What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MountainBudz Underground Lair

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Thanks everyone for subbing and stopping by my thread. I love the company very much!

Just want to put it out there that as of right now, I am not running any of the road kill skunk. Only the listed clones in my previous posts and seeds from GPS. I will however, in spring be working on the "Kentucky Road Kill" seeds. I hope to eventually start something with it and finally drift it off to sail into the big World for everyone to indulge... I have always wanted to get her "out there".

MountainBudz

The flip is near!

The flip is near!

Been a couple of days since an update...

Looking like I finally have that "growth explosion" I had been waiting on for so long. These girls have finally established a productive and full root zone and after the last feeding went insane!

I fed them 4 days ago, full strength AN sensi grow a&b, b52, voodoo juice, Epsom salts, recharge and cal mag... They absolutely loved it!

I had planned to flip today, however I did notice a slight phosphorous issue which I will correct before I flip. They have been getting much higher feedings through roots and foiliar of nitrogen and potassium and been very low on the phosphorus...

So day before yesterday I gave them a foiliar feed of Earth Juice Sea Blast Bloom which I believe has an NPK rating of 3-24-22... They have been responding extremely well to all of the supplemental foiliar feedings I had been administering and I suspect them respond just as well to that one. I have not checked on them since that spraying, gonna go see what's up today.

But in the meantime here are the photos most recent the day after the feeding... These gals have come a long ways!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is an example of why I love super cropping... You can see all of the once lower branches have now become and even canopy of dominant terminals... These are gonna be some bushy plants. Once I get the HIDs set up above them and and get the plants spread out some you will be able to get a better view of how well this super cropping technique works. I gotta keep them low and that Glue is stretching like a bitch!

picture.php

The little ones closing in on a goodbye to go on vacation to the veg room. Very soon at that. Hope to have my HIDs up by tonight!

picture.php

MountainBudz

In the super cropping photos disregard the yellowing in the leaves. That was corrected on the new growth after feeding a good dose of cal mag and epsom salts. All I am really dealing with now is a slight P deficiency.... Specifically on the 413 Chem and Headbangers.... Seen some of the issue on Corey as well.

Those purple stems you see goes a long with the P deficiency, like I said all along they have had feeding super low in P compared to other nutrients. They are getting all of their micro as well. So i am heading out very soon in the next few minutes to check up on them after they got that last high P foiliar feed. That will supplement them with what they are lacking temporarily until I throw them into flower in the next 2 or 3 days and give them a dose of nutes higher in the P department.

I plan on running Advanced Nutrients Sensi A/B, with a few AN additives, Mammoth P, Recharge, Cal-mag, maybe canna boost instead of the bud factor x, and a few other odds and ins.

In the other section of the room I may use a totally different nutrient than the Sensi A/B just to compare the outcome.

I would almost give in to ordering some flower dragon or bush load for those glues, to stop the stretch early on in flower. I don't have a whole lot of head room to work with, and don't mind a small dose of PGR to help with that...

But, there is a 98% chance so I won't use a PGR at all... So doubtful it will happen.

Likely gonna just makes individual scrog nets for each plant and definitely going to use LST.

Stay tuned folks.

MountainBudz

On another note, do you notice the color difference in the very first and second photo?

That's due to those T5 lights... For some reason in photos depending on how they are taken and at which angle can make the plants appear to have yellow leaves almost nitrogen deficient or some other problem, when really it is just the lighting.

:tiphat:

dc2569

high

high

Just wanna put it out there that in mid spring or so, I should have access to the local legend "Kentucky Road Kill Skunk" seeds.

If the old man get back up on his feet and gets them to me, I made an oath to never lose that strain again.

There is a Skunk that has been around here since the 80's that is straight fire. If it ever made it out to the general public people would lose their minds over its impact. A half gram inside of your vehicle for 5 minutes would raunch up your ride for an entire day, guaranteed.

It grows kinda medium to tall, with very light mint green skinny fingered leaves with deep, sharp serrations. Something that comes to mind when thinking about the leaves is Cinderella 99... Those double serrated sativa leaves and close to the same color. The yield is very heavy, the buds are huge but not extremely dense. There are 2 known phenos from the seed, one is what I just described and the other grows a bit shorter with wider leaves, leaning more indica and finished just only a couple weeks earlier. In my opinion and most everyone else's the first pheno I described is among every ones favorite.

