What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

force Flowering

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
nice looking happier, you are on the right way keep this up and she will explode as long as you do not see little flower formations don t lower the humidity

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not quite true.

Autoflowering cannabis varieties automatically switch from vegetative growth to the flowering stage with age, starting around day 15-21, showing sex.with photoperiod the ratio of light to dark hours is required to start the process of flowering. Many autoflowers will be ready to harvest in less than 10 weeks from seed, but claims of 60 days seedling to finish is unrealistic. We've tried numerous on the market....82 days are the sweet spot for the majority of autoflowering strains.

THE DILEMMA - WHICH IS BEST, 18 OR 24 HOURS OF LIGHT?

Some like to take the middle ground, using a 20/4 light cycle.
Really, you do not want your autoflowering plants to receive less than 18 hours per day. This is the minimum, and anything less will adversely affect growth.

So, to summarize, every grower should do what best works for them. It is worth experimenting with both light cycles (on two separate grows), to see what gets you better results, and what suits your grow situation better. 24-hour lighting offers a little more potential, but it may not always be practical.

We've done a 1/2 dozen of side-by-side grows between 24/0, 20-4 and 18/6. No appreciable benefit (indoors) 24/0.

To each their own. After growing autos for almost 13 years, we've noted plants grow best under 20/4 or 18/6.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
I wasn't trying to explain anything and said exactly what I meant. It has nothing to do with HOW the grower chooses to grow the plant.

If a plant MUST have a dark cycle to flower, it is not an auto flower plant, it is a photo period plant.

If a grower wants to save a few bucks and grow under a reduced light cycle, that is their prerogative.

Gio88

The plant is starting to flower finally! Do you suggest to change lamp now or wait? I use a lamp for vegetative state and another lamp for flowering

Attachments

• D2294952-5B3B-4922-961B-2A41834498DD.jpg
    D2294952-5B3B-4922-961B-2A41834498DD.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 33

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You already have the MH bulb use it till vertical growth stops as WM says, usually around week 6. Also keep it on slight veg nutes, then once vertical growth stops switch to the HPS light and to diluted bloom nutes at the same time.

With LED (we use consistently), we switch to red spectrum when showing it's female early on. So many ways to grow. Grow em great!

Gio88

I've a doubt! the height of my plant is nearly 60 cm , can the lamp's light reach the lower leaves ? Beacuse i guess the heat can arrive till a certain point ....is that a problem? (I don't want to pay more money to buy others lamps)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Do you have an enclosure around the plant and light? If not then you are losing a lot of light to the surrounding area

Gio88

I used the low stress training technique what do you think? I’m just afraid the plant may break or fall ... is it right how I did it?

Attachments

• 5DC93669-7D95-4C2E-B632-0473C01AD4EA.jpg
    5DC93669-7D95-4C2E-B632-0473C01AD4EA.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 3FBC9CF5-1272-49C5-8B5B-C365603579AD.jpg
    3FBC9CF5-1272-49C5-8B5B-C365603579AD.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 972B5563-B641-4857-9E0D-275EEF8FBB9A.jpg
    972B5563-B641-4857-9E0D-275EEF8FBB9A.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 255BEC50-B406-4643-AB21-52C97479F3AB.jpg
    255BEC50-B406-4643-AB21-52C97479F3AB.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 24

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great!

Yes, I've snapped a few in my life forcing them to bend. Just LST a little at a time when your plant adapts to bending. Maybe bring your light down just a little or raise up container a little. I use cloth string so it doesn't cut the stem. Other materials, old tshirt cut in strips. Wire, if plant bent down too much, can cut into the stalk. If string, tie a slip knot and tape to edges of container.

But right you are...use caution when bending.

Also, you can do LST with the lower branches too.

So far, so good!! And like mr. bunch said, do you have reflective sides- as he mentioned the light intensity is being lost if not enclosed by material like flat whit paint or reflective material.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks!! Do you think the plant can snap or fall or is it in the right position?

Hopefully neither. Once the plant adapts to bending you can bend further. Keep majority of plant in the most light. Doing fine, friend!

I just looked at the first pic from your original post. Nice changes!! ;o)

Latest posts

Latest posts