What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boomer's 2012 Guerilla Grow! Northeast : 40N

Boomer89

Ya I have seen them as well.. Really, the sky is the limit with outdoors, you can really pull off some MONSTERS.

Out of 10gals, id hope they'd grow about 7'.. However, I am probably gonna snip em to keep them low. Idk yet, maybe i'll tie a few over or something.

Either or, I am shooting for 2oz's per plant. Attitude kind of fucked me, I received my seeds but only got 2 freebies. 1 fem super silver and 1 fem cheese.

22 plants total boys. I wanna see a harvest of 10.

glockdoc

thanks guys. it is really awesome and inspirational. i wouldnt doubt 7' plants with a good soil mix in a ten gallon pot at all. how many hours of sun light do u think u need to get 2 zips per plant??

warthog

Nice man, I ordered some Brain Damage and PPP myself, never ran either. About 42 N here :wave:

ive grown out nirvanas ppp.. great strain! shes a fast finishing sativa with ranging phenos.. mostly a stable hybridized cross with a more stretchy structure to show the sativa in it but the stalks are real nice a strong so buds all the way down the stems. finishes around late september/early october and has a really nice lemony floral scent. great day time smoke for sure! shes a nute hog when it comes to veg so fix that soil real nice!

good luck boomer!!:tiphat:

glockdoc

ive grown out nirvanas ppp.. great strain! shes a fast finishing sativa with ranging phenos.. mostly a stable hybridized cross with a more stretchy structure to show the sativa in it but the stalks are real nice a strong so buds all the way down the stems. finishes around late september/early october and has a really nice lemony floral scent. great day time smoke for sure! shes a nute hog when it comes to veg so fix that soil real nice!

good luck boomer!!:tiphat:

hows she handle mold? thats my biggest concern is mold. i wouldnt want to go to the spots to shake the water off the plants every single rain fall, so a highly mold resistant strains would be all i would buy.

warthog

she fairs well with mold. the biggest fungal problem with her is pm so just make sure you hit her with preventative sprays.. ide still shake dem buds off though if it does ran:)

glockdoc

she fairs well with mold. the biggest fungal problem with her is pm so just make sure you hit her with preventative sprays.. ide still shake dem buds off though if it does ran:)
thanks for the info. how many hours of direct sunlight did they see? what did u see for yield?

warthog

they got about ten hours of direct sunlight and they yield is high. one of the bigger yielding phenos i had was in a 5 gallon pot lst was 8 ounces..and the same pheno in the ground pulled 20.. with proper techniques and proper staking(her branches are very strong but staking is necessary because of her heavy buds) could pull lb+ in a guerilla garden easily.. i could only imagine her weight in a med garden. ill definitely be growing this plant again she was a great sativa and ide love to pick out keeper phenos.. i grew nirvanas btw.

glockdoc

they got about ten hours of direct sunlight and they yield is high. one of the bigger yielding phenos i had was in a 5 gallon pot lst was 8 ounces..and the same pheno in the ground pulled 20.. with proper techniques and proper staking(her branches are very strong but staking is necessary because of her heavy buds) could pull lb+ in a guerilla garden easily.. i could only imagine her weight in a med garden. ill definitely be growing this plant again she was a great sativa and ide love to pick out keeper phenos.. i grew nirvanas btw.
dam 20oz and 8 oz are both great great numbers good shit. i need to find a nice long well lit spot. ill def keep this strain and ur comments in mind. thanks for the input. about how big of an open is 10hrs of direct sun u think?

warthog

i had another late finisher monster sativa in a 20 gallon that yielded 8oz.. i transplanted her late otherwise she would have been nice... try to get out of a swamp plot too.. the only reason i lost to mold was because of the plot.. but the big girl got no mold because she was in a plot with a river and tall grassy plain. and an open spot,, just think of a field or something but stay close to the tree line.. river areas are good especially if flowing east to west or vice versa cause than you could plant on the north side of the river so you get sun all day.. i try to shoot for plots with direct sun meaning no trees at all blocking out potential sun for your gals. im also lucky enough to have great plant coverage within the plots..bushes, tall nettles, weeds..etc

here was the big gal at 2-3 weeks flowering..tops reached 10-12 feet
wkoewx.jpg

2vv2kvq.jpg

KroNik224

look for burned piles of trees and dead brush of controlled burns.
plant semi close to these areas.this eliminates the need to cut trees.
also reduces chance of any "official"person going to that area again
for long time at least on foot.from the air they just look for burn hazards.
thats my 2cnt's.gl brutha

hamstring

Veteran
Hey bro I'm an old guerrilla grower at 42 deg north and if I had to pick a spot it would be the swamp too. I am wishing you luck on your strain choices because I have some strain choices this year that dont fit into the northern climate envelope either.
I really think you should visit UDG they are a bunch of canucks who know their sheeet. Many strains breed exactly for you are looking for. I recommend any northern guerrilla set up an account there and ask around you will learn a bunch on growing and strains. I have grown 4 or 5 strains from UDG and they have it all mold resistance, yield, structure and many done by Sept 15th and most by first week of Oct.

Good luck to you.

Green Sky

Cool Boomer!

Sounds like you got the seeds. Hope they are all sprouting for you.

I also am going to the SWAMP for my "stealth" grows. I have scouted for the past few years, and pretty much feel that as long as it doesn't flood, the high spots in old Beaver ponds are good. So many cattails and brairs up here, it's like Constantine wire and stockade fence.

I got Several bales of Promix - the small ones - only like $2 apiece and easy to transport. I plan on diggin 1o gallon holes, and using 50/50 soil with Promix.

My girls are/ will be ready in the next few weeks, and will be moved at sunrise of the day.

I am also building Varmint Cages for my plants that will be in the "open" - 1# mesh cut into upside-down cylinders with flat, round tops to deter pre- harvesting :)

Slug repellant, and Neem are also in the works.

** My Genius/ Million $$$ idea though..... I am buying used Dear stands over the past few years, and putting them around my grows. :) :) :) @ 100 yards from my grows in the most Obvious places to deter foot traffic. Try that one next time you are worried @ poachers/ narcs ! :)