Which bring a us to the odor... The best way I can possibly describe the nose on this wicked plant, is pure raw soured road kill skunk that has fermented in the hot sun for 3 days and then walking right past it on a humid hot Kentucky night. There is no "sweet" odor coming from this skunk, period. Not even with a cure, not even a note of sweetness. So it is definitely not like your modern dutch skunks. This is truest comparison of any skunk you will ever see. When you open the jar or squeeze a bud and take a whiff, the smell will bring on nausea pretty intensely and make your eyes water. I personally like the smell even though I get the watering eyes and nausea upon every inhale. The smoke tastes identical to the smell. The ONLY thing about this strain other than pure straight skunk spray, is that after a good cure you will get light notes of strong stout black coffee with a hint of burnt rubber in the background.

I have had many people inform me that if I ever released this Bluegrass Skunk to the public, that I would be living in fame. I known for a fact people would rave hard on it.... Which brings us to the next step and my purpose of bringing this up on my thread.

Once I am able to obtain the seeds this spring, I am gonna start working with with it. I am planning one day to release it to the public and spread these good old ancient Appalachian roots around to the people.

I purchased the last two packs of Nature Farms 1969 Hells Angel Open Pollination Skunk a couple of weeks ago and really excited to compare them to each other.

I am gonna work it hard once I get everything in order and in my favor. It will take time and I will document it when the time comes.

So lets keep this in mind folks... You would never find another strain like it. Guaranteed. It is known around here to make your eyes extremely blood red and even the best of clear eyes and visine can't help them. Its the only strain I have ever really toked that has had that kind of effect on me, to that level. It also gives an extreme facial warmth and no matter what is taking place around you, you'll have a half ass grin on your face at all times that does not fade away. The high has no ceiling whatsoever and its impossible to smoke this strain discreetly as she makes it known in all ways from the high to the odor, it is present if you have indulged. Euphoria is class A on her...

I just can't stop ranting about it because its just that damn good.

Well... Enough on that for now.

I am going to update my journal tonight. Stay tuned!

Thats one thing i love about the old classic skunk is the high. It reminds of some of my early days smoking for the first time everytime!!! Its almost like these old psychadelic strains you here people speak of. New strains just dont have the same affect. I am really interested in having some of my Appy tested to find out CBD content. I dont expect thc to be no higher than 17 to 18 percent. It may be even less, but i know i enjoy smoking this modest % more than any 25% out there. I would really love to contribute what i can to this project! I have put in more work with this strain than any other. When you truly know a strain inside and out like that, you can really put in the work it takes to preserve and move the strain forward with a positive impact genetic wise.

Michigan has a few strong skunky smelling strains floating around and has for years. There was one a few years back they were calling yeti, I don't think it's the same yeti clone that's floating around now but I could be wrong. I have a few of the old skunk, RKS or whatever you wanna call em going now. My grandfather was growing skunk back in the 60s and possibly earlier. But everything back then had a strong skunk smell to it. I know a guy that has masked a bunch of landraces together and it too smells like pole cat. I can't say this with any definite statement but I feel like "skunk" was the first strain of name put on cannabis. Any bud then that was fresh and grown halfway decent was called skunk bud. It was bred out because it stunk soo bad it made it easy for Leo to find. I feel like in the near future grocery stores and restraints will real of cannabis like the bid from yesteryear, and I for one can't wait lol Bring the funk back! I have 3 different old skunk strains going now as well as some other funky strains, I might make a journal just to be able to compare with others, but will be crossing and breeding towards the nastiest of the nasty! I love that people are growing the skunks and for funk again. We don't have to hide anymore!

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking good, I just got a couple cuts of the gg4 hopefully I can get them all rooted soon enough to throw a few in to flower.

I would avoid pgrs they kill the potency and medical efficacy.

I am going to have to read this thread from the beginning.

MountainBudz

Looking good, I just got a couple cuts of the gg4 hopefully I can get them all rooted soon enough to throw a few in to flower.

I would avoid pgrs they kill the potency and medical efficacy.

I am going to have to read this thread from the beginning.

Good hit on the GG4's... This is my first time running them as well. What I can tell you about them so far is that they are the stretchiest of all my clones thus far. For that reason, I know once I flip to 12/12 which today is last day of veg, I am keeping all of my gg4 under its own light because they are going to need the most training so they will stay low. Take my word for it, once those gals get rooted in good and form a solid root mass they explode almost like a landrace would. I am gonna have a few crowding issues anyway due to the number of plants I have in there and the short headspace. Good thing I have a veg room, I can always take what's need out and throw in there and use for mothers, if I have too...

