What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mmmm Lemon G

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I dont get tangerine.. but if a tangerine, a lemon, a key lime, and some sugar walked into a bar... wait.. I could see lemonG's flavor walking out.

Her yield sucks, but shes pretty fast, normally under 60, and i give her a 9.5/10 on flavor.

I normally take her a bit earlier, but here she is @64 dark periods.

itsame

that sir, is real lemon g...

i even see the original g-13 maple leaf indica look in the fan leaf...

problem solved!

cheers

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I have some things to add to this thread.

Having grown Santa Marta Colombian Gold x Malawi Gold, and having a CG dominant pheno, I can definitely see Lemon G having some Colombian in it's genes, with the intense citrus.

This thread also interested me, because not only is it about Lemon G, but I see that Candy is mentioned, lol.

Last year around this time in central Indiana, someone was growing Lemon G and Candy exclusively, they still might be for all I know. I was going to be introduced to the grower and trade genetics, however my connection was arrested days later before that could happen, and I moved away afterwards.

My first experience with Lemon G was just with a gram, and at the time, I wrongly assumed that it was a made up name, and the strain was in fact a perfectly grown, harvested, and cured specimen of OG Kush. Why? I've had various OG Kushs from different clubs in Santa Barbara, and the Lemon G I had, smelled extremely similar, but way more intense in the lemon department. They both had bright green buds with bright orange hairs and glistening in a good amount of trichomes. The lemon flavor of the Lemon G was actually stronger and more pleasant in my opinion, than the best OG Kushes I've had. The high was more enjoyable in my opinion though.

Well, needless to say, I got more, and inquired more as well. The guy informed me it's a G-13 cross. Well, that didn't really tell me much, and it was nothing like the various G-13's I've had.

I found a lot of information on another forum regarding Lemon G, and the one thing everyone seemed to agree on, was that it is made with an Ohio G-13 which is UNRELATED to the standard G-13. Apparently the Ohio G-13 went by some other name, but was really popular, and is quite similar in high to Lemon G.

I'd also like to point out that the original Indiana Bubblegum is still around. Many people received cuttings and seeds from the breeder who is now in a nursing home unless he passed away.

Virtually every strain known to man was grown at Indiana University, legally, and from what I hear, a lot of strains "escaped". I don't remember his name, but a professor there has a license from the DEA to study cannabinoids, terpenes, etc... along with some of his undergrads that showed interest. A lot of their work can be found with a simple google search. Bloomington, Indiana is a very liberal town, with many hydro stores, head shops, and fun things to do. It is never a problem there to find premium well cured locally grown weed from growers who have been doing it their whole life.

I am one of those people who recieved the indiana bubblegum cut. Had her about 5 years now. What a nice little strain. Halfway decent yield for such a resinous plant. She finishes on the early side compared to my other strains. My favorite are the mini buckeye leaves she makes, especially in veg. If you have her, you know what im talkin bout.

mota has a strain called gryphon which is lemon thai x g13/hp that some people call lemon g, i think he was trying to recreate the lemon g. i got the beans but none have germed for me

i also have a lemon g dawg which is g13/ lemon diesel x chem d. which im growing now and have high hopes for it.

Tspreckin

Big UPs to everyone in this thread sharing info about the Lemon G and Afghani Mango- I've enjoyed growing both for a year or two now.

Here's Super Lemon Haze (left) and Lemon G (right) under a 120w LED & 23w CFL:
picture.php
only about 8 days into flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lemong G grown under T5 & CFLs

Anyone have any other info on Afghani Mango or Lemon G??

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
tspreckin-- I would check your lables on your moms as they may be mixed up. The closeup bud you pictured looks a whole lot like afghani mango.. Just my opinion, i could be wrong.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I'm smoking on some Lemon G right now.

By way of bag seed, I wasn't buying into the hype.

The grower who's nugs they were was upset that a seed got into my possession.

I figured my bag seed would hermie or not be lemony and I was way off. I never smoked the weed it came out of, but my good friend has been buying it from the same guy for awhile now.

What I have now is a total keeper. It REEKS like Lemons and citrus and tastes even more like lemons on the exhale. I love it. I ran it with very little attention and I really can't wait to see what she can do when given some love.

I'm going to do some breeding with Agent Orange or something else to see what I can come up with. :)

B

BugJar

the old timers I met outside of athens take it to the grave that the parentage was way random and that the g does not come from g13

first things first there are at least 2 cuttings of the lemon g. the one we saw in cincy was typically very pinesol tasting and the one we started getting back in the early 90s was very lemon zest like

visually they look nothing alike.

The zesty one is the one I personally LOVE and lament the fact that I haven't tasted it in my time in Oregon and would pitch almost any elite mom to run the g.

for the first time in years I am considering getting the electric lemon g seeds just to see if they are close at all.

S

scai

Electric Lemon does stone hard golfballs,
Very hard and good grower.
I don't know how she tastes, not ready yet.

Have some Sour Lemon OG, completely different plant?

B

BugJar

Electric Lemon does stone hard golfballs,
Very hard and good grower.
I don't know how she tastes, not ready yet.

Have some Sour Lemon OG, completely different plant?

totally different

240toke420

there are a few small circles in NY with this awesome strain as well. I have some right now and its always the same way when i get it...extremely fresh andnot trimmed very well. however the smell and taste are like a super lemony pinesol skunk that is killer! buds are always very airy, its definitely a sativa dom pheno. Ive been getting it on and off for 4 years but its been around for maybe 10

240toke420

there are a few small circles in NY with this awesome strain as well. I have some right now and its always the same way when i get it...extremely fresh andnot trimmed very well. however the smell and taste are like a super lemony pinesol skunk that is killer! buds are always very airy, its definitely a sativa dom pheno. Ive been getting it on and off for 4 years but its been around for maybe 10
buzz is eurphoric and giggly and clear minded. its short lived but doesnt burn you out which is nice. good social smoke

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I just want to take this chance to clear up some of the controversy and let people know where we are at.... Heres the facts.

At first, I was told that the strain i have is Lemon G. Its is not the original Lemon G, but that name has been adopted by many who smoke and grow this stuff.

The real lemon G is, JOI lemon skunk x g-13. It is a short dense plant.

The strain i have may not be a pheno from reefs love potion either as i had suspected it was. Its probably Skunk Misty.

Now what im hearing, is that a friend of mine actually met the lady that made it long ago. She told him that she took a g-13 male from seeds, that she had aquired from some dead heads, and crossed it to Skunk Misty. So thats it, thats where we are at this point.

Skunk Misty is one local strain that seems to elude me. Ive never even seen a pic of it, so i cant judge for myself if it has any resemblence to the my cut of Lemon G. Can any chime as for the genetics of this plant, or how it came to be?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Idk about that I'm from an hour away from where it was originally circulated, it's been in Ohio since before I was born and it's supposedly from the Planck cut,Santa Marta gold. Real lemon g is fluffy as hell and super stretchy, deffinetly not short and squat. I've had my eye on this one for awhile. It having g in the name causes a lot of confusion that it's an og or g13, from the structure i would say og is more likely but I've been told it dates back farther than og.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Also thre is no g13 male. It's one of the older clone onlys, so maybe a g13 dominant hybrid male? Or a g13bx2? But I doubt it.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
With the large airy lightweight nugs, I'm inclined to believe Santa Marta's gold is in the lineage, since the dude who told me has held that cut for awhile, and is much more knowledgable than myself. Having said that I could see g13 also playing a role in this mystery strain, it has more of a calmness than ive come to expect from the Planck cut. All I know is my lady likes the lemons and she's been bugging me to find a cut

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Oh and by the way, if anyone here has the original dumpster please get in touch with me via pm. I would like to chat about my long long lost friend. Same goes for the skunk misty, i have some questions. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts