What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
condolences man, what a fucked up world we live in where such a thing is even possible. hope this doesnt destroy your life man, get out of there asap. swat team for a guy smoking a joint is police state bs and should be illegal waste of tax payer money.

therevverend

Veteran
This is no where near as bad as you think it is. It's fucked up, your neighbors are assholes but it's not nearly as big as a mess as it could be.

Don't start down the road of malicious mischief with the neighbors. Definitely record their names, addresses, Facebook, for 10 years from now when you get your revenge. But for now suck it up and smile at them. You don't need new charges before this shit gets worked out. And the smile will drive them crazy, much worse then the evil eye.

Honestly I'd rather be busted with 3 ounces in Idaho then Washington. In Washington over 41 grams is a felony, up to 5 years in prison $10k fine. Idaho, up to 3 ounces is a misdemeanor, up to 1 year, 5k fine. Crazy ain't it? Washington is fucked I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so great.

Growing is a bigger felony in Washington as well. In Idaho you have up to 49 plants get 1 year felony and 50k fine. In Wash all cultivation is illegal, one plant gets you 5 years felony and a 10k fine. I've said it before but cannabis is not legal in Washington and it's not a great place to move to if you're a grower unless you want to spend 100,000's of $ buying a license to get state certified. And many of the people that have done that are going bankrupt left and right. It's a bear market.

So I don't think you're in that deep of shit. What the cops did was a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money. If all you had was 3 oz and no plants growing. Like others have suggested they may have been monitoring you for some time, used the neighbors' snitch as an excuse otherwise you were airtight.

It sounds like you have a good grasp of what you're doing. I'd go with the public defender if it's a misdemeanor or can be dropped to a misdemeanor. Save your money for a new house. If they get greedy and go for the felony you don't want that on your record. Do what you have to, buy a real lawyer.

The real shame of the situation is losing the irreplaceable seed stock. That's going to sting for a long time. I could cry over the strains I've lost, losing them to the pigs is a nightmare. It's a reminder to be generous with your seed stock.

If you give seeds away if a disaster happens you may be able to get some back. Hopefully you'll be able to find a close approximation of what you lost and get back up on the breeding horse. Make it your mission to double down on how nice your strains can be.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah a few people I know have left Washington. One went to Detroit, another to New York, and another to Mass.

The worst thing about dealing with the courts is the wait. The best place to move to would have legal grows, and no building permits. There are many counties and townships that you can build without any permits.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Update: went to court ,, got a continuance til 28th for my PD to continue discussing a possible plea deal...

So far it isnt an official offer but this is what is being discussed:
Felony Dropped to misdemeanor
Pay some fines (unknown how much) but! No probation...
BUT!... I gotta leave the state in a said amount of time and stay gone for a said amount of time...

so basically they are kicking me out of the state so I can go to a place where i wont be prosecuted for what I do... and they dont have to worry about me breaking the laws here again. pretty good deal considering they charged me with a felony... but still having to move within a set amount of time and try to buy a new property and so on will be hard... gonna have to sell my house to move to Oregon... Oregon seems the most viable option for me at the current moment... that way i can get my medical card and hopfully get back into the cannabis scene like I used to be. This 5 yr hiatus I had to take for moving to Idaho for personal reasons is over ... time to move on and get back to what I love to do.

Now comes the hard / fun part... finding out where to go... I want to be able to find and work with people in the medical and commercial scenes, from what I been researching some counties have opted out from allowing commercial production growers and dispensaries, but the info is a bit unclear... Anyone from Oregon here that has info on Eastern OR counties?

SGS

troutman

Seed Whore
If it's a choice between moving or going to jail I think most people would move.

You could always come back later when the smoke clears.

Maybe you should speak to a Real Estate agent to get your house listed right away. :tiphat:

green404

That sounds like some good news !

Good time of year to sell a house. Sometimes we just need some incentive to create change.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
If it's a choice between moving or going to jail I think most people would move.

You could always come back later when the smoke clears.

Maybe you should speak to a Real Estate agent to get your house listed right away. :tiphat:

i agree... everyone ive been talking to says dont go to trial and take the deal if Im able to get off felony and NO PROBATION so i can leave... otherwise the amount of seed stock and everything they found will come up in the jury trial and I might get fucked with the felony for sure... so im pretty much at the mercy of the DA.

Realtor coming today after 1pm to do walk through and start some comps on my place to figure out price range.