Also, I am skipping on the PGRs... I have never used them before and don't wanna start now. I have used Humboldts new formula that they now have "Gravitation #10" that replaced the old "Gravity" that contained paclo... The new formula is all natural and mainly Kelp based I believe. Which kelp is known to reduce stretch. I use a lot of kelp anyway in my grows.

Thanks for stopping by my friend, I am gonna update with a few photos today. I was having issues venting my room at its maximum efficiency for the last few days, keeping the room cool was my biggest problem.. I now have that fixed and taken care of though, so its time to kick into gear and get to flowering these lovely ladies.

MountainBudz

Excellent canopy management. I'm in. :lurk:

Thanks man...

Still having a few issues as far as temp control goes.

Although I have figured out a way to keep the room as low as 69.9 degrees, I may have an issue at hand here.

Here's why.

So I have two fans, two filters.. You will see in the sketch I upload in my photo how this is all set up. What I am wondering is if my hoods are going to get too hot. I tried to open the hoods and the temps went out of control pretty quick, mid 80s to low 90s.

So I close the hoods back and now the temp is controllable, like I said I can drop them to 69 degrees if I want to. But there is no air being pulled directly through the air cooled hoods. All hoods have duct connecting them together. I did have air running through the hoods with its own fan but odor was escaping out of the exhaust. Currently the open end of the front side of the duct is hanging close to the inlet, the open end of the back side of room is hanging open next to both fans and filters, and although there is no direct air being pulled through them I'm sure the fans are sucking some through the hoods, slowly but at least its extracting some.

Do you think my hoods will over heat and cause any issues like this? The tops of the hoods are pretty hot but the sides and glass are not too bad.

Here is a photo of the way its currently set up, this is the only way I have found out of 6 different tries at managing the temps. Forgive me for me sloppy ass drawing lol.

Screenshot_2018-02-11-20-54-01.jpg

MountainBudz

After I sit and thought about this for a minute, I would believe the bulbs and fixtures would be able to handle the heat. I thought about street lights. A lot of street lights you see are enclosed basically and have no air flowing through themand they work just fine.. Yeah it may shorten the life of the bulbs, but I don't mind buying new bulbs every run.

I think next grow I am gonna do way with the HPS and invest in equivalent cmh bulbs. However many it takes to equal 4000 watts. I am gonna go back now and check the hoods just for safe measure and make sure they are not getting incredibly hot since they have had over an hour to warm up fully and heat up the hoods.

If all is good, I believe it will be time for the flip. I will have to clean up floor space and prep the room and all, but photos will be uploaded once the room is ready and plants are in place to flower.

If it does end up being an issue I can always throw a window a.c. unit in there if needed.

MountainBudz

Day 1 of 12/12 starts TODAY!

Day 1 of 12/12 starts TODAY!

Finally getting around to the plants being in place, flower starts about 6 or 7am this morning. Thank God the first day of 12/12 has arrived.

Here is a photo of the girls as of now... There is 15 plants under the 2 lights in the back. In the front there is 5 plants and a bunch of seedlings and a few clones. Once I get the seedlings and clones put in the veg room ( in a couple of hours) I will have room to bring some of the plants in the back, up front to even them out and give them more space. If I see eventually that crowding becomes an issue, I can always pull 2 or 3 out to use as mother plants and throw in the veg room. I know I am gonna need a little extra space to tie and bend them down.

So currently there at 15 in back 15 in front. 20 plants flowering total under 4000 watts of light. I am going to split the number of plants up into each section. So when I am finished there will be 10 plants in back and 10 in the front. This will increase space tremendously from what you currently see in the photo. My goal for final yield is anywhere 4 to 6 ounces per plant. That will put me somewhere between 5 to 7.5 lbs. In expecting more like 5 to 5.5lb realistically, since this is my first time running these strains and I don't really have the plants dialed in as I would like. But really you never know.

I will have them semi-lollipopped by time they flip to 12/12. Gonna clone the hell out of the skva chem 91, since that is the only plant I have of her. The rest I already have a couple mothers a piece in progress. I plan on having at least 2 to 3 mothers of each strain as next round I am going to run a SOG... I believe that or scrog would be absolutely perfect for my setup. Other improvements I will make on my next rub is switching to coco, replacing lights with CMH bulbs and upgrading to 8 or maybe even 10 inch fans and duct.

Here they are... On a smoke and shitter break haha, then I'm getting busy again!

picture.php

picture.php

:dance013: :tiphat: :joint:

MountainBudz

Update

Update

Got my veg room finished and all clones that I didn't decide to to flower and the seedlings are now in the veg room under t5s.

Today is day 3 of 12/12, I watered and fed all the plants yesterday. I finally got my temps under control but I can already tell when the days and nights start getting a little warmer I may need to upgrade to 8 inch exhaust fans. For now, I will likely purchase the 8 inch fans and put the fan on an 8 to 6 inch reducer. That will nearly double my cfm's and I believe it will help me control my temps for warmer spring days to come. Also plan on installing a mini split AC this spring for my summer runs.

As for the feeding, they got...

Sensi Bloom A&B
Earth Juice Catalyst
Molasses
Seaweed Juice
B52
FF Open Seaseme
Recharge
Epsom salts
And calmag

All at quarter to half strength doses, followed by a good foiliat feeding... The GG's are straight up calmag whores... I have never seen a plant demand so much Calcium and Magnesium. So they got calmag both through foilar and root feedings.

Next feeding will be a light one likely, depending on how they respond to this one. They all seem to stay hungry and want a little something per every watering.

I will update with photos tonight, not really much of anything going on right now. They are prepping to stretch and I am just wondering if I should lay out a scrog net over the canopy to help with that... I know the GG4s are gonna stretch like crazy!

MountainBudz

Holy crap man, The under ground layer came together very nicely. Plants are looking good Bud.

Peace GG

Thanks Gorilla Ganj... Got a lot of dough invested into it thus far. Stil have some mods to make and incorporate into it.

Thanks for stopping by! :tiphat:

MountainBudz

Day 3 of 12/12

Day 3 of 12/12

Not much visual change in the photos but man the nodes are stacking on them. I have noticed since I lollipopped some and then fed, that all new growth and shoots are packing right up onto each other, that is what I am after... Those long, dense, full colas. Reason I left some lower growth is to take clones (in about a week) to prep a few more mothers for the next run which will be a SOG (likely)...

Here they are today! Notice the Chem' 91 in the last photo, she is a bush! She is surrounded by a couple of Headbangers(OG leaning phenos) and 413 Chems for the rest. On towards the back, in the middle I have rows of Headbangers, "Corey" Startdawgs and in the very back "the taller plants" are Gorilla Glue 4...I a plan to get several cuttings from the Chem' 91... Over look the floors lol, had a little issue come up the other day and the floors got muddy. Got that under control now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Man I wish I could fast forward time!!! This way of life is definitely not for impatient haha... But it is love, to me! :biggrin:

MountainBudz

Another update...

Can't stay out of the grow room lol... always in there during lights on piddling with something...

Decided to apply some old fashioned LST on what I believe to be the stretchiest of them all... The gg4 got the lowdown.

picture.php

picture.php

Except for this one... She stayed low and bushy, very close internal development on this one compared to the others... I gave this one extra high dose of Seaweed juice "Kelp", it contains an all natural PGR... This is proof it works.

picture.php

Here is the side of the room that no one ever gets to see lol.. embarrassed of the mess, but oh well, I am working on a lot things right now.

And I scooted those plants out of my way to make a walkway for easier access back and forth. I always center them back up when I leave the room.

picture.php

MountainBudz

Here is the Chem' 91... My only plant I have of her. She is surrounded by 413 Chems and I plan on taking many cuttings of the 91. She is a bush for sure.

picture.php

Then I said what the hell, and threw up one of these in the back half of the grow room... I crawled and got around just fine beneath it.. Back will be scrogged, front will just be LST'd... The way my room is laid out at the moment, a screen in front will just be in my way.

picture.php

picture.php

First scrog too, btw.

Just wanted to not also that the gg4 is drinking the shit out of water. They will need water this evening when lights switch back on. Hardly 2 days and they are almost dry. I watered thoroughly when I get them, got a little run off.

You should see the root mass on these plants, a mix of sea weed juice, recharge and voodoo juice had made them explode. I barely can even stick the popsicle stick back into the promix the roots are so dense. They filled those 5 gals up in no time at all. Probably some of the best root balls/systems I have ever had indoor. ::joint::