What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 x Malawi Fems

Cantharellus

A5M5 37 days. This one I just took a clone from. It was weak from the start and I was gonna pass it by but It is looking like a longer flowering haze type as Sammy stated.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.JPG
    IMG_1171.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 17

Cantharellus

Hello S been super busy and haven't put the attention to these that I would like but at this point I think I am far enough along to give my impressions on the indoor side of things.

All 5 have now finished and are in jars. I had multiple power outages and some high temps and these only tossed a couple of bananas on 2 out of 5 so I thought that was pretty good. I have tried 4 out of 5 and only number 4 had a hint of the haze. It is also the best as far as high goes. I expect number 5 to have the most haze flavor. They all finished rather quick at around 90 days and the buds ranged from fairly tight #3 to calyxes on a stick #1. Unfortunately it appears the malawi is dominant in this one. Numbers will have to be ran to find something haze like IMO. I still have hope for #5 . The cross needs to be the opposite but that cat hasn't been let out the bag yet I guess. In a fem version of anything virtually every plant should be a keeper IMO. I didn't find that to be the case here but if someone ran 15 or 20 of these I would think a brain blaster would pop out. In todays world you can get away with loose bud but the terps have to be there and while the Malawi is a good looking plant and has some power, the flavor leaves much to be desired IMO and 3 out of 5 have it. I have pictures of the plants at harvest and will take some bud shots and post them up. I am just going to make some dry sift when its -30 this winter and I think that is going to be a pretty good ride and am looking forward to it. I am going to runs some of the nevils soon and will post them up.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I agree with you 100% about the terps in malawi dom phenos. I am curious about what you will find in the NevHz/Malawi cross.
Ive just tried 2 pheno’s of the A5/Malawi cross myself, 1 very Malawi dom, richer in trichomes and very long lasting stoney effect but a bit dull tbh
The other was completely different, very Haze dom so richer terps and very potent giving a pleasant high, trippy twist to it but more friendly compared to straight up A5.
Thanks for yr feedback, very much appreciated!
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts