What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
6 weeks in Sfv OG. Only spits the 5 leaves occasionally and that's in flower. Never grown her outdoors but I think she throws more 5s outside. She def is hard to root but just have to be patient with her and take very healthy cuts. Usually 3-4 weeks she takes to root. Not near the caliber of run I want to give her but it was a mom so I got rid of it and started a new one. Very lanky and viney and needs major support in flower. Lemon pinesol skunk is best way I can describe it smell intoxicating. Love it and glad to have it

View Image
View Image
View Image

Looks nice but the fact that she only throws 5 fingers in flower is a common rumor ppl say about almost every og.... Up ya veg feed they all throw 5s... Give ya mom some veg time she will snap out of the 3finger funk if u keep taking clones prior she will keep it up longer..yielding less each run.. I've personally seen bigger healthy 5finger cuts out yield 3fingers by damn near double.. One of my tips to get og to yield .big cuts off big healthy moms... Next run let your mom grow out the yield will go up crazy....

Looks nice but the fact that she only throws 5 fingers in flower is a common rumor ppl say about almost every og.... Up ya veg feed they all throw 5s... Give ya mom some veg time she will snap out of the 3finger funk if u keep taking clones prior she will keep it up longer..yielding less each run.. I've personally seen bigger healthy 5finger cuts out yield 3fingers by damn near double.. One of my tips to get og to yield .big cuts off big healthy moms... Next run let your mom grow out the yield will go up crazy....

Appreciate the info brother. Yea I'm def not real proper with OG as they are just coming to me finally. She does spit out 5s in veg when she's been veg a while. This one I have going now had many 5s on it I can't remember if lot came in veg or flower. I have to get me a cloner where I can take big cuts cus the ones I take have to be small to fit in the space I clone in. Would it be pointless to take a big cut and cut it down to the size I need to root it?

ya I've always had the same problem as everyone else!!!! Clones end up growing mold or some sort of fungus on them before they start to root!!! Are all OG's hard to clone in that way or just a couple strains of OG'S!!! Or anyone have a fool proof way of cloning OG'S that works great for them

it seems most legit OG is a longer time to root regardless of methods....with OG strains i always take 4 cuts minimum but often more and earliest / strongest roots becomes new mom

patience and dedication rewards those who wait :)

most people dont stay up on clone enviornment, Ph, humidity, bacteria, water changes in cloners, etc.

also make sure mother is green and healthy ....woody purple stems do not like to root nearly fast as healthy bright green ones

Yea last time it took me 21 days to root the Sfv OG. This time with much healthier mom and healthy cuts got one to root in 9 days. Good tip @vaperbong I will use that one the rooted for the new mom. Ghost OG will be coming to me today :) can't wait for that one

2ppl

I just cloned some sfv and gsc forum cut in a clone dome. I put about 20 clones in each dome. I tried two different water solutions. One was 250ppm on a 500 scale of clonex solution and the other was 2ml of heavy 16 bloom a&b, root excel 1ml, superthrive 1ml, and both were dipped in clonex gel. Some cuts were cut 45 degrees, some straight and some were scored 1/2" on the bottom of two sides and some were with no scoring of stem with just the straight cut.

The one with only clonex solution with clonex gel rooted(nubs on bottom of stem) in 9 days and the other solution rooted in 10 days. 45 degrees and straight cut have no differences . Scoring the stem played no role either. The one that was scored had more brown "rot" than the unscored ones. Both solution of nutes works, I think any kind of nute would work. I had 95% success rate with sfv and only 70% success rate with gsc( these bitches are hard to clone for me). My room temp is 77 and rh was50. I did not mist my dome, since the rh was good in the room. I leave the vent on the clone dome open day 2 , completely open. None of my clones drooped , perky as heck. Only one or two of my sfv clones leaves turned yellow at day 14(day I transplant). Healthy as heck. My gsc didn't fare as well. Had some bottom leaf yellowing out. I take only strong cuts that have 4-5 fan leaves(internodes). I do not remove the bottom internodes or leaves. I only trim the bottom fan leaves and not the top. Removing the bottom fan leaves is a Nono!!! The more leaves and internode u have the faster they will root. Leaves = roots!!! Like Stoney stated, take big strong cuts... Shitty cuts will give u shitty plants. Top colas are the best. Bottom cola will usually give u smaller plants. Try it out, take a top cola and a bottom smaller cola, the smaller cola clone will almost never grow as vigorous as the top cola clones. If ur room rh is below 35, I would mist the dome only and not the plant. I cloned the sfv last time win my room rh being 20 and the clones drooped and curled and never really recovered from it.

Here's a pic of one of the sfv at day 7.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 55

DemonTrich

Veteran
^^^
Your over thinking it. Cloning is sure easy and no nutes needed.

Tap h20 nothing else
6.0ph
Rooting gel

11 days and I'm up potting from my aero cloner.

2ppl

I don't have an aero cloner, but I have seen it kicks ass, rooting in 6 days or so. I'm a bit cheap, So I just use a cheap clone dome. I have used just plain ph water and that works too , a lot slower when I use it in the clone dome. But if u have the cash , I would def recommend the aero cloner, kicks ass!!

DemonTrich

Veteran
Complete 25 site on amazon for 68.00. Been using one for 4 yrs now.

What I was trying to say is all you need is water and cloning gel, no nutes. Waste of money.

2ppl

Here's a pic of the sfv mother that I flipped, was hoping for a decent yielding og cut, haha, a man can only dream! This pic is day 31

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 60

2ppl

Demon, I'll try just water again, I still will use the cloned solution, I have a full bottle left! Lol! I agree with u , aero cloner is the best! Someday I might even fork over the few bucks and get a few!

2ppl

Complete 25 site on amazon for 68.00. Been using one for 4 yrs now.

What I was trying to say is all you need is water and cloning gel, no nutes. Waste of money.

Yah I figured water or anything would be fine, still have a whole bottle of the clonex solution left. Maybe some day I might even get a aero cloner. Good to have it in the arsenal incase I need things to root in 6 days. Thanks demon!

LostTribe

Premium user
I am gonna bloom one of these soon so I will definitely put some nug shots up when they are ready. Running low on the SFV still got about a zip...

2ppl

Darealkingjames, nice pic of ur ladies, what's ur set up like? How long r u vegging them for and how do u train them(how many tops u going for, lst etc) how many under a light? I'm planning to veg them for 6 weeks and hopefully be able to top them at least 2 times and hopefully 3, I like to stop topping 2 weeks before flip. Give them some time to mature and get a little more branchy. I will be using tomato cages. This is the first time with sfv. I got a few teens that didn't make the flower room from a buddy that I flipped to test the waters. He topped it once and end up with 6-7 colas. Most of the lower colas kinda caught up to the main cola, I flipped those teens about 18"-26" and the stretch is about 50-100%. I was expecting a little more stretch. I heard that sfv is prone to pm , not sure if it's true. So far no pm issues yet. My day rh is 65-70 and temp is 82 ambient . Night rh is in mid 70s temp 72. Co2 tanks.

Lost tribe , post a pic of ur ladies in veg when u have the time.

Darealkingjames, post an update bro!

Sfv OG in veg for about 6 weeks from when clone was planted. Already spitting out 5s

XFoyAVil.jpg

pR7oq8jl.jpg

Me I always only top once and train from there to build my canopy. I will supercrop and to make them stronger. Usually veg for 60 days then flower. Never ran a whole light of this so don't have any numbers like that.

Bluto

just cracked Cannarados Ogeisel X SFV, guess its a bx. I wonder if the Ogeisel is a feminized mom? seems weird.

2ppl

Ur ladies looking healthy! U got quite a few nice colas there from just topping once! Good job man. My buddy just chopped his and he also veg for 8 weeks ish . He got some damn big colas for an sfv. The width x length of his cola is approx 3"x4" (top connecting part)stacking nice as heck . I was amazed, cuz mine looks like it's gonna be weak as heck , tho I only veg for 6 weeks. Dude told me he is only pulling 1-1.5per light , I was shocked , his two lighter looks at least 4 lbs total. But it does smell damn nice tho. keep the pics coming darealkingjamea!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Latest posts

Latest posts