What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyros

Similarly as with Iran, he is trying to dictate an extremely one-sided version of "the deal", something like unconditional total elimination of nuclear weapons. The Korean side is not particularly interested in unconditional surrender; the end of development was intended as a bargaining chip for other agreements.

Spaventa

Veteran
You forgot to mention that it started with Pence threatening NK with ending up "like Libya".

NK then issued a statement saying he was a"dummy" and that “We can also make the US taste an appalling tragedy it has neither experienced nor even imagined up to now.”

Typical how details like that tend to get swept aside in the rush to blame Trump. The blame should be on Pence, the shit stirring, trouble making traitor.

Cannavore

Veteran
NK is right, they are dummies. Why would they agree to a deal with the US when they're basically watching the US violate their own deal with Iran RIGHT NOW? Then the neo fascists draw comparisons to Libya in regards to NK, which was A COMPLETE DISASTER.

And it was John Bolton, the neocon fascist that Trump JUST HIRED that said those remarks about Libya, lmao.

Spaventa

Veteran
NK is right, they are dummies. Why would they agree to a deal with the US when they're basically watching the US violate their own deal with Iran RIGHT NOW? Then the neo fascists draw comparisons to Libya in regards to NK, which was A COMPLETE DISASTER.

And it was John Bolton, the neocon fascist that Trump JUST HIRED that said those remarks about Libya, lmao.

What John Bolton said didn't cause the offence - what Pence said on Fox news did. Thats why they called Pence the dummy.

Bolton said the US would look to the negotiations with Libya during the early 2000s when dealing with North Korea. Pence was the one who threatened North Korea "end up" like Libya. Bolton made no such prediction or threat.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
How many times did NK cheat on past deals?

Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy
https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

Remember...

Clinton Approves a Plan to Give Aid to North Koreans

WASHINGTON, Oct. 18-1994 -- President Clinton approved a plan today to arrange more than $4 billion in energy aid to North Korea during the next decade in return for a commitment from the country's hard-line Communist leadership to freeze and gradually dismantle its nuclear weapons development program.
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/19/world/clinton-approves-a-plan-to-give-aid-to-north-koreans.html

hmm... i do like that kim went to south korea and had talks recently

watts

ohms
Veteran
The U.S. government does not want peace unless it's on their terms. South Korea and NK should handle this themselves and kick U.S. troops out of SK.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

what's the timing on this? I thought I heard a day or two ago that NK wasn't going to the summit :dunno: Kim Jong Un said so.......

I'm getting old, lack of sleep, but I know I heard that, or maybe did I dream it?

theJointedOne

Veteran
The title is misleading...how do we know for sure Trump canceled, maybe he got FIRED!!!!!

YA FIRED!!!!!

what a douche, and a disgrace to this country and its people

igrowone

Veteran
You forgot to mention that it started with Pence threatening NK with ending up "like Libya".

NK then issued a statement saying he was a"dummy" and that “We can also make the US taste an appalling tragedy it has neither experienced nor even imagined up to now.”

Typical how details like that tend to get swept aside in the rush to blame Trump. The blame should be on Pence, the shit stirring, trouble making traitor.

so Pence needs to fall on his sword?
seems to be the common apology in the Trump camp
i suspect this won't happen, Pence is the most 'loyal' acting of all the acolytes

Green Squall

Did anyone buy the Commemorative Trump-Kim Summit Coin? 20% off starting today. Get em' while you can for the low low price of $19.95!

Spaventa

Veteran

what's the timing on this by tRump? I heard 2 days ago that NK wasn't going to the summit :dunno: Kim Jong Un said so.......

Pence sabotaged the whole thing by effectively threatening NK with invasion.
He referenced Libya as an example in an attempt to hide behind Trumps advisor, who had referenced Libya but in no way threatened or insulted anyone. He simply said they would approach the talks in a similar way but in no way suggested a similar outcome, but Pence suggested NK would end up like Libya.
Trump had no choice because NK then made threats of their own in reply to Pence, and called Pence a dummy.
Pence wrecked the whole thing. Nobody else. He's not just a dummy though, hes a traitor.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
We're better off this way.

If he went there was a chance that he'd fuck it up so bad that the rockets go in launch mode.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Typical how details like that tend to get swept aside in the rush to blame Trump. The blame should be on Pence, the shit stirring, trouble making traitor.[/FONT]

You mean Mike Pence, the guy donnie hand-picked? That "shit stirring, trouble making traitor"? LOL!:laughing:

Spaventa

Veteran
You mean Mike Pence, the guy donnie hand-picked? That "shit stirring, trouble making traitor"? LOL!:laughing:

Yes. You do know what "traitor" means don't you?

Anyway, he wasn't Trumps choice because Trump knew Pence is a war mongering sell out - If it wasn't for Paul Manafort, Pence VP and this crap wouldn't have happened.
Trump had to pick Pence or he would have never been selected by the Republicans. Pence was a necessary evil.

Spaventa

Veteran
so Pence needs to fall on his sword?
seems to be the common apology in the Trump camp
i suspect this won't happen, Pence is the most 'loyal' acting of all the acolytes

No not at all. Your post is just rhetoric. Seems to be a common tactic in the anti Trump camp.

igrowone

Veteran
No not at all. Your post is just rhetoric. Seems to be a common tactic in the anti Trump camp.

i don't like Trump
but i think the point stands, Pence has been utterly obedient - seemingly
if he's a real deal traitor, well that's cause for him to move on
mostly, i don't know what to make of this twilight zone episode
other than i wish to hell to wake up

iTarzan

I can still remember all the productive meetings Obama had with NK. And how much he did to make the world safe from them. He was special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts