What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

kushedy

Believe it or not I was on the verge of buying some of JW’s C99. I actually have the envelope here sealed containing Canadian dollars because I can’t get money orders in my country.
I raised the issue with the thread activity & stock levels & then let that go. On the day I was about to send of an order I saw LostTribes comments.

Its all very well you saying I’m making out something that doesn’t exist but it clearly does.
I’m going to make this as simple as possible for all to understand.
LostTibe has been very vocal about how great JW’s C99 as have all the people you listed. LostTribe went as far as saying it’s the real deal, legit etc & the one to buy.
“[FONT=&quot]joey weed is 100 % certainteed! Verified Pure.” His words not mine. There’s a lot more where that came from. [/FONT]

He then let’s slip that there will be a real deal, legit etc etc version released in seed form later this year.
[FONT=&quot]Originally Posted by LostTribe [/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cinderella does not taste or smell of cerveza.

Expect an old school C99 release before the end of the year.[/FONT]

Now its one or the other surely. The obvious implication from that comment would be that JW’s & any other C99 is not the real deal legit etc etc, & hold on to your socks for whatever LostTribe is talking about being released further down the line, possibly his own release? I don’t think he meant to imply that publicly at least as that contradicts his posts to date but he appears to have stuck in foot in his mouth. Is it that wrong to ask for an explanation?

Now if I had to bet on one being legit, believe it or not I would go with JW over LostTribe simply as he has been at it longer.

I’ve asked the question on two threads that LostTribe regularly frequents for some clarity & not had a response. Instead I’ve had some of the people you listed make some guesses & try to brush it under the carpet. When I pushed further scrappy tried to make me out to be some sort of nut or conspiracy theorist. I actually saw that coming, it was that obvious that I actually addressed it before scrappy said it & he/she still went down that route.

Chances are if certain people would have left alone I probably would have let sleeping dogs lie but, certain people went on the attack to cover for someone. Sorry that doesn’t wash where I come from.
Maybe LostTribe has a good explanation. Maybe he’s trying to cash in on the C99 gold rush. I don’t know.
Either which way don’t try & pretend I’m making this up or it doesn’t exist. It clearly does. The quotes are above.

kushedy

Beta you were racist towards me & were upset when I had the gaul to stand up for myself & point this out.

Your answer to open logic debate was to call anyone who’s views you didn’t like a racist. I see nothing has changed here.

kushedy

kushedy is an alt-right islamaphobe conspiracy theorist. If you think you're going to logic him into taking a reasonable stance on anything, you're gonna have a bad time.

[FONT=&quot]You want to turn this into a race hate discussion again why don’t you choose an appropriate thread. [/FONT]

beta

Veteran
Beta you were racist towards me

Your answer to open logic debate was to call anyone who’s views you didn’t like a racist.

lol_ricky_gervais.gif

kushedy

All chuckles now maybe but when we were discussing someone, who I pointed out that I didn’t even know anything about or support being fitted up by the establishment in the UK & an issue with a Religious group in the UK you were desperate to make it about skin colour & nothing else.
You played the race card over & over. When called out you spat out your dummy & disappeared.

Funny thing is not long after you & some of your other skin colour enthusiasts left there was an open & honest conversation between people of all races & religions.
Is that why you are so upset. Because white people & coloured people got along when you left the conversation.
You want to continue this by all means we can discuss further at the appropriate thread. Stop trying to gain support by jumping in on a non-related argument.

IntotheGreen

Lordy... If I wanted accusations of racism/counter-racism and conspiracy theories I would go argue with Trumpers on Twitter. Could we maybe get back on topic here?

Kushedy - the simple answer here if it really matters that much to you is PM LostTribe or wait for him to respond in one of the threads. My best GUESS atm would be that he was either talking about his own version of Cindy, or, seeing as the post in question was in the Grimm comeback thread, more likely he is talking about the next release from them. It seems that along with the purple/non-"old school" phenos that popped up in the prior Grimm release that there are also some that are more inline with the classic Cindy. It is therefore possible/likely that they have heard the feedback and will remedy the issue (use a different male) in their next release. I'm pretty sure LostTribe has met Soul, so maybe he knows something. Again, the easiset thing to do would be wait for him to respond. But if his word really means that much to you, he's already declared Joey's gear to be legit, as has everyone else on this thread, so... Maybe do some research of your own - Google around, check out Soul's Instagram, etc. Maybe we can get back on topic in the meantime?

redlaser

Veteran
kushedy, if you were aware of JW as a company for the last 5-10 years you would find it laughable that there was even a serious effort at marketing them. Very slow moving project it seems.

Lost tribe may have the answers you seek, it seems he is the source of the questions.
As the self anointed “ go to expert on c99”, he should have an idea anyway.

kushedy

Lordy... If I wanted accusations of racism/counter-racism and conspiracy theories I would go argue with Trumpers on Twitter. Could we maybe get back on topic here?

