What's new

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

bigherb

Veteran
g13 haze was closest to any haze in the states bush docs ssh was som real deal also ocean 12 haze was somthin to tlk bout and maybe the most exotic haze ive tries was cambodian haze kinda soapy but just real diff som special .but as far as the majority its not even close no comparison with dam haze n us .many dutch haze strains hav a soapy smell n weak high.sweet haze n lemon skunk r the only two dna strains im not crazy about.cannalpoe haze is crack .

ur real cool mannnnnnn piffdaddy lov that name u got piff duuuude but we got that crack we got that we got that we got that crack

Last edited:
loyalty7 said:
philly pride i've went through your post and you got some pretty good strains going on there especially for this side of the coast, I'm pretty sure i asked this question before, i've tried to find anything that resembles piff, did your kalimist have any similarities. I'm from the bronx and been to the heights, practically grew up out there, I have grown out numerous strains and can't find anything to compare to that salty humid smelling piff. I have friend from mia and he says that the florida water gives it an extra on the taste don't know don't care to many myths. why wasn't there nothing out in amsterdam that came close to nyc piff. I've thought to buy bangi haze since they mention the insence, but as to other hazes or what everyone call hazes smell fruity like mangos. i got a bagseed from some b- haze{yes piff bagseed hermie} grew it out it hermied on about day 60 i finished it up but looked real land race and real airy. with there being so much piff up and down the west coast why can't someone say an exact strain.I've tried so many strains from bubba kush to chemdogxs.d and nothing could even come close to some real audoban haze.

Kali Mist is a killer a real deal super elite an excellent Sativa but not really close to the Piff, like I said before I believe the ones who grow the Piff really do have some old school Original Haze and are crossing it into everything under the sun that is why there are so many different pheno's, trust me bro anyone who has had the real uptown haze "the Piff" says it is the best they have smoked in their life. That is why I tried to ask Sam the Skunkman does he have any knowledge about the East Coast-NYC Hazes that have so many of us chasing the light, but I got no answer, but it has to be some sort of Heirloom Haze crossed with strains such as Big Bud for the Green haze, Northern Lights for the white haze, Who Knows for the Orange Haze and the Purple Haze most people who are on here trashing the haze have smoked the brown haze which is the most low grade of those out on the market as to say.

Bigherb-Bubba Kush is really close to nothing except itself, it really sits in a league all its own similar to the Haze, not as old as you may think just been around the block my wisdom is that of an old man, much respect to Sicily many friends lineage comes from their and have respect for the old country. The French Rivera is truly splendid didnt spend 10 days but I enjoyed myself also made it into Monaco and that was really the definition of old $$. Tired of the pissing match bro ready to call a truce, I think it is really hard to ? my character because I shoot from the hip, I truly am a stand up guy that is the only way I have been able to maneuver around in so many places and around so many different types of people, game recognizes game, my character has got me through doors that no amount of muscle or $$ can open. I will now back off, IC is here for information and positivity. I trash when I feel my credibility is being ??? all I have in this world is my word and my balls, lets keep it civil and better yet keep it green

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you mofo's broke out the gloves in this thread.
i will comment on what loyalty said.
i started growing to try nd find a strain similar to that uptown haze.
grown hundreds of strains since istarted.
some from seed, most what you would dub "elite" ctrains.
but til this day, nothing touches what i grew up on, not even close.
ill still swing thru the heights from time to time to copp just to smoke "that" shit.
so, after everything im growing, i still gotta pay for the same old haze out of the heights.
irony i tell you.

L

Lune TNS

Right now I'm smoking what I'm pretty sure is the green haze you guys are talking about - it's piff either way. Truely good herb, I'm almost sick of it since it's pretty much all I smoke in between harvests, but it's always there and damn it's always real good too. :joint:

Been waiting for a bagseed from this stuff for years now, it's gotta come eventually...

G

AND THE CHAMPION IS...RAINING ALL THE WAY FROM PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA PHHHIIIILLLYYY P....KNOCK OUT THE BOX KID :deadhorse :deadhorse :beat-dead :beat-dead :bat: :bat:

RoastedO

cocktail frank said:
you mofo's broke out the gloves in this thread.
i will comment on what loyalty said.
i started growing to try nd find a strain similar to that uptown haze.
grown hundreds of strains since istarted.
some from seed, most what you would dub "elite" ctrains.
but til this day, nothing touches what i grew up on, not even close.
ill still swing thru the heights from time to time to copp just to smoke "that" shit.
so, after everything im growing, i still gotta pay for the same old haze out of the heights.
irony i tell you.

Man some folks in this thread got me reminising..I used to spend alot of $$$$ on the A1. The name changes but the real deal stays.. As stated earlier and I've said it before, its out there. Maybe not exactly the same because of pheno variation but you can come damn close. Its the black that comes from the dirty, btw. Branson was a guy and Nawshis was right on there.. He had the lock on that golden poppy, aka da Branson. It was the 1, IMO. I've always hated puttin this info out. I can see in 6 months someone comin online that swears they have that Branson and are doing breeding.. People will jump on the bandwagon only to hear in 6 more months.. dude, im sorry, i just labeled it what it was given to me as..

I have grown out Afghan Haze and Mango Haze from Shanti, I also have a Nl/Pearl X Haze that dates back to 91. What I noticed from these is that Afghan Haze and the Nl/Haze both shared the same Haze parent in the equasion. Haze C. Mango Haze contains both Haze A and Haze C and is the closest to the real deal I have grown, add a mango taste tho. The MH was also the trickiest to grow for me. But all 3 have that funk, just MH has that extra that justifies how little it yields compared to the other 2 mentioned. The Nl/Pearl x Haze is one of the best yielding plants I have.
I read somewhere someone was saying that its probably not a Haze in NY because its commercially run. Look at it this way tho.. You can take a rooted clone of MH and put it directly into flower and 100 days later have a finished 6 ft monster. To run Bubba and get her 6 ft tall you would need atleast a 2 month veg. then follow that up with 60 days minimum flowering... 120 days.. So the reality is if your op is tuned for Haze you can get it rockin. Shantibaba once suggested growing Hazes under 600s because they don't like high light levels.. A friend told me that alot of the folks running Haze now are using T5 lights and just running the plants along under the bulbs as they stretch.

I think the A1 is out there in the beans.. We just gotta dig.. I got my shovel dirty...

All the best,
RO

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
There are 3 people I can call anytime and they'll bring it right to my apartment. 100$ 1/4. Every now and then I can't help it... Nothing like the smell when you first light it...

Nawshis

This was a good thread. Just a little nostalgia, that's all. I find it funny that some of the older Gods of wisdom would talk down of some for sharing stories or the quests that they had to go through to get their hands on some beautiful haze.

If I am wrong for that. I will apologize for not being 40 in the 90's with my own house to grow a plant in. Or that I didn't live in the middle of Pennsylavnia 5 minutes from a corn field to guerilla my shit.

We had to do regular shit that everyday NY'ers do to get their weed.

Last edited:

Nawshis

RoastedO said:
Man some folks in this thread got me reminising..I used to spend alot of $$$$ on the A1. The name changes but the real deal stays.. As stated earlier and I've said it before, its out there. Maybe not exactly the same because of pheno variation but you can come damn close. Its the black that comes from the dirty, btw. Branson was a guy and Nawshis was right on there.. He had the lock on that golden poppy, aka da Branson. It was the 1, IMO. I've always hated puttin this info out. I can see in 6 months someone comin online that swears they have that Branson and are doing breeding.. People will jump on the bandwagon only to hear in 6 more months.. dude, im sorry, i just labeled it what it was given to me as..

I have grown out Afghan Haze and Mango Haze from Shanti, I also have a Nl/Pearl X Haze that dates back to 91. What I noticed from these is that Afghan Haze and the Nl/Haze both shared the same Haze parent in the equasion. Haze C. Mango Haze contains both Haze A and Haze C and is the closest to the real deal I have grown, add a mango taste tho. The MH was also the trickiest to grow for me. But all 3 have that funk, just MH has that extra that justifies how little it yields compared to the other 2 mentioned. The Nl/Pearl x Haze is one of the best yielding plants I have.
I read somewhere someone was saying that its probably not a Haze in NY because its commercially run. Look at it this way tho.. You can take a rooted clone of MH and put it directly into flower and 100 days later have a finished 6 ft monster. To run Bubba and get her 6 ft tall you would need atleast a 2 month veg. then follow that up with 60 days minimum flowering... 120 days.. So the reality is if your op is tuned for Haze you can get it rockin. Shantibaba once suggested growing Hazes under 600s because they don't like high light levels.. A friend told me that alot of the folks running Haze now are using T5 lights and just running the plants along under the bulbs as they stretch.

I think the A1 is out there in the beans.. We just gotta dig.. I got my shovel dirty...

All the best,
RO

Well said,

Very interesting too the part about Hazes being grown under T5's. I was thinking about running a haze grow under 2 600 MH's only. However, I only have 6ft clearance where im at right now. Even a rooted clone will grow 6ft +. So I will have to hold that off til next time. But I am definitely going to try it. I just don't see how t5's alone can grow such an exotic strain

xOOx

Philly- tnx for the descrip. i think i get it now, wondering if its that painful narcotic though, where your legs hurt or you get shooting pains. some weed makes me feel pain more in my arms/legs and stuff, and i don't like that feeling at all. i would consider that bad weed, lol.

Nawshis- i grew mine under 3 t8 shoplights, MG dirt, no additional nutrients. that's it. the harshest environment you can imagine, heat, no air movement, etc. let me tell you, hazey phenos dont need bright light, i maintain one mom bonsai under a 13w CFL for over a year now, the original mom was sent to the slaughter. one can only imagine what she would do under an hps, fed plant crack juice 24/7. maybe the same thing, lol.

frank- you guys got the elite shit going on for sure, but i really think i may have this nyc strain you seek, or something very close. but there's always personal opinion, and how it effects you in the end. maybe in time you will magically find this strain you seek, wink.

i took a few pics this morning of the 2nd phase harvest only to get the temporarily disabled, grr. will post up when they fix that problem.

all i can give you guys some descriptions, and i know you really love to read about it, lol. the buds reek. lol. they smell of acid, rank, i want to say a little soury but maybe not, acidy rotten sweet grapefruit with a touch of some kinda greasey chemical, and a noseful of sweet funky 'let it stand on the counter' for a day and spoil pineapple juice. theres always the ode de skunk floating in the mix. but again, no pine tree. it smells like a reeking bag you'd bring home from the city.

the main plant stem when rubbed (which has been discarded now) smells of J&J baby shampoo. open a bottle of that and take a wiff, that's the stem odor on your fingers (kinda perfumey, kinda chemical, kinda weird unknown J&J top secret yellow#x). the buds are darkening, turning redder, and more golden. most if not all the white pistils have turned amber in the past 7 days of hanging. they are salted with trichomes, but not as much as those elites you guys are sporting.

she is ready to smoke, and will stone no problem. she smokes smooth, no throat burn, no cough, like sweet air. but nothing beats the cure for a little kick (it speeds up the creeper effect) and that menthol smell to come out.

the high i've been describing, is what i get consistantly from it, day in day out, no tolerance build, and from only 1-2 one hitters full. and it lasts a good hour an a half-2 hours, and fades away slowly, if you do it in the morning, you never feel quite clear and normal after its over (like you had some herb that day) until around dinner time. i haven't yet really gone over that much of a dosage since i've been smoking her, never smoked a J of it. there is no need. but friends have hit half and full regular j's and said it lasted 4 hours+ of being in the outer space dreamland. but i don't smoke like that. i'll 1 hit all day when i feel the requirement.

fix the pics ic!!