SGS

shithawk420

Veteran
DO NOT TAKE IT TO TRIAL!! You WILL probably go to prison if you do.the evidence is stacked against you.sounds like you wanna leave anyway.if you can get the DA to agree to that plea you should probably take it.sounds like a good deal.Good luck.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Maybe you could just rent your house out. Get a real estate agent who covers everything on rental deals. You will keep gaining equity and you can negotiate part of the deal to come back and oversee it until you ultimately decide to sell. I wouldn't want to go back to the same place, but maybe you have your reasons.

Grateful1

Coming from experience bro, Ive been in your situation. Im not sure what state you reside in, but Im in one of the oldest states with the most draconian laws. Thankfully, even our state and judges are starting to wise up and understand cannabis is nowhere near as "bad" or harmful of the other drugs scourging our country. Slowly but surely theyre wising up.

My advice is dont say a word. Dont take any plea deals. Hire the best attorney you can. Do your research on your state laws, and any passable loop holes. THERES ALWAYS LOOPHOLES. Irregardless if you have the best attorney in your state, or a public defender, never trust them. YOur best bet at beating your case, that is the ultimate goal is to have everything thrown out on a stipulation or loophole, is to find it yourself, and do your own homework.. This is very possible to do.

IF your justice system is anything like ours, your case will be drawn out for atleast a year. In my situation, the prosecution sentenced me to multiple felony poss w intent to dist. (13 diff baggies, none more than an oz). Plus a handful of misdemeanors. At the plea court they wanted me to plead guilty to 4 felony poss, and they would drop the other 9+... I asked them which bags i was to plead to and how much did they weigh.. They said "well call one 2g (yes 2 grams, one 5g, one 7g and one 31g) It was then that i realized they had never weighed or tested the cannabis.

I started digging into laws and how to find my loophole... In our state, by law they must have you a discovery packet within 3 months of charging you. the discovery packet contains whatever evidence they have against you, IE. Lab results, weights, informants etc.. This is to allow u time to prepare your case and your defense. A year goes by and our next court hearing they had still not done any actual discovery packet.
This whole time my paid attorney is trying to scare me into taking a plea deal. I fired his ass and went to court by myself..

They missed the window of opportunity to provide the lab tests in my discovery packet in due time. I had my entire case thrown out bc of this stipulation..

To reiterate. Stick to your guns. Hire the best attorney u can, dont ever trust them, and do your own homework. Every case ive beaten ive had to bring or provide the loop hole or info to my attorney. I have no law degree but have done the most work on everyone of my cases. Best of luck to you my brother. Whichever way it goes, keep your head, and stay centered. This too shall pass my man. Keep your head and dont submit to the system ever!!!

Hello everyone...

Bad news.. Got busted with 3+oz which is a felony where I'm currently residing.... They came in with a search warrant with guns drawn and riot shields... Removed me from my home as they searched my entire property making one he'll of a mess... I was turned in by my new neighbors for they don't agree with me smoking apparently... They saw me smoking in my car port and smelled it......

I've lived here for a long time and can't believe how people can be so intrusive coming into a place the rest of us have been in this neighborhood... I have no problems with anyone here...but apparently i offended them... To the point they wanted to get me into major trouble.....

They took my entire SGS seed collection... Yrs and yrs of work... Along with every other unique genetics collected for yrs...
Very upsetting... :(

Legal fees are a major concern... Along with penalties from the charges im facing... This state really need to get with all the other states that touch it... 3 are legal rec... 2 are medical and decriminalization....

As soon as I can I'm going to move from this state to where I won't be prosecuted for our loved plant...

During my arrest i told one of the officers "we wouldn't even be having this conversation if we were 157 miles to the northwest..." He said you are absolutely right... But we arnt...

Any support from ICMAG members is welcome...

Thanks everyone for letting me vent..

SGS:tiphat:

muggsie

When ever I purchased seeds it was stated that these seeds were just novelties, not intended for growing. Maybe your PD can ball up and request them back. I lost my best mom to a no knock. Mummia was the name and breeder no longer carries them. (gro doc) so I feel your pain. I'm not allowed to talk much about it, But something tells me they wish never met me...lol good luck and get back in the game soon.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hi everyone... either way this does turn out ,, next week I will know which direction it will be going... Im still outta here... Im burnt here,... all i want to do is make a living working with cannabis... Now I need to figure out where to go... MED or MED/REC state... Im gonna need the best possible laws that allow me to move and jump right into the market in a way I can make a living... Im not looking to get rich all I want is to make a decent living growing...

I have been doing my research on all the states... laws and regulations - current and upcoming changes..

So im really needing more personal info from people in these states to help make things a little more clear on the meanings of the laws Im researching.
Please if anyone has any info on the MED or MED/REC states that I will be able to get into quickly please voice your opinions!

My 5 yr Hiatus has really took me out of the loop since all laws that have changed in the MED or MED/ REC states... UGH!
ANY IDEAS OF WHERE I SHOULD GO!?!? And what avenue should I approach the market... I dont mind if it is MED or REC I need to just get there and my foot in the door on my own or working for someone else... but preferably on my own. I like being self efficient but not against working with someone else that is awesome! with good goals.

Thanks SGS :tiphat:

green404

Here in Colorado Med and Rec are legal. To be honest it sucks as far as trying to make a living in the Colorado cannabis industry.

To work for someone pays as much as McDonalds unless you are running the entire show then it pays slightly more. To set up your own is expensive and 100&1 compliance hoops to jump tru.

Cannabis has turned into the same as any other industry, competitive, low paying, and it is flooded and over regulated on top of it.

M

moose eater

Alaska has restrictions re. convictions in the past, and getting licensed. I believe it's just for felonies, with a 5-year wait for licensing from the time the sentence was successfully fulfilled, though. That was my understanding of it.

Like any place, as mentioned, the cost to set up is there, and many have done so with personal partners and friends forming groups.

As is the case with the several other current rec-legal states referenced, the competition is starting to take a notable toll on viability. but a good shtick is key to success in ANY field facing competition. Come up with a means by which to make your business stand out, and seem more likable, more needed, etc..

As far as climate goes, I've always considered Alaska to have about 9 distinct climates. It's a big place.

The more rural, the more money it typically takes to live (counterintuitive as that may seem...).

And we have 'local option laws' that have allowed some boroughs or municipalities to opt out, leaving greater leeway for neighboring communities that DO permit such opportunities, as well as helping to preserve the old Black Market, whether that was their intention or not.

And on the bright side, depending on your perspective, we're considerably warmer in the winters these past bunch of years. The polar bears and seals likely don't appreciate it much, but after 40 winters here, I do. ;^>)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to read the plight. Michigan, Colorado, Oregon. Other states up for grabs.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Hi everyone... either way this does turn out ,, next week I will know which direction it will be going... Im still outta here... Im burnt here,... all i want to do is make a living working with cannabis... Now I need to figure out where to go... MED or MED/REC state... Im gonna need the best possible laws that allow me to move and jump right into the market in a way I can make a living... Im not looking to get rich all I want is to make a decent living growing...

I have been doing my research on all the states... laws and regulations - current and upcoming changes..

So im really needing more personal info from people in these states to help make things a little more clear on the meanings of the laws Im researching.
Please if anyone has any info on the MED or MED/REC states that I will be able to get into quickly please voice your opinions!

My 5 yr Hiatus has really took me out of the loop since all laws that have changed in the MED or MED/ REC states... UGH!
ANY IDEAS OF WHERE I SHOULD GO!?!? And what avenue should I approach the market... I dont mind if it is MED or REC I need to just get there and my foot in the door on my own or working for someone else... but preferably on my own. I like being self efficient but not against working with someone else that is awesome! with good goals.

Thanks SGS :tiphat:

TODAY i walked into a HUGE prop 64 warehouse in socal.

they had Super frosty strains that were testing up 30 percent thc or so the reports said.

25 an 1/8 all day every day 160 an oz.

so much resale grow equipment on craigslist from the People that tried to grow and failed its insane!

shithawk420

Veteran
TODAY i walked into a HUGE prop 64 warehouse in socal.

they had Super frosty strains that were testing up 30 percent thc or so the reports said.

25 an 1/8 all day every day 160 an oz.

so much resale grow equipment on craigslist from the People that tried to grow and failed its insane!
correct me if im wrong but theres no way you could live selling 160 oz in socal and make a living unless your producing hundreds of lbs shipping across the mid east coast right?thats everyones pipe dream here and it dont work out.its hard to make money on weed these days.dont see it happening

muggsie

Once recreational passed the prices have been dropping with the quickness. Last month off highway 50 in Pueblo Co. saw a bill board hollering $80 ounces. Great for consumers, terrible for growers. That is why many are sending their stuff out of state. Not worth the risk if you ask me. Not to many people making a killing here. Very competitive; Unless you have land for outdoor grows to get the weight. Trying to grow great herb inside is a real pain in the ass and will cost your a fortune. Tough to compete with the clubs if your planning on trying to turn it. SGS I hope all goes your way and you can hook up with a good group. They are out there..The best part is you can play with this plant everyday..

Latest posts

Latest posts