Kushedy - the simple answer here if it really matters that much to you is PM LostTribe or wait for him to respond in one of the threads. My best GUESS atm would be that he was either talking about his own version of Cindy, or, seeing as the post in question was in the Grimm comeback thread, more likely he is talking about the next release from them. It seems that along with the purple/non-"old school" phenos that popped up in the prior Grimm release that there are also some that are more inline with the classic Cindy. It is therefore possible/likely that they have heard the feedback and will remedy the issue (use a different male) in their next release. I'm pretty sure LostTribe has met Soul, so maybe he knows something. Again, the easiset thing to do would be wait for him to respond. But if his word really means that much to you, he's already declared Joey's gear to be legit, as has everyone else on this thread, so... Maybe do some research of your own - Google around, check out Soul's Instagram, etc. Maybe we can get back on topic in the meantime?

A: agree with you entirely. Not the time & place but in my defence, I didn’t bring it to the table in a completely unrelated thread. Leaving that there.

B: What your saying may be right. I hadn’t messaged him directly as I initially thought he would just reply to the thread as he was quite active in both. Then I heard his response to someone else’s pm so didn’t bother pm’ing him.

The reason this has turned into a sh*t show is certain people have tried to make out that there was nothing for me to question in the first place & that I’m a liar or conspiracy theorist!

kushedy

kushedy, if you were aware of JW as a company for the last 5-10 years you would find it laughable that there was even a serious effort at marketing them. Very slow moving project it seems.

Lost tribe may have the answers you seek, it seems he is the source of the questions.
As the self anointed “ go to expert on c99”, he should have an idea anyway.

A: Dude you are jumping to the defence of someone who does need it. Again someone going off half cocked. JW is not my issue. What LostTribe is saying about JW is.

B: I don’t know his stock levels or how well they sell. For you to suggest seedbanks or breeders don’t market is crazy. Maybe LostTirbe can answer the questions. He must be aware by now.
It would make a refreshing change to the scooby gang calling me a liar or conspiracy theorist.

redlaser

Veteran
Not defending anyone.

Offering a perspective based on observations.

How you could interpret something I find laughable as “ jumping to the defense” of someone is a bit of a leap.

eyes

Veteran
That's ridiculously fast.

I've got 2 JW C99s in a green house this season and they are growing ridiculously slow. Is this normal?

NO. Thats not normal. Fom what I, recall they grew at a decent pace and leaves were even thinner than the Joeys being offered. Doesnt mean I dont think the Joey's are a good representaion, i bought a pack to see. Its just too hot to do any growin or poppin yet so it will have to wait.

getting back to the originals, yes they were tall, lanky and thinner leaves with a tropical smell that didnt smell like pot at all. Id walk in the room and be like, wow, that smells so opposite of any skunk weed ive grown up to that point. Definately a good stealthy weed. I dont remember it yielding at all but the buds were tight not rock hard but really good. Orange hairs, too. I knew these were the real deals cause they came from the bros themselves and I ordered packs from HS as well.

Heck most of their stuff was good except the green giant or the ww they offered. Igemars was the ww you wanted and unfortuately, I didnt make seed, Their matuska thunderfuk was resinous as all hell but was preflowering under 18/6

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
^ sorry, are these from the recent release or from the old joey weed stock from back in the day?
I was always interested in the ak47 so was tempted to try then since they are back up

IntotheGreen

^ sorry, are these from the recent release or from the old joey weed stock from back in the day?
I was always interested in the ak47 so was tempted to try then since they are back up

These are F3 seeds that I made from the 2017 Joey beans - pretty much indistinguishable from pre-hiatus JW C99.

vajra

Hey Into the Green

I am wondering how your f3s are doing? Do they show more variation than the JW f2s you grew? Are they right in line with the f2s?

Thanks for taking all the time with this topic like you did. You have put my mind at ease with these seeds, and I am ordering some. Always wanted to taste the Cindy. My first chase was Kali Mist, which I have grown for more than a year (worth it!) and Mango Haze, which is going to fill my tents this winter. But c99 seems to so fast that i could probably harvest her before my cuttings of Mango Haze are put into flower!

LostTribe

Premium user
You're reading too much into this.

Joey's stuff is the best out there currently and will remain the best unless someone is able to fem a clone from original stock/GN03 (slight chance but who knows how that will do), pops a large amount of beans that are old as fuck with a low germ rate (very, very slight chance) or a continuation of the line by an unknown grower that preserved all the original phenos but kept other traits from creeping in (.000000001 % chance).

People's opinions and viewpoints change if they experience something counter to what they've said before.

Look for the fluffy more indica stuff, shit tastes top notch and the vibe is exceptional.

I see I may have started a street fight!!!! Woooooo!!!!

Gentlemen with regards to any previous mention of new release I was completely blazed off of many different varieties of c99 when I may have posted that. That may come to fruition but for the time being. JW if still available is a nice cindy definitely for the money. I had 2 girls out of the first pack the rest were males but also 2 died in summer heat unattended in start of veg with high temps.

I am not checking in regularly there is plenty of info in my c99 comeback thread and other threads here to make your own decision.

Best,
LT

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

Last edited:

Happy Times

JW C99 only available at the Depot? Thinking to give her a run in the backyard next summer. I ran Nirvana NL this summer, nice plant but I need some sativa in the portfolio!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ LostTribe what are your latest thoughts on who has the better C99? Also the Haze x C99 cross compared to just C99.

I went with the Joey C99 and have two in veg. Very slow to take off from seed. Once they get to around 3 weeks they get going ok. Have some Peak C99 seeds too.

Latest posts

Latest posts