What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Try This Man , This Sh*ts Killer!" Man Allegedly OD's On Pot Edibles

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
File Under : Unlikely

DENVER (CBS4) – The family of a Tulsa man who shot himself Saturday night in Keystone is blaming his suicide on his ingestion of edible marijuana candies.

“It was completely a reaction to the drugs,” Kim Goodman said about her son Luke’s Saturday night suicide.
Luke Goodman’s death is now the third death in Colorado linked to marijuana edibles.

The 23-year-old college graduate was in the midst of a two-week ski and snowboard vacation with family members. Saturday afternoon he and his cousin, Caleb Fowler, took a bus from Keystone to Silverthorne where Fowler says they bought $78 worth of edibles and marijuana.

Read More:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/03/25/marijuana-edibles-blamed-for-keystone-death/

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i ate a buncha brownie bites last night. i was dead...asleep.

ZOMEHGERD!
s-ERMAHGERD-MEME-large.jpg

49919596.jpg

File Under : Unlikely

DENVER (CBS4) – The family of a Tulsa man who shot himself Saturday night in Keystone is blaming his suicide on his ingestion of edible marijuana candies.

“It was completely a reaction to the drugs,” Kim Goodman said about her son Luke’s Saturday night suicide.
Luke Goodman’s death is now the third death in Colorado linked to marijuana edibles.

The 23-year-old college graduate was in the midst of a two-week ski and snowboard vacation with family members. Saturday afternoon he and his cousin, Caleb Fowler, took a bus from Keystone to Silverthorne where Fowler says they bought $78 worth of edibles and marijuana.

Read More:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/03/25/marijuana-edibles-blamed-for-keystone-death/
How about: "File under: total rubbish"

Sadly these people died, but not due to overdose of Cannabis, it's simply due to being high and doing stupid things.

That's like saying a drunk driver who dies in a crash died from an overdose of alcohol. Or a person who kills themselves while drunk died from an overdose of alcohol. Both claims would be total rubbish.

I feel bad for his mom, but she's just looking for a scapegoat - something to blame besides her son (who is the only one responsible for what he did).

JRace

The 23-year-old college graduate was in the midst of a two-week ski and snowboard vacation with family members.
When family members left the condo Goodman refused to join them. After they left he got a handgun that he typically traveled with for protection, and turned it on himself.

Who the fuck takes a hand gun on a family ski trip?

I mean, sure where I am uo North the ski hills are pretty tame and stuff, and my family vacations are generally pretty boring, but down there do you really need to be armed on family ski trips?

So sad, especially for the family.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

I take one everywhere I go except doctors appointments, the pharmacy, and into the courthouse to pay bills/fines...I also have my toolbox in the truck everywhere I go. a pistol is just another tool that you hope you never have to use, but one you do not want to be caught without if you really need it. to tell you the truth, I'm going to start taking it with me to the pharmacy now as well. I have been accosted twice leaving mine by people wanting to know what I had "scored" in there. WTF?! after the last trip, my pharmacist got robbed, and HE is carrying too. just another tool in my box, brother...:tiphat: I feel for the family, but it aint the pistols fault that he was a congenital moron. if he had jumped out a 15th floor window, what would we be talking about?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“He was the happiest guy in the world. He had everything going for him.”

It seems that people described as above are the most unstable. The happiness is fake, an act if you will, to mask the underlying dissatisfaction with life, in general.

I gave a friend a cookie. He ate it and siad it had no effect. I gave him another, then another, then another... until he had ingested 7 cookies. He got fucked up and was talking incoherently then went outside for something. He decided he was going to pass out in his car. According to what he said... he opened the car door, lifted one foot to get in & passed out on the ground.
He was found lying curled up on the ground dead... asleep.

We laugh about it today & homie is way more cautious with edibles.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I mean, sure where I am uo North the ski hills are pretty tame and stuff, and my family vacations are generally pretty boring, but down there do you really need to be armed on family ski trips?

So sad, especially for the family.

Your better off having it & not needing it than needing it & not having it.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Your better off having it & not needing it than needing it & not having it.

Pretty sure the kid in the story would of been better off without it

As a gun owner I have to agree that bringing a handgun to a vacation in Summit County is pointless to the point of being stupid.(as demonstrated in the story) The only real chance of use is misuse, something responsible gun owners go out of our way to prevent. Common sense is as powerful as any tool.

IMHO irresponsible gun owners are a bigger threat to our 2nd amendment rights than any single politician

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where's waveguide?
What's the possibility that these deaths were all the result of events beyond the victims controls?

I see this article as two fold.
#1 Is for the express purpose of blacking the eyes of cannabis legalization.
#2 Is for the express purpose of blacking the eyes of responsible gun owners.

As with the previous cases, this dude was, more than likely, already looking for a way out of this world previous to the ingestion of cannabis edibles.

ECtraveler

Veteran
C'mon MJ you're seriously looking for conspiracies in EVERYTHING.. Sometimes a story is just a story. Suicides done in that manner spark interest thus they become news. Always have, especially on a Wednesday which is a notoriously slow news day

*I do think the mom is being hysterical and attempting to shift the blame but I can't fault the news for reporting what sells. Even if disagree with it's content.

Last edited:

vostok

Veteran
Someone close blew him away as he was pissing the locals off ....I never heard of anyone high, shooting themselves

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Someone close blew him away as he was pissing the locals off ....I never heard of anyone high, shooting themselves

he didn't kill himself because he was high, he killed himself because he was mentally unstable. he just happened to be high..."pre-disposed" i think they call it.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
We need to remember to be careful believing everything we read in the media. How many times have they been found cooking up stories. Could be true, sad if it is, not an overdose though.

DarthFader1

Veteran
It blows my mind how you Americans think it's perfectly normal to carry handguns around wherever you go. Newsflash morons, THAT IS NOT NORMAL.

Ive never even seen a proper handgun in real life, do you know why? Because the country i live in has zero handguns (infact you cannot even own a handgun unless you are military or police or extremely exceptional circumstances) Heck, even the police do NOT carry guns on them in my country in regular duty.

Bunch of wacked out wackos carrying fucking handguns around like its normal.. WTF. And you wonder why so many murders in your country.

Such a disgrace and i don't care if you hate me for saying that its completely ridiculous the way you all think

Useful Idiot

Veteran
It blows my mind how you Americans think it's perfectly normal to carry handguns around wherever you go. Newsflash morons, THAT IS NOT NORMAL.

Ive never even seen a proper handgun in real life, do you know why? Because the country i live in has zero handguns (infact you cannot even own a handgun unless you are military or police or extremely exceptional circumstances) Heck, even the police do NOT carry guns on them in my country in regular duty.

Bunch of wacked out wackos carrying fucking handguns around like its normal.. WTF. And you wonder why so many murders in your country.

Such a disgrace and i don't care if you hate me for saying that its completely ridiculous the way you all think
No hating you for your opinion at all. The issue here in the states is that the criminals have guns....they go around doing home invasions...shooting up movie theaters...restaurants ect. Our constitution allows us to bear arms as lawful citizens....and the ability to not become a statistic at the hand of an armed criminal who has ill intent.

I know that it is different where you are....but if some armed thugs were about to harm you and your family....and someone was there that legally owned a firearm and stood up and saved you and your family's life...you would have a different perspective.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have had over 1000 shootings this year, if this was in my city this idiot wouldnt even be on the news ha.

Latest posts

Latest posts