with, or does it have potential? what should i do about soil, i have only fucked with indoor mostly, and a few years of failed gorilla shit. its like 2700cu feet of potting soil i need to get together in the next month. are there dump trucks that deliver it, or do i need to get a few pallets of soil in bags? or do i order a few cubic yards of top soil, a yard of some shit, a few yards of pear-lite, and mix it up and do it my self? what would you recommend i do in this situation? or should i fuck that noise and get swimming pools going? thanks for any help, keep doing the good work.

MjBuddah

NIcely done, How old are these plants? How long were they in in veg to get em' that big from clone!? Well done my man.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah it's funny how things come back around. Back in '05 we took some of our Darkstar clones out east to see folks at harry brown's farm. And then my grow buddies show me an issue of TY earlier this year and there is the Darkstar. You never know if it is the same strain but man it looked alot like it. THseeds was working with it and I know they have roots on the east coast so who knows. The folks I gave those cuts to definitely get around so there is a good chance it is spread all over. Unfortunately I lost that cut due to a visit from the man but life goes on, there is always more seeds. The only thing I noticed in the article was the lineage which I believe they stated as Mazar X ?. Our version was west coast black domina X Detroit sensi star, hence the darkstar. But I know that when cuts get traded around the lineage can become foggy. Anyways, Peace BrotherD