What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Growers becoming obsolete

St. Phatty

You are absolutely right my friend. Some don't like spiders, some don't like snakes, others aren't afraid of anything. I love a good fillet but wouldn't eat human flesh....just me....maybe stupid but me.

You can piss up a rope but don't piss on my pot.

Best tasting salad lettuce I've ever had was grown using human urine.

Not sure how to break it to the guests.

I have some skunk that I'm sure you would smoke if it was on your smoke table, even though urine was used to fertilize it.

St. Phatty

If I'm in the field and have to go for a piss, the closest plant gets a Nitrogen boost.

That's one of the main reasons I have an opinion.

A particular rose plant near the back door is just plain, a good place to pee.

Of course all the rose bushes got watered. But the one that got the urine grew the most, by far. Even after providing lots of food for deer.

Only reason I had an opinion is that one rose-bush.

Course then I started using it on the pot plants. The other cheap nitrogen source would be steer manure. Why mix in an NPK component with water when you have Nitrogen water pre-mixed ?

"If it didn't exist you'd have to invent it" it's one of those kinds of things.

It's not a coincidence that plants like animal excretions and people like plant excretions (water, popcorn, Cannabis).

If animal poop & urine was toxic to plants, the biological evolution cycles 1 billion years ago would have had a hard time getting started.

When you swim amongst the groupers & sea-bass in the kelp beds at La Jolla Cove in San Diego ... it's a big soup of fish-poop falling gently in the sunshine, onto the sand for the lobsters and crabs to eat. That is Fresh Roast Pork for the lobsters & crabs. You can see them getting out their salt-shakers and tucking in their napkins.

When that 5 foot long shadow swims by overhead, it's not always death. Sometimes it's lunch, in the form of a big disgusting fish turd.

Just imagine it's a Pixar movie, and the Hermit crabs and all the different color crabs and Lobsters are having Dim Sum. And the main course is one long Sea Bass Fish Turd. It's the main course. It's the course that when they're done, they get out the crustacean cigars.

And of course the Turd-water provides a nice foliar feed for the sea-grasses.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Interesting points and we all know fertilizer enriches the soil with nutrients. But, Humans are carnivores and their waste shouldn't be used in the garden. To hot or something...same with dog waste. Plant manure is different. I could be full of it but I have been growing (something) all my life and the common knowledge is to use a plant based fertilizer.