xoox

Last edited:

dj digigrow

great thread...
Park Slope / Sunset Park born and raised...
its funny cuz I thought my circle was the only people calling it church!..:)
149 and Broadway is where I used to cop from..
$400 an O...
never the same batch! even if I went back the same day...
most of the time it was moist/uncured, 1 time it even had like a mold smell to it ontop of the church...
anyways I never found a single seed in 100's of ounces over the years..
but then again I never had the chance to examine every bud.. it would be gone too quick..lol
a few years back High Times did an article about this dude in the BX who was growing a lot of the haze that went to W.H. , I didn't get a chance to read it though.. it was called "get rich or die trying"
and I have heard of tractor trailers bringing up from FL as well...
which is F*cked up because you can't find it out in fl..lol (where I'm at anyways)
anyway you put it that Uptown Haze, Piff, Green Crack or whatever you want to call it is in a league of its own..
but after a while I built a tolerance to it and switched to the northern lights, then Sour D, BlueBerry now some Strawberry Diesel... ;)
I like choices!..lol

on page 5 and this is really getting good. I'm a lover of the NYC haze. Bought some in downtown brooklyn. one tiny bud..probably barely a gram. that was some of the best tasting weed i ever had. And the high was phenomenal..very cerebral, had me floating and clear headed and a little bit tripped out. Even the comedown was great.

in addition..the haze i had was soo effing soft. Oh My Goodness..it was soo soft and fluffy and smelt so good, i have never come across any buds with that physical consistency. I would just squeeze that little bud, i even rubbed it against my face and wanted to cuddle with it. And it for sure was sticky as hell,couldnt crumble it at all. I was going to use my grinder but i decided to stick it in my one hitter pipe and smoke it. Such a great smoke, it was so cool and smooth..almost menthol like. Great memories n Great bud.

bigherb

Veteran
1 lov lets take em to church.

1 of the reason i started the ohaze thread was to find out if the frankies wat i kno to be the best haze ive eva smoked in my top 3 strains eva was to find out if it was possibly related to ohaze. ive also asked sam if he knew of the ny haze i described the frankies and got no respone but it didnt compare too original haze. the popcorns aka purplehaze had the most in common sweet n sour not limiting just taste. its got to be som heirloom haze caz the way they describe it i feel the same about the frankies aka top notch church. but the only time ive heard of catpiss is wit a ssh pheno.big book of buds mappin the palate had funeral as a description but neva had a strain wit the description. we call it church caz incense which we all kno but we call frankies caz frankincense burned at funerals n its the father of all piff.

nawshis i feel the same

lov to hear som 70's tokers who smoked ohaze comparison to our ohaze aka franks

Last edited:

xOOx

lol F.daddy, i'm telling ya, it's what i'm smoking. just with last nights sampler. i mean listening to music with all the distortion and echos, repetative beat or rythem standing out all of a sudden much louder then another sound, etc. like you hear a train horn way off in the distance, but there ain't no train anywhere. lots of auditory hallucinations. visual awake strobe light effect room filled with smoke like appearance. and then you kind of just blink out of it. into dreamland. dreaming away and then 2 minutes later the music starts playing again, or you just become aware of it, and you jump up and switch positions to just take that reality check.
but the music was playing the whole time, lol.

still feeling numb, floaty, but ok, and then another wave comes back at you, and your dreaming again. comes in waves, and builds to this point over time (creeper).

this is only one to two hits 1 hitters, i have a low tolerance to it, for sure. but this is probably require a bowls worth for the heavy hitters to feel that at least. im guessing here, maybe nobody has a tolerance to this one.

other commercial i've smoked thats looked much danker touches on this feeling lightly, but not strong enough to punch through to that dream zone for long a enough duration, or just fades away and doesn't allow you to go there. never quite makes it. but they've all been similar, you could see how with a larger dose it may make it, but i don't want to pound blunts all day for what i like. i always wind up going back to this one for what i need.

xoox

xOOx

just as an additional note! i've had commercial uptown pif that was so similar to this, same feelings, but sometimes a little more racy then i'd like if i smoked too much of it. that's why i never go over my 1-2 hits per go. weird things start to happen. maybe my tongue is very jumpy inside my mouth during the rise up, and i just cant keep it still in my mouth. lol. then the paranoid thoughts come out like im gonna have an epileptic seizure or something might pass by my mind, along with the heart attack. but that's only if i smoke too much of the piff. lol. maybe this stuff doesn't make sense, until you really feel the hurting of a strong haze thats been over done in a session. it really is an experience, sometimes very scary if you do too much of it at once. just like someone else mentioned, it's like trying to maintain composure during a bad trip.

xoox