What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Autoflowering Sativa strain

Hi guys,

Black friday is around the corner and I think of stashing some autoflowering seeds for 2019.

I'm wondering what are your recommendations about sativa dominant autoflowering picks? Do you have experience with autoflowers keeping their sativa ancestry alive?

Peace and love
treepwnzor

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Treepwnzor, sounds like a great idea. I will be running several Auto's next season. Ace has refined a Malawi dominant Auto flowering mother plant. They have a new auto being released this season. Auto Zamaldelica = Zamal x Malawi, Thai.
This is fast flowering sativa in abundance. I have been working with Ace for over a decade. I can tell you straight up, nobody does more clinical research and testing than Ace. Regardless of the investment they will not release any genetics before they are done right. You can purchase seeds from their R&D department. There is some amazing stuff there to explore. You can go to my albums and see some of them. Don't miss out on the Lebanese either. My favorite strain, pure Landrace goodness.
Peace

Yes, this is the forum I've posted to :tiphat:

Treepwnzor, sounds like a great idea. I will be running several Auto's next season. Ace has refined a Malawi dominant Auto flowering mother plant. They have a new auto being released this season. Auto Zamaldelica = Zamal x Malawi, Thai.
This is fast flowering sativa in abundance. I have been working with Ace for over a decade. I can tell you straight up, nobody does more clinical research and testing than Ace. Regardless of the investment they will not release any genetics before they are done right. You can purchase seeds from their R&D department. There is some amazing stuff there to explore. You can go to my albums and see some of them. Don't miss out on the Lebanese either. My favorite strain, pure Landrace goodness.
Peace

Thanks very much for the recommendation! I'm currently growing a feminized zamaldelica and I can see what you mean :)
I think this will be one of the strains I'll get for auto 2019.

I'm looking for even more recommendations.
I think of getting seeds from more than one breeder. For bigger variety and comparison :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reading up on previous threads helps.....

La Buena Heirba has sativa hybrids, as most autos are (hybrids of sativa/indica/ruderalis), but yes, Ace Zam predominately sativa.

Last edited:
Reading up on previous threads helps.....

La Buena Heirba has sativa hybrids, as most autos are (hybrids of sativa/indica/ruderalis), but yes, Ace Zam predominately sativa.

Well, in this subforum we got 84 pages of threads and if you search for sativa and auto - you can see the results... Not so rich of content.

Most of the threads are kinda old and I'd like to read up on opinions from these days.

For the past few days I did small research and I think of picking through some of these:

Ace
Auto Zamaldelica

World of Seeds
Wild Thailand Ryder
Neville Haze Ryder

Pyramid seeds
Auto Amnesia Gold
Auto Lennon

Dinafem
Moby Dick Automatic

Dutch Passion
Auto Durban Poison
Auto Cinderella Jack

Anyone with experience in some of the strains to chime in? I'd really appreciate it! :tiphat: :)

Peace

Yep, research...that's what you need to do.

I just tried to use the forums to ask a question, that hasn't been asked previously.

If there is something behind the curtain - it's not so obvious to me.
Can you give any comments on the topic? Maybe you got experience with some of the strains or the breeders?

Autos as a whole? I know they won't be as sativa as a sativa can be but I hope autoflowers improved in the past years. So I decided to give it a shot...

If it's not allowed to ask questions, just give me a sign.

Peace and regards
treepwnzor

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just tried to use the forums to ask a question, that hasn't been asked previously.

If there is something behind the curtain - it's not so obvious to me.
Can you give any comments on the topic? Maybe you got experience with some of the strains or the breeders?

Autos as a whole? I know they won't be as sativa as a sativa can be but I hope autoflowers improved in the past years. So I decided to give it a shot...

If it's not allowed to ask questions, just give me a sign.

Peace and regards
treepwnzor

Everyone has a different idea of a "sativa" ruderalis, hence, doing research is what you do. Not knocking it- threads do mention sativa dominant autos, so you can start there, add to it, decide what is good for you. That's all I was saying...no veil intended.

Your list sounds great.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Memphisto has the best autos I've grown. I like Sweet Seeds work as well. Dutch Passion will never see a dollar from me. Total shit.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Memphisto has the best autos I've grown. I like Sweet Seeds work as well. Dutch Passion will never see a dollar from me. Total shit.
There's more out there you haven't tried. The only sativa dominant auto of Mephisto is Walter White....largely the majority are indica hybrids.

As long as I know Mephisto are great but their genetics are mostly indica. Something I'm not after right now.

Tbh i got tired of mostly indica strains in my life, trying to get higher than a stone :D j/k

Can you please elaborate on Dutch Passion? - the Durban poison is really tempting me but after all it's just a name without any bud in front of me. If it ain't got a lot with the real Durban Poison I may disregard this one...

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Peace

Auto Zamaldelica from what i read, too long to finish. prefer panthera and shimmer for sativa leanin autos, limona - lemon haze, too all finishin 82-85 days

Last edited:

Vesnican

Haven't tried any pure sativa auto strain yet and I see almost none commerial seeds offered. From sativa leaning autos I ran outdoor Black Jack and Blow Mind (Amnesia) see my older thread. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330557

IMHO majority od autoflowering breeeders develop their strains from indica leaning autos. For example Sweet seeds, who Have got great auto genetics, use S.A.D auto And Cream Caramel auto, two very stable And sucesfull indica leaning strains, to bring ruderails genes to majority of their auto seeds in near past.

The above mentioned auto Malawi cought definitelly my attention, go for it And dont forget to start a thread ;)

Last edited:

DJbigbud

As long as I know Mephisto are great but their genetics are mostly indica. Something I'm not after right now.

Tbh i got tired of mostly indica strains in my life, trying to get higher than a stone :D j/k

Can you please elaborate on Dutch Passion? - the Durban poison is really tempting me but after all it's just a name without any bud in front of me. If it ain't got a lot with the real Durban Poison I may disregard this one...
Mephisto has several sativa dominant varieties,
fugue-state-strain-image.jpg

948d09_16cff7afe34945f495ec2387fd980fc1-mv2_d_1244_1938_s_2_2.jpg

948d09_fa306e4dcd794a10a8329d8a3912ac59_2.jpg

948d09_0e8866cb9a644a35bc6061b8b04234ff_2.jpg

There are a few more, check out their strainguide for information...
https://www.mephistogenetics.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/pdfs/Mephisto-2018-Strain-Guide.pdf

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Pumkinpie eyes, this will be my first time running them. I'm only going on the flowering onset of the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4's.
This cross the f3 was used. While I have some of the f3's, I have not ran any. I'm planning on about 10 Auto's. The balance will be Landrace genetics ( Lebanese, Highland Nepalese, Mazar I Sharif and a few Lebanese x Auto Malawi f1's).
Ace is working on a Panama Auto flowering plant now. I don't think it's available for this spring's planting. I would like to see their Thai Chi in an Auto format.
Merry Christmas to you all! Peace

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'd be willing to take a chance on an Auto Panama myself.It would be really interesting to get some details on that one.(plant size and flowering time).