What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Virus or maybe mites PICS!

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Well I have used the same nutrients for quite a while and haven't had an issue but on the other hand I have never ran these new strains either....so maybe you are correct
Every strain is different. Branchier strains will use more K, strains that produce more resin will need more Si, etc.

What I've notice in my grows, is that when you use R/O water, plants do just fine through seedling stage, however as soon as flowering starts, you'll need more magnesium. And for the plant flowering starts as soon as the first pre-flowers show up.

And combine that with pots placed on a solid or concrete floor, especially in winter, lockout issues are added to that.

TIP: after the flowering is well under way and the buds are stacking, add an inch or two of medium, or (without touching the rootball) repot into a larger container (very easy with coco coir).

The reason is that the increase in space for root expansion at that point of development, you're going to see a crazy increase in budding.

Last edited:

Raw710

Every strain is different. Branchier strains will use more K, strains that produce more resin will need more Si, etc.

What I've notice in my grows, is that when you use R/O water, plants do just fine through seedling stage, however as soon as flowering starts, you'll need more magnesium. And for the plant flowering starts as soon as the first pre-flowers show up.

And combine that with pots placed on a solid or concrete floor, especially in winter, lockout issues are added to that.

TIP: after the flowering is well under way and the buds are stacking, add an inch or two of medium, or (without the rootball) repot into a larger container (very easy with coco coir).

The reason is that the increase in space for root expansion at that point of development, you're going to see a crazy increase in budding.

Awespme. So you are just saying put my pot in another pot with Coco?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Awespme. So you are just saying put my pot in another pot with Coco?
Just corrected, I meant to say repot without touching the rootball. Just put the entire rootball in a new pot and fill in with more coco coir.

The P in the flowering solution will lead to fast new root growth. At the budding stage, this will be put to use for growing new roots to supply all the new budsites and calyxes. If you repot during vegging, the new roots go to supplying more branches and foliage. In flowering, new root growth goes to supply more flowers.

Raw710

Just corrected, I meant to say repot without touching the rootball. Just put the entire rootball in a new pot and fill in with more coco coir.

The P in the flowering solution will lead to fast new root growth. At the budding stage, this will be put to use for growing new roots to supply all the new budsites and calyxes. If you repot during vegging, the new roots go to supplying more branches and foliage. In flowering, new root growth goes to supply more flowers.

Awesome that was very informational thank you! How long are the roots growing exponentially in flower till week 3?

Latest posts

Latest posts