What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boss Frost the frost boss

Picarus

A beautiful cut was passed to me as GG#4 a few years back. At the time I was falling out with a former "partner" and did not want to grow the cut at that location. I held her in veg for the next few years never flowering her out. Finally about a year ago I landed in a new spot and put this cut in a good chunk of my space. Her aroma is chocolate and mint with an Og fuel background. I find the taste similar but a bit more minty that GSC. After a few grows of her and taking her to some patients it seems she is not the GG#4 that I was told. Out of the first couple runs she did push out a few nanners which put a seed here and there in the flowers. I popped these seeds and that is where I found her.
I knew pretty quickly she was special.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 9

Picarus

Her aroma is akin to sweet limes and lemon verbena. So intense it smells like an essential oil. It stays on the fingers and hands and almost as though you just used a wet nap, but much stickier. She puts out elegant whispy hairs that don't obscure her extreme trichome coverage.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9

Picarus

She is currently being tested in standard bloom conditions and is exceeding all expectations. She is extremely vigorous! Grows tall very fast, and meets all my standards for an excellent production strain. Her flavor is so much like her smell but with a secret up her sleeve. The inhale is sweet lime, citrus but not at all astringent. It coats the mouth beautifully and stays on your breathe after the hit. The magic is in the exhale, from out of nowhere a creamy OG fuel kush comes through from somewhere behind the citrus. It melds together and reminds me why I love cannabis. The flavor strikes of memories of the old OG days but is somehow more refined and more mature tasting. The effects are noticed right away, a sense of the mind ascending very quickly, and an expansion behind the eyes. It is euphoric and for a moment I am feeling a rush of "uh oh, did I over do it!?" A calmness returns and I remember I have been here before, in the grips of an exquisite strain. Every exhale the flavor lingers even after the joint is out.

Attachments

• IMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2167.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10

Picarus

A room full of her smells like sweet limes in a locker room. Funny how describing weed sounds disgusting when it smells so good.

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8

Picarus

In the cloner Boss Frost is first to show roots and man are they thick! She is the first 5 rows from the left next to "Wedgie Meatball". This is one week in. I also noticed she carries the double serrated leaf trait. Thanks for checking her out fellas!

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Picarus

Finally got the tests back. Here is her first test. After cure the smoke is so similar, while improved upon, to that of her mother the name had to be changed to show the lineage. She will be going out as Grease Monkey 2.0.

Attachments

• Greasemonkey2.0_test_1.pdf
    197 KB · Views: 47

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yeah man! the boss frost was one of my favorites and i see why. grease monkey 2.0 sounds good to me.

hope you are good

Picarus

Highest Flower Terpene Concentration Ever Tested @ SCLabs

Highest Flower Terpene Concentration Ever Tested @ SCLabs

Grease Monkey 2.0 aka Boss Frost the frost boss
Two lab results from first two grows.
4.2% and 5.8% total terpene concentration.
She's a freak, and she will be @ HT Norcal Cup this year.

Attachments

• greasemonkey2.0_test2.jpg
    greasemonkey2.0_test2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 11
  • Greasemonkey2.0_test1.jpg
    Greasemonkey2.0_test1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Picarus

bubble hash

bubble hash

wet and dry bubble.
Leaves the room smelling like incense as it burns, really enjoying it.

Attachments

• boss frost 73u.jpg
    boss frost 73u.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20160525_113805.jpg
    20160525_113805.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 9

Picarus

From our entry into the 2016 Norcal cup of Boss Frost aka Grease Monkey 2.0. I heard the HT guys touting their amazing unique algorithm that is the only one to include lab test results in the scoring. Yet somehow the highest terpene tested flower that Steep Hill and ScLabs has seen, did not even place. Got the results many weeks after the contest. Maybe the algorithm includes sponsorship dollars as well...
From Steep Hill:

"Dear High Times® Cannabis Cup Contestant

You might not have gone home with a cup but you made a pretty big splash at the lab. Congratulations as other lab tests have indicated, this is the highest terpene sample we have analyzed. "

This particular crop came back at 33% cannabinoids and 6% terpenes. This marks the first and last HTCC I will take part in.

Picarus

Our most recent test resulted in a new high in terpene concentration of 6.6% with half being alpha pinene, 3.3%. After not getting any recognition at the HTCC (and losing out to 3 OG cuts?!) we have been contacted by them and due to the test from the cup sample she will be featured in the upcoming strongest stains issue. I'm pretty stoked on this! Getting some well deserved attention. Just a reminder this was an s-1 from what turned out to be a fake gg4 cut.

Wondering if the pinene just overpowered the flavor and that's what threw the judges off initially. Great to hear a success from a seed produced from a herm.

Picarus

Doubt it, what judge would knock strong flavor? Just didn't grease the wheel like the winners did. After taking part in the event its pretty transparent that the most $$$ spent get the awards. On IG they list the winners and always mention the big sponsors too and they are almost always the same. The smaller guys that won seem to do the tour and have a booth for all the cups. unfortunately its all about the green just not the cannabis.

Picarus

We recently got notice that boss frost aka grease monkey 2.0 will be in the High times strongest strains on earth issue. This was due to the anomaly of a test that came back from the contest. Recognition is nice, still salty she didn't place in the cup.

Also put her into the phylos bioscience galaxy and come to find out she is related to GG#4! Sooo initial reports of gg#4 fakes may not be true. The mother of Boss Frost was a "fake" gg#4, id'd by marrdog on this very forum, but the next closest relative to boss frost is GG#4, so either all the submissions into the galaxy are also fake cuts or the fake cut myth is